A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Which would you pick? Chase or Keystrokes? - WAHMof3

Posted: May 29, 2012

I've done lots of research on both companies, none really "WOW" me at all....but having to make a choice (and SOON), as I cannot afford to be without a job, can anyone shed some recent light on working for either? I don't need the benefits as much as the pay...Thank you kindly in advance.

I have worked for both and definitely am happier at KS than I was at Chase. sm - KSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
They have been IT support and since they are much bigger, they have more accounts. My work load is much steadier. They both use Chartnet, but Keystrokes owns Chartnet, so I think that is a plus as well. My experience at Chase was OK, not great but not bad. My experience at Keystrokes has been wonderful. I am sure that there will be naysayers jumping on to attack my post, but my experience is that I am paid fairly, on time and have enough work to do 1500 lines a day without problem. I've been with KS for 2 years this July.

Chase - BeeBop

[ In Reply To ..]
Chase does a TON of offshoring and is partnering with MM (formerly Medquist), right now, so that means they will be selling to them at some point. I worked with another company that sold to MM, and the same signs leading up to the sellout are present at Chase. It's like there's a template that MM uses and it puts a company on that template more and more as the sellout approaches; after you've seen it one time, you know it when you see it again.

Thank you all for the help! Decided against Chase. nm - WAHMof3

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

KEYSTROKES - Marilyn

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for Keystrokes for about 3 months now and loved it when I first started as there was no shortage of work, but the account I work on was backlogged when I was hired full-time and apparently they continued to hire until they have now severely overhired. For the past month I continually run out of work everyday. I have asked my supervisor why they don't get rid of some of the extras they hired for this account now that it is caught up, but I never get an answer. Also asked for a back-up account and haven't gotten that either! So I'm not a happy camper and am making no money to speak of, but rather sitting and waiting hour after hour to try and grab jobs out of the pool before someone else gets them. Bad management in my opinon although I suspect the reason they won't let any of the extra people they hired after me go is because we are all employees of the company and they would most likely have to pay them unemployment if they fired them.

I love the account I work on and I'm sure as others have said here on this board, some who work at Keystrokes have great accounts with plenty of work all the time and are very happy, but that is not the case with me. I would never think about leaving KS if I had enough work to make a decent living like I did when I first started because they basically leave you alone to do your job and that's a plus! But I can't live on nothing and it will make me sad if I have to leave KS and find another job because my account is one of the best I have ever worked on with great dictators and tons of work, just too many people to do the work right now!

Try going above your lead's head to either KB or LT. sm - KS MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I had to do that in the past and I am glad that I did. I have been on a great account since then, and it's been almost 2 years. Don't let a lead stop you from making a living.

LoveKS - LoveKS

[ In Reply To ..]
I would pick KEYSTROKES!!

Similar Messages:

Is Chase The Same As Cymed?
Dec 27, 2009

Does anybody know if Chase Transcriptions is the same as Cymed? I notice they were/are located in the same town. I worked for Cymed a long time ago. If anyone has any info at all about Chase, actually, it would be helpful. Thanks. ...

Chase Transcription, Inc.
Jun 08, 2010

I have searched the Archives and all information on this company is old.  Does anyone have any input on the company, any information at all - good or bad?  TIA. ...

Chase Transcriptions
Nov 23, 2011

Stay AWAY froim Chase Transcriptionis!!I jumped through hoops to get hired at this company.  Took an oral test over the phone and aced it.  Then took test on-line and aced it.  Then, they never got back to me on anything.  I called the company and they said that they only contact the person they hired.  How rude and unprofessional not to at least drop a canned email letting someone know that another was hired.  I would never work for this company, for no amount of m ...

Chase Transcriptions, Inc
Sep 08, 2013

JP Morgan Chase
Jan 07, 2014

Hmm... They have to pay 2.8 billion to victims of Madoff. MModal owes them money that they do not have, wonder what is going to happen next. The winds are changing and we are not going to go unscathed, us MTs. All these threats about quality, line counts, working schedules.  ...

ANYONE WORK FOR CHASE TRANSCRIPTIONS?
Mar 22, 2010

I am desperately hoping someone can help me here.  I have posted 3 times without a single response.  I have been offered a job at Chase Transcriptions in Ohio and have to give them my decision.  I really would like to know how the company is to work for currently.  I found only old postings.  Thanks so much. ...

