A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone checked with a lawyer about MM not paying for CCs and - sm

Posted: Nov 26, 2012

demos when we're required to spend time searching and entering them?  How can we be required to spend hours and hours a week searching & entering "required" information but not be paid for that time or those lines?  Would it be a labor lawyer?

why are you researching them? - I quit doing that.

[ In Reply To ..]
If the dictator does not give (and spell) the first and last name, I just put Dr. FirstName or Dr. LastName and then leave QA note that says, CC name unclear, not spelled.

I dont get paid, so why would I do anything more?

You're still listening, trying to figure it out, typing Dr. LastName, and typing a QA note, - yet theyre not paying you for any of it.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Thats part of the job - geez

[ In Reply To ..]
If you cant handle it, give me your work and find something else. I am sitting here with no work and would gladly type Dr. FirstName just to get a paycheck. Unbelievable how lazy people are.
I spend about half of my time in each report - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
searching CCs which are REQUIRED and we will definitely get in trouble for, searching demos for patients which the dictators can't be bothered to enter the MRN or spell the names so it takes quite a while to find them, filling in assistants, surgeons, referring physicians, anesthesiologists, etc., which they've now put into the ADT specifically so we don't get paid for them. By the time I've done all that, I get a 45 second report to type. So, no I'm most certainly not lazy, and the reason they're able to screw us out of so much of our time is people like you who roll over and thank them for screwing us.
That is what our pay includes, CCs, etc. Just - flmt
[ In Reply To ..]
part of the job that we have done for years.
No, we were always paid for everything we entered before - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
this company started screwing over our entire industry. When you spent 15 minutes on a report, the majority of that time entering things you aren't paid for, then end up making a dollar for those 15 minutes, you are being screwed. There is no excuse for what they are doing. We have labor laws that protect us from employers forcing us to work for free.
If labor laws were protecting us, they wouldnt be - getting away with it...
[ In Reply To ..]
Now what??
Because they haven't been turned in yet. Once they're busted - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I would imagine a class action lawsuit would take place for a lot of back pay.
Or a year membership to AHDI - been there, done that
[ In Reply To ..]
No law suit is gonna fix this anymore.
Even if we didn't get back pay, if they were forced to start paying us here on out, it - would be well worth it. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
wont happen... India and Pakistan will get work - faster than the ink dries!
[ In Reply To ..]
Just being realistic.
Those countries are also starting to stand up for their rights as well. - Only a matter of time before they arent cheaper.
[ In Reply To ..]
x
right, when they lower our pay more to even it out - its dead, stop beating it now
[ In Reply To ..]
its over, curtain closed.
If you have nothing helpful to offer... jeez - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
You must be "new" to the business - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, but before these offshore companies monopolized the industry, we WERE paid for these in addition to getting substantially higher cpl to account for job requirements such as researching a medical term or drug.

If you think it's perfectly okay for the pay to be cut repeatedly per line AT THE SAME TIME as being told to "do the same work, but sorry, we simply decided not to pay you for it anymore" that's crazy.
Amen. Makes you wonder if that's even an MT posting - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
because what MT in their right mind would be defending having our pay cut to do the same work & being forced to do so many things for free. Mindblowing.
Lazy? It is unpaid. I was getting paid to produce - a report. If they want a data entry clerk
[ In Reply To ..]
then they should pay me for it. More and more say, give me your work because I don't have any. What part of "they have no work at all for anyone" don't you get?

I would gladly search it out if they paid for the characters at least. They don't even pay for that. Then you wind up with a tongue lashing from the customer and your QC that you mixed up the names for God's sakes after spending 15 minutes searching through the marble mouth name dictated in the first darned place.

Get over yourself! If they want CC's let the customer do it; they know the doctors referring better than we do. That is obvious since they complain every week to the QC about it.

Good heavens! I'm so glad I quit this stupid job and quit working for FREE!

I won't even go into the fact that I also need to code the stupid reports as well as to what procedure was done and God forbid I pick the wrong one. None of this data entry work is paid; none of it! At 4 cpl for ASR and all the changing you have to do, you've worked for free! They don't care. To them, you're just another stupid typist that needs your hand held and an auditor to tell you when to transcribe the word "the" or "at" in a report. What a joke this company is and the ones defending it? I can't believe it! I just cannot believe you'd defend unpaid work. Amazing! Just amazing!
Amy? Is that you Amy? - Shouldnt you be out buying a new car or something?
[ In Reply To ..]
Quit pretending to be an MT and posting BS on this board. Nobody here believes your crap.

And you haven't heard about it? No nasty letters? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

MM not paying for cc - tl

[ In Reply To ..]
On top of that, threatened to get fired if an error is made!

