A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Work overflow and threatening/is this customary? - puppy

Posted: May 08, 2013

It seems like I have NJA all week, but when Fri/Sat/Sun rolls around, here comes the emails saying urgent help needed, yadda yadda....and threatening they will lose account if not caught up. Anyone else run into this? It seems like the same thing happens at the end of every week.

Reply to your post - oldie MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, take it as a "legitimate threat," especially if you are an IC and it is a small service. You might try adjusting your hours to a later time in the day (if you are on the East Coast and hospital is on the West Coast, that makes a difference). Many of these MTs do not seem to comprehend, that the medical field is 24/7/365. They take weekends off to be with their families, "not treating this a a job or career, but as a hobby; i.e., I only have to make so much to help out with bills." It is MTs like this that we oldsters refer to as "hobby MTs;" they work when they feel like it and weekends especially. Turnaround time needs to be met, and they cannot seem to get that through their heads; hence, leaving a huge backlog on the weekends.

The ones who need to do some "adjusting" are - the idiot workflow coordinators, among others.

[ In Reply To ..]
8)

Well excuse me that I have a life. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been a MT for 30+ years. I am disgusted how we are treated and paid now. I am hardly OOW on my 2 accounts, so I make my $100/day which works for me. And no, I do not work on my days off which are Fridays and Saturdays. I will be moving to a M-F day shift soon and I still will not work on my days off. I have a family and a life. Years ago, I worked above and beyond the call of duty for 14 years for a company who let me go one day because they have been operating in the red for years. They were cutting the long-time MTs out (higher pay, more PLO time, etc.)

So again, I work my shift and that's it. These companies need to quit sending so much work off shore during the week. Obviously the Indians do not work weekends either.

Similar Messages:

VR Pay....is It Customary To Drop The Cpl AND....sm
Apr 18, 2011

decrease the weight of a line when paying VR.  For example, if you edit 2000 lines in a day, is it customary for the company to ask you to multiply that by 0.70 for a total of 1400 lines because they are VR and not straight transcription as well as pay you half your transcription line rate?  Does everyone do this?  I am finding VR to be much more intense and demanding than straight transcription and this seems like a double whammy to me! ...

Webmedx And Overflow (sm)
Nov 21, 2010

Is it true that the bulk of their work is overflow accounts? Is there enough work? What happens if the in-house people complete the work faster, leaving nothing for overflow or WMX MTs to do? ...

What Is Your Job Like When You Get Overflow? What About Errors?
Mar 08, 2011

I am a relatively new MT with a pretty good track record at my current job. I have been working there for about 6 months. Well, we just got a new acct, and my company was understaffed. I have been working myself to death. I should be able to do more, but I am a new MT, and I do not type very fast (about 55-60 wpm, slower when I am tired). They have a certain amt of mins of dication you are supposed to complete each day, and they have been giving me more than that. I have been completing what I c ...

TTS Is An Overflow Company?
May 26, 2012

Can someone tell me if TTS is an overflow company?  I had heard they get their work from Nuance and use their Dictaphone platform. Could they possibly be owned or will be owned in the near future by Nuance?   ...

Threatening Email
Jan 23, 2013

Here we go with the threatening emails again.  This is from the top dog though.  He wants anyone putting in OOW tickets to be switched to weekend hours so we have turnaruond time compliance.  Does he not know that there is no work on weekends either.  They need to make up their minds.  We still have to have day shift and weekday MTs working.  We are suppose to be looking at our schedule and try to come up with some weekend hours to go with our weekday hours.  ...

Overflow Clinic MT
Sep 19, 2013

No idea who that ad on the Job Seekers board is from (Tracy in Lousiana, but no company name). Am I the only one who wondered if the "overflow" 1 to 2 days a week is some atrocious dictator that the person running the ad doesn't want to have to endure? I never thought of farming out the bad dictators when I had my own accounts.  I just did the worst ones first and got them out of the way.   Anyway, not saying that's what the poster is doing but thought it *would* be an int ...

Posting Of Overflow Work?
Jan 28, 2010

I just wanted to make sure that posting overflow work would go in the Job Seeker's Board.  If not, please let me know so that I can delet it and repost in the correct place if necessary. Thanks! ...

Threatening Comments By MQ Recruiter
Nov 08, 2011

I think it's terrible that an MQ recruiter is on this board alluding to threatening MQ employees and former MQ employees about voicing their opinions about this company and that somehow they can figure out who we are.  Does she/he honesly believe she/he is the only recruiter at MQ ?  Just goes to show you what types of people work for that company.  I think she/he should be reported to MQ for what she/he is doing.  If they are the only recruiter someo ...

Softscript - You Get Threatening E-mails
Oct 25, 2012

Don't you just love how you get threatening e-mails wanting you to work more as clients are unhappy because their work is not getting back in a timely fashion.  Where was this concern when we were running out of work on a daily basis and were expected to just sit and wait for work.  There was no loyalty to their employees and so many quit, as they were tired of waiting and NO MONEY, and now they do not have enough employees for the work they have now.  But, what happens when this work go ...

Production Manager At SoftScript Very Unprofessional And Threatening Emails
Jan 19, 2015

Is there anyone out there working for SoftScript.  My PM of 4 years just disappeared out of the blue and her replacement is horrible.  Sends multiple emails daily that are rude and borderline threatening, demanding responses... ...

Ethics Question About A Life-threatening Issue Posed By Teacher
May 26, 2011

Hello everyone! I'm an MT student who doing a bit of research for one of my classes, and I wanted to ask some real MT's about this one. My teacher posed to us this question: "What if you were privy to information in the same setting of transcribing 2 different clinics who apparently have a shared client, and you found out something about the patient that you perceived as seriously potentially life threatening?  What if there was a medication prescribed in one contex ...