A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Beware N bonus winners. Coming to light on MModa board, - award winners pay for their own award.SM

Posted: May 15, 2013

You might want to check your paychecks and make sure you dont have any mystery deductions being applied to your paycheck.

Because of my deductions, I RARELY get - Federal Withholding

[ In Reply To ..]
deducted from my REGULAR checks. Guess what? It WAS deducted from my teensy weensy bonus check!! 1/4 of my bonus check went to federal withholding tax. I used to do payroll for YEARS and somebody in payroll sure doesn't have A CLUE! how to add in bonus checks with income, divid between pay periods and figure tax for a special check. Ridiculous!

Same thing happened to me on the bonus - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
They took out as much as if I were expected to earn 50K a year. It was ridiculous and I do not understand why they do this.

The bonus is tied to your pay so of course you - will pay taxes on it.

[ In Reply To ..]
understand what you read before you yell fire.

The feds tax bonuses at 40% - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I wouldn't blame this one on Nuance, though I'd like to. It's not them. It's the feds.

Are you sure about that, even with our income levels? - hard to believe

[ In Reply To ..]
If this is true, this is a very powerful reason why it is a good idea to forget about chasing the bonuses! Totally not worth the time spent getting mistakes reversed!

I found this calculator - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
See the link. When I calculated it for my state, it was 25% to the feds and the rest was medicare, my state, soc security, etc. It amounted to about 42% of the bonus amount taxed.

Similar Messages:

Look Out For More New MT's Coming On Board.
Jan 29, 2010

Obama announced a new tax break for every new employee hired will get a 5,000 tax break and up to 500,000 total for each company who hires new employees.  My congressman is going to hear from tomrrow when I call his office.  You all know how MQ loves to hire new employees and I sure hope they do not plan on getting rid of us old ones and if they do?  I see ANOTHER lawsuit coming called age discrimination.  ...

Audio File Job On Job Seekers Board Beware
Jan 28, 2010

She claims the voice files are half as long as what they actually are, saying your express scribe is off.  No way.  15 minute file took an hour to type.  She said it was an 8 min file.  Okay so I got ripped off.   ...

Beware Of Post By Jessica Miller On Job Board. It Shows
Mar 11, 2013

Transcriptionwave and states is a US company, but email link takes you to Transcriptionlive and has a calculator for transcription 40% "lesser" than US.  ...

Been Off A Week..into Mmoda.. Where's Email?
May 25, 2012

x ...

Webmedx Red Light/Green Light
Apr 26, 2010

Is anyone else tired of the daily red light/green light game going on a certain Webmedx account.  STOP WORKING, OK OVER TIME WE ARE DROWNING, OK WORK. OK STOP.  I frankly cannot afford much more of this nonsense...... ...

Where Is The Red Light Green Light Thing?
Oct 07, 2010

DQS 6.1 Contest Winners
Nov 16, 2010

... on the prizes, I guess the TV winner probably won't be getting much of a paycheck for that pay period! ...

Any MT/MME Of The Year Winners Out There?
May 30, 2013

Past or present.  I'm curious if any of them visit this site at all and curious on what this AHDI thing is.  Is it run by MModal?  I live in Florida and was actually thinking about going this year and was wondering if it was worth it and maybe MModal will have any discounts on getting in. ...

Look At Our Blank Winners!
Oct 17, 2014

I can pick out at least 3 in that list that I know for sure just guessed.  I've QA'd their work and it's horrible.  Way to promote accuracy MM!  You know what would get those blanks down?  Educating dicators, fixing sound quality, keeping MTs in their primaries.  Nevermind, that won't work; it's the MTs that need to improve, obviously.  MM is run by complete boneheads. ...

I Am So Anxious To Hear The Winners Of
Sep 13, 2010

Will they be posted on MQ Central or will winners just be notified by e-mail?   Anyone know how this works? ...

Congratulations To All You Lottery Winners
Dec 10, 2010

My MTSO is going under and I have been sending out resumes like crazy.  Either there is no reply or I get the "We decided to go with another candidate," spiel.  The reason I said all you lottery winners is not because I am condescending.  I mean it.  It's like winning the lottery to find work anymore. I wish you luck in your new jobs. ...

Where Is The Email With Yesterday's Game Winners???
May 21, 2014

I actually played that one. lol ...

Did You See Those Long Sentences For The Daily Contest Winners?
May 21, 2013

I thought it was supposed to be a 1 sentence entry. ...

Has Anyone Here Ever Been Paid The Signon Bonus, Or Referral Bonus? Nm
Apr 02, 2015

nm ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

The Light Is Now Red
Jan 19, 2013

The light is now red. ...

Some Light For MTs (I Think)
Feb 13, 2013

I have a friend who works at a local hospital and she told me that they are about to start outsourcing their central scheduling department.  She said it is a U.S. based company that will be answering calls, scheduling tests, etc.  She also said that they have already begun outsourcing the discharge followups and surveys.  It is bad for the hospital, as they are losing staff, but I guess it could be good for MTs who just don't want to leave their home. Maybe they could work fo ...

BEWARE OF K$R
May 06, 2010

It takes you all day to get your line count.  They do not pay anything.  VERY RUDE!!  They want you to work ALL day and hound you if you dont. ...

Beware Of The Big Three
Jan 06, 2012

I have a friend whose relative is a one of those aspiring Wall Street'ers and he was interested in hearing about my work as an MT.  He had done some research and looked at the publicly traded companies in our industry.  With the growth of an ageing population the documents we provide is more and more needed.  But that also creates a potential for a takeover of publically traded companies.  Just my (or his) opinion. ...

Beware ANP
Sep 10, 2012

I recently responded to an ad on Craig's List for an MT medical editor because I'm interested in getting into that. I got a test and a bunch of info back from a Larry Perrone of ANP Transcription. Fortunately I googled ANP before doing anything and there are piles of complaints here and at other sites about them not paying MTs. I sent Mr. Perrone some samples of comments MTs wrote about their habit of not paying us and told him I won't be working for them. So beware! I guess ...

TTS - IC's Beware!
Aug 01, 2013

I'm sure we are all aware, but if considering employment with them be VERY careful. I have gone round and round for days with them that legally they cannot require a schedule of an IC...but they don't care, one bit. Told me to look elsewhere then, after passing their testing, etc. I cannot believe a company this supposedly big does not even try to care when this issues is addressed to them, makes me want to report them. I know many companies that have been fined for this exact thing an ...

Beware IC Ads
Aug 14, 2014

I'm not sure why I'm still here, ever posting on this board or answering these "employment" ads, but here I still am as are these readers. I have now answered 3 ads over the past several months and received 3 positive responses and took the jobs. (Consider air quotes around the word "jobs" every time you see it, please). I have 32 years of experience and type approximately 350 lph. (I know, I don't really type 350, and I didn't really type 475 lph when we did "gross" l ...

Yellow Light
Oct 07, 2010

Maybe this means we can get DT ...

DEP Light Yellow
Oct 07, 2010

xx ...

DEP Light Now Orange
Jun 18, 2012

So, how long do we wait until we give up for the night? ...

The DEP Light Is Still Green
Nov 02, 2012

Surely they know by now? ...

The Light Is Yellow
Jan 11, 2013

I was really clicking along this morning too ...

Light Just Turned Red
Apr 17, 2013

They are aware of the problem.  I bet.  ...

At Least The Light Is Red Today..
Dec 15, 2014

x ...

Just Checked - Red Light Still On
Dec 15, 2014

Anybody care to join me for an egg nog?  Hot toddie?  Hot buttered rum? ...