CC - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
One of the other big MTSOs has a class action lawsuit brought about by some of their MTs for this same exact thing, not being paid for research, CC, etc. The outcome, if in their favor, will be beneficial for all MTs.

Yes. You are correct. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.missouriemploymentlawattorney.com/documents/Complaint.pdf

The same should apply to all of these companies not compensating for keystrokes for CC's, time spent researching/reading "helpful" material the QCs send, and time spent reading e-mails regarding changes on a daily basis of account specs, coding reports, reviewing audits, etc. The list goes on and on. This is not just a production job. There is more to it and none of that is compensated.

no lawyer, contact labor board - soapie12

[ In Reply To ..]
Read through all the related posts. Ditto, don't like not being paid for ALL I do. I wonder if the State labor board has something for us MTs? My husband does construction and had been paid regular time for a government facility job. Those jobs pay more, required by law. He contacted the labor board and they sent him a formal complaint form. HE GOT HIS MONEY!! I wonder if they have something like that for us.....hmm, will be checking that out and will post again what I find out.

Similar Messages:

I Will Be Getting A Lawyer
Aug 12, 2011

First I need to apologize to the MTStars and its posters for having submitted material for which I was temporarily banned.  I should have, and did not, clearly apply their rules to my posts.  I have been re-instated and I want to thank MTStars for allowing my return. I am going to be seeking a lawyer and will be documenting as much information as I can.  Hopefully it will be a two-fold case:  The first addressing off-shore, and the second addressing our less-than-o ...

Just Spoke To A Lawyer
Jan 13, 2010

I spoke to a lawyer who knows some of the circumstances we will all face with the new HIPPA laws.  If you type a report and typed in a fax number or cc to a certain individual and it is wrong and gets sent to (that pizza company in the video), it all depends how the hospital, doctor, HIPPA and anyone else concerned on how they want to proceed with this situation.  If the doctor clearly states a fax number and an MT put the fax number in wrong and there are ways of finding out who did ...

Lawyer Contact
May 14, 2012

Will someone please post how to contact the attorney mentioned in so many of these messages.  I am ready to do that right now...might as well do something productive as I have NO WORK AGAIN TODAY!!! ...

What My Lawyer Said About FIESA
Jul 11, 2014

I was seeing my lawyer for other legal matters and asked him if he  knew anything about labor law.  He said a little.  I told him how we are paid by production, which includes providing our own computers, work environments at home, reading and responding to company email  and you know, every other little thing we have to do like searching for patients, etc., etc., etc., and now we are expected to log into FIESA and sign off on "errors."  He said off the top of his head, ...

Where Is The Class Action Lawyer?
Mar 03, 2010

There ought to be class action lawyers lined around the block to represent us!!! ...

Went To Talk To A Lawyer Today....
Nov 20, 2014

.....been going on with my job as a medical transcriptionist for the last several years to see if I had any legal recourse (I don't).  Anyway, while we were talking I found out that he did not have a secretary/receptionst.  I told him if he was ever looking for one that I would be interested.  Then we got to talking about becoming a paralegal, and he said "you really don't want to do that".  He basically said lawyers can be jerks to work with, and when you are ...

Labor Board Or Lawyer
Dec 03, 2014

in all seriousness, can this be done legally?  what about the state minimum wage... the Labor Board should be notified or a lawyer to make sure this is legal.    ...

Lawyer Bills And IMEDX
Apr 01, 2015

The idea of class action lawsuits is to get their $500 an hour attorneys looking at mounds of info. You only get attention dipping your hand into their pockets, deep at that. They will take attention then. It is a very valid claim. ...

Letter From Lawyer Today -- Re Transcend
May 24, 2013

The letter offers me to join in a lawsuit against Transcend.  Have you received one, and if so, if you plan to join the lawsuit, would you share your reasoning?  Do you think one might be "blacklisted" for joining such a lawsuit?  Also, I do not understand how they can sue Transcend if it is now part of Nuance?  ...

When A Company Doesn't Pay And You Can't Afford A Lawyer...
Apr 03, 2014

You're pretty much out of luck, right? A company didn't pay me, and I can't afford a lawyer to sue them as I'm flat broke. Do I have any options to get my money? ...

I Did Return Lawyer's Call And Leave A Message
May 13, 2012

I have to admit, it was tough calling - it just makes it all the more real - wow, these companies really have screwed us all over for years!  It is a painful realization...I mean, you KNOW you're getting screwed over...but when you make contact with the legal system...it's real in a way it wasn't before. However...I'm glad I called!!!!!!  I'm hoping other people will call as well - maybe if this law firm can't take it on, there will be some other law firm ...

