A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

companies who use single space after a period - ICMT

Posted: Apr 07, 2012

Does anyone know of companies who use a single space after a period? I need a second IC position and am worried I will be making mistakes if I type double space for one and single space for another. Not a huge deal maybe though? Ideas? Thx!

If you're using Word... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
no worries! Just got into tools, options, spelling & grammar, and set the grammar settings on require periods between sentences to 1 period instead of 2. I have one company I do parole hearings for who wants the normal 2 periods and then a railroad investigations company who only wants 1 period. If you're not using Word, I'm sorry, but I have no answer there :(

Or you could do a macro to do one or the other - again if using Word

[ In Reply To ..]
My "thumb" default is two spaces after a period. I cannot retrain my thumb to one space no matter how hard I try.

If I was on an account that HAD to have only one space, I'd create a macro to run after I was done with a document that would search for every instance of a period and two spaces and replace it with a period with one space.

My thumbs are lazy anyway, so were perfectly happy to - change over to single space. Not a problem. :) NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

question - ICMT

[ In Reply To ..]
So I tried changing under grammar to require 2 spaces after a period but this just gave me the green squiggly line under each period, and I had to manually change each sentence. Is there an easier way to have it change automatically, like if I did a macro like the 2nd poster suggested? But then what would happen with b.i.d. , t.i.d., etc.? I have Word 2003 and am not very familiar with recording macros. I will look into it more, but my biggest concern is keeping it to sentences somehow.

also - ICMT

[ In Reply To ..]
The reason I am not familiar with recording macros is that I use SH and do not type in Word for my current position. I think my 2nd position will be typing in Word though.

Similar Messages:

Help, Double Space But I Want Single Space
Jul 08, 2014

I am transcribing in MS Office Word and using Medrite XL.  I hit enter and it automatically double spaces.  Don't know why that started but I need single space.  What do I do? ...

Microsoft Word 2007 - How To Get It To Single Space
Mar 04, 2010

I have a test to do in Word-2007 and it's double spacing and I can't figure out how to get it to single space.  Thanks everyone. ...

One Space After Period Now
Mar 01, 2013

I love how they advertise that they pay for spaces, yet now (after the eBTXT conversion) the drafts are coming in with 1 space after periods.  It looks all run together, of course, not to mention making it more difficult to read as you're editing. ...

I Would Like To Comment On The Use One Space After A Period At The End Of A Sentence.
Sep 09, 2010

Over and over on these boards I read angry and disgruntled posts from MTs about how they feel it is only due to greed on the part of their MTSO, or due to some conspiracy carefully crafted by AHDI, that requires one space after a period at the end of a sentence.  One period after the end of a sentence is not strictly an MT standard.   Everywhere in media, print journalism, and academia one space between sentences has become the norm. This, ...

Pea Brain Resident, Telling Me Comma, Space, Space,
Feb 15, 2011

Really, shouldn't he be more concerned about the content of the report rather than telling me where to put periods and commas and spaces.  You know I just never would have figured that one out without him! ...

Is There A Space Between The Q. And The A.m. In Q.a.m.
Dec 16, 2009

nm.  I am new to MQ but all my 30 years, I have never seen q. a.m.  Is this in the BOS? ...

A (space) LOT
Jun 19, 2014

Maybe I am hoping and praying to get banned, but ALOT is NOT a word. Why oh why do I see it repeatedly on these boards? I understand that internet "speech" is relaxed but I just can't stand it. Moderators - feel free to ban me and put me out of my misery - please and thank you:) ...

Single Mommies
Oct 19, 2011

I just want to send a message to all you hard-working, single mommies out there. I was in your shoes and had to make a living doing transcription to support my young family. I want you all to know I admire you, and I know how hard it is to do what you do, especially with the changing times in our career. When I read your posts, it breaks my mommy heart all you single moms giving so much of themselves to support their families. Let's not forget these mommies still ne ...

If Someone Says That BMP Is Always A Single Number Value
May 15, 2012

BNP, what would you do?  I was always taught that BMP is usually a set of numbers and BNP is usually just 1 number.  Am I wrong? ...

Every Single Doctor
Sep 17, 2012

has been eating and chomping and slurping and slobbering and mucking up every single report.  Hour into my shift and I have a throbbing headache.  Not to mention the middle eastern $%@# who is listening to the top ten favorite hits from his satellite arab radio station, cymbals and banging and whirling and clacking.  ...

