A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

JOB DOOMSDAY - PPD

Posted: Dec 21, 2012

The world may not have ended, but my job, as I knew it, has.  Now I should just call in dead and tell them I died in my pod.  What do you think?

I have a very strong feeling that after Jan. 1st, a lot - of US MTs are going to get the axe. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Gut feeling, strengthened by how things have been going down at my company lately.

just at nuance or US wide - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

My gut tells me US-wide. I have a very uneasy - feeling about transcription in 2013. N_M

[ In Reply To ..]
Why? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
They are sending ever increasing amounts to India but they are also still hiring US MTs. Why would they go to the expense of training new US MTs to turn around and fire us next month?

I agree that there will be more Offshore MTs than US MTs in the very near future, but I certainly don't see the bulk of us gone this coming year.

Some hospitals still require onshore and the fact is Indian MTs have 80% accuracy requirement, which means at the very least they will need a TON of US QA to get that up to hospital standards.
80% accuracy requirement??? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
And they hold us to 99???? WTH! I'm so frustrated with how we are treated. It is pathetic.

Similar Messages:

Doomsday - I.e., Last Day Of The Week When QA Nails You To Get Your Score Under 99%
Jan 09, 2015

I worked my you-know-what off all week to try to get into a higher tier this week.  Was doing great, two reviews both 100%.  Then Qwhatever nailed me this morning with a post audit.  ONE WORD (that doesn't change the report AT ALL!) is going to cost me $241!  I honestly believe they are doing this on purpose - keep us going all week so we will work harder to stay in the higher tiers, then at the last minute snatch it away from us when it's too late to do anything d ...