OK, I Checked My Statistics For
Mar 04, 2010

1-1/2 days of work.  Out of 50 reports I sent 4 to QA (none of which were able to be filled in by QA). The reports I sent to QA totaled over 200 lines!  I did the calculations (lines done divided by lines sent to QA x 100) and I came in over 10%. It is a no-brainer...MQ says they trust me to make the decision to send blanks to QA or the customer, so I will no longer be sending many reports (especially the long ones) to QA once this process is put in place.  I was a ...

Frequency Of Being QA Checked
May 25, 2010

How often does your company QA your work? Mine seems like every week.... ...

Checked Ultipro
Dec 28, 2011

Lowest one ever.  ...

Wow. Just Checked The Deenibeeni And Other
Jul 10, 2012

What a kind helpful attitude deenibeeni offered, her taking the time to try and help others, which only opened her up to all the rude obnoxious comments.  No wonder the office environment was not my cup of tea.  Shame upon shame. ...

I Just Checked Out An Advertisement
Jun 01, 2013

It was a full time position as an IC, hourly wage.  Wages advertised were $10 - $11 per hour.  Education qualifications:  MASTERS DEGREE!!!  yeah, like anybody with a Master's Degree is going to type insurance forms for $10 an hour....give me a break!!!  ugh. ...

Just Checked - Red Light Still On
Dec 15, 2014

Anybody care to join me for an egg nog?  Hot toddie?  Hot buttered rum? ...

Her Stool Was Checked For **glyac**? -nm
Feb 16, 2011

nm ...

ABGs Were Checked: Pier To 128?
Feb 19, 2011

what is he saying? ___:128   ...

Just Checked The Nuance Board. Maybe It Is
Jan 01, 2014

the lesser of 2 evils because I don't see any posts about NJA over there. ...

Checked Legality Of Docking Pay During PM
Jun 01, 2015

Because we are hourly employees, the can legally punish us during PM as long as they pay us minimum wage. Drop me to a penny a line, and I'm out of here no matter whether or not I have any new job prospects! I haven't gotten past the first level of PM, but with the capricious way they grade and a mere 2 minor errors will flunk an audit, not matter how hard you try, you are always in imminent danger. Unless... you are amongst the lucky ones with proper ASR output. I think I ...

Oracle? Last Time I Checked They Had Very Little Work
Mar 10, 2010

and I wondered if that ever picked up?  Have heard good things about them but need steady work. thankyou ...

For Entertainment Purposes, I Checked FIESA
Jun 30, 2012

Lots of messages about time stamping my blanks.  Uh, sorry no can do.  If I realize towards the end of the report I have more than allowed blanks, then I have to RELISTEN to the report in order to get the time stamps. If I go ahead and time stamp 1 or 2 blanks and that's it, then I have to go back and erase all the time stamps so they don't show up in the report. So, therefore, I am not time stamping my blanks.  Time stamp this. ...

Has Anyone Else Double Checked Their Line Counts Lately?
Oct 11, 2013

I used to have no problems getting 200+, now have all I can do to get 150 and have been written up for same.  I do not see any change on the policy.  Anyone else? ...

Checked FIESA To Find A Report I Did
Dec 14, 2014

a report with poor sound quality and one of the worst dictators I have ever come across in my 15 years as an MT.  She was ESL (of course though they aren't all bad), and she kept changing her mind, talking to other people around here, dictating at the speed of light....you get it.....So, apparently I misheard her say "hemoglobin 7" instead of 11.  As you all know, that is a critical error.  And I guess it IS---However, in the case where the dictator speaks ...

Checked Team Metrics For Personnel Changes
Feb 05, 2015

Checked listing from end of November and then the last one last week and found there were 1 less numbers listed. I thought more might have quit.  I guess the ones who did weren't under my TSM.  We have it pretty good compared to some. I mostly did this to see if new people were added to our team and causing low work but that doesn't seem to be it. Low work today... OOW and had too much time on my hands I guess. ...

McKenzie Brace (scoliosis)...I Have Checked All Resources...see Below
Jan 28, 2010

I find many references to the McKenzie exercises for backs, but nothing specifically for "McKenzie brace."  Any help would be appreciated.  I have exhausted all resources. ...

Well I Just Checked A Report Against Microsoft Word Document Sm
Sep 06, 2010

and always MQ gave us more even just a little more in line count.  My line count was less than what it was in Microsoft.  So we are not getting paid for something.  Need to get out of this company and fast! ...

Checked Archives. Seeking Updated Input On
Jan 20, 2011

Are most people purchasing Instant Text (or ?)  to use in this platform or is BayScribe's expander user-friendly ?   ...

Just Checked Email. Required To Check For Work Every
Nov 21, 2012

Only punch in when there are jobs available and then punch out.  Check every 30 minutes, rinse and repeat.  Enough is enough.  Has MModal reached a new low (if that's even possible)? ...