Space And Time?
Jan 13, 2010

She has now has lesions in space and time and therefore does has multiple sclerosis. ...

Navasi Space
Jun 05, 2010

Shoulder surgery:  In order to shuttle the sutures for this procedure we did place a spinal needle through _____ space superiorly.    Sounds like Navasi ...

Middle AIR Space Or Middle EAR Space?
Jan 31, 2011

Doc is doing the admit note on a child to put in PE tubes.  Is it "effusion in middle ear space or middle air space"????  Thanks! ...

Desk Space
Feb 10, 2011

Those of you that have two (or more) computers, personal and a company provided one and limited space, what kind of desk set-up do you have?  ...

One Space After Punctuation
Jan 24, 2013

Why would a transcription company you are working for ask you to only put one space after puncutation, like a period?  To cut down on your lines?  ...

S/l Cardia Space
Aug 13, 2013

He says it twice.  It sounds like cardia.  I've heard it before a long time ago, but cannot find it. He says: X-rays of the ankle are reviewed.  Os trigonum noted, but his ___ spacing and alignment are well maintained.  His knee films show excellent bone quality, good _____ space maintenance.  TIA ...

Do You All Now Put Only One Space After The End Of A Sentence?
Apr 02, 2014

I have always our 2, put noticed that AHDI now says 1.  ...

If Every Single MT Stopped Transcribing For One Day?
Feb 04, 2010

What would happen if every single MT stopped transcribing for one day?  How much money would they lose? ...

Not A Single Thread On TTS Today?
May 16, 2010

Maybe Monday the TTS MTs and managers will come to play?   Seriously, how many MTs are employed by TTS?  I never heard of it till lately.   ...

Anybody Know Why A Single Non Critical Feedback...
May 26, 2010

on a single report, would give me, to the right, a score of 96%??????????? The mistake?  C-difficile instead of C. difficile.   Mind you, they're all over the place auditing only the most awful reports i'm doing.. ...

Does Anyone Know How Much Single Cobra Is For WMX For Medical,
Jul 20, 2011

nm ...

We Have To Work Every Single Day Of The Week Now?!
Aug 28, 2012

I always thought this mandatory OT was only for the days I'm scheduled to work but turns out I have to work 1 hour on my days off too!  Thinking of lots words I can't type here.  :| ...

AP And Lateral - Single Entity?
Aug 30, 2012

For a while now, whenever the doctor said, "AP and lateral is taken today," I would change it to "AP and lateral are taken today," but then a thought came to me that what if "AP and lateral" is a single entity, much like "macaroni and cheese," which is usually referred as a single thing. Is that the case with AP and lateral films? ...

Single View Of The Pelvis
Feb 18, 2013

The gamma nail tip is at the region of the fovius adralas??? ...

Insurance For Single Person ?
Jul 28, 2013

I know it is not great, but I am coming to point where I have no choice.  Can anyone tell me what the rates are for a single person and whether it covers prescriptions/office visits, what deductible is?   Thank you in advance. ...

So Apparently ONE SINGLE TIME Of ...
Oct 18, 2013

Coming in above 15% in our proficiency statistics will earn us Mentoring.  My kids were out of school for fall break so I had a lot of distractions that week but I'm seeing that it only takes ONE week before they consider you "mentoring material". Last week, I was at 4%.    ...

A Question About Doing Transcription For A Single MD. Sm
Dec 02, 2013

I was recently contacted by a doc to do office notes.  What and how would you charge?  I don't have a clue.  Thanks ...

Single Metastatic Blank
Feb 11, 2014

I'm transcribing for a patient who previously had rectal cancer and has recently had a routine followup PET scan.  I'm new to cancer patients, so I'm still learning the terminology.  Physician has a lot of background noise and is difficult to understand.  I have a blank in the following sentence.  I would appreciate any feedback you could provide.  Thanks so much! "There was a single paraesophageal lymph node in the middle mediastinum on the left side t ...

GEM Award?? Really? I Cant Think Of A Single PC TSA Or HDSM
May 18, 2015

puh-lease!!!  ...

Scotomata Plural Or Single Or Can It Be Used For Both
Jun 01, 2015

scotomata is this singular or plural or can it be used for both. Having problems with this one. Thank you. ...