Anybody Know Anything About Chase Transcription Or Probity?
Oct 16, 2010

Mainly interested in knowing if either of these two companies is good to work for and whether they offer decent insurance benefits.  Do they offer decent pay and have lots of work? I couldn't find much in the archives about either company, so if anyone one knows anything, could you share what you know? ...

Chase Transcription - Anyone Work?
Dec 02, 2011

Does anybody out there work for Chase Transcriptions?  I understand they use ChartNet (hooray!) and do only straight typing, no VR.  All good things.  However, they only pay a little over 7 cents a line, not so good.   I am having a very hard time, not production wise but platform-wise and personnel wise at Transcend, and am looking to make a move but frankly, I can't afford to take any less than I'm getting now.  Although... working in a less hostile environment might be worth i ...

Any Info On Chase Transcription?
Dec 20, 2011

Any info on Chase Transcription? ...

Anyone Work For Chase, Pay, Etc. Archives Not Sm
Aug 09, 2012

workng and would just like some info. Thx ...

Info On Chase Transcription?
Sep 06, 2012

xxx ...

Accu-Script And Chase
Jan 31, 2013

Has anyone who applied for jobs at the above companies heard back from them yet?  Thank you. ...

Update Me On Chase Transcription?
Feb 26, 2013

Can anyone update me on Chase Transcription?  Do they hire IC's, etc?  Thanks! ...

Chase Transcription In Hudson, Ohio
Jan 20, 2011

Does anyone know if Chase Transcription in Hudson, Ohio is a good company to work for ? ...

MModal Bought By JP Morgan Chase
Jul 03, 2012

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-07-02/mmodal-agrees-to-be-bought-by-jpmorgan-arm-for-1-dot-1-billion   and here we go again... ...

ProScript, MModal, Chase Trans
Jul 24, 2012

Any current info on the above three MTSO?  I have friends who've worked for ProScript and switched to MModal, but having a hard time finding reviews of Chase Transcription in Ohio.  Thanks in advance. ...

Please Do Not Apply To Chase Transcription In Ohio
Sep 19, 2012

Here is a list of companies who will test you and call you, interview you and offer you a job, and then nothing, leave you hanging and never call you. Transcription Doctors and Breitner will even have you fax your paperwork and then leave you hanging. CHASE TRANSCRIPTION IN OHIO TRANSCRIPTION DOCTORS SUPERIOR GLOBAL SYSTEMS IN TEXAS BREITNER TRANSCRIPTION Please do not apply to the above companies. They are no good. They are liars and users. Shame on them. I hope they get w ...

Chase Transcription - Current Information
Mar 03, 2013

Looking for current information on Chase Transcription out of Ohio re: pay, working conditions, etc., as they share some of the "recently bought out TCI" accounts. Thanks! ...

As If They Are Really Going To Pick
Apr 17, 2013

question ...

Current Experience Working At Chase In Chartnet?
Jul 07, 2011

Years ago I worked for a company that used Chartnet and loved it.  I am wondering if anyone reading this has any current experience with Chase using Chartnet?  I'm wondering if it is still a good platform and how the company is to work for.  Any input will be appreciated. ...

Need To Pick A Brain Please
Sep 28, 2011

I  do not usually do ORs and am baffled.  I am covering for another MT.   I am not sure how to type this "running loop O PDS suture". As usual, thanks for all you gracious help! ...

Pick Pick Ding Ding
Mar 19, 2014

Two questions. Does anyone else have the little screen that pops up and says Editscript has been inactive for 1 hour, will automatically shut down in 5 minutes and then counts down? IT COMES ON WHILE I AM WORKING! I have NEVER let my work sit for an hour, NEVER! Secondly,I had an appointment last week so missed an hour and missed a few minutes here and there enough to be over 2 hours short on my normal working hours. First I received an email (ON MY DAY OFF SO I DID NOT SEE IT) that I must m ...

Looks Like QA Really Can Pick And Choose!
Jan 04, 2015

After browsing around in FIESA, I found what looks to be an instruction manual for the people who audit us and after looking at it, it sure does look like they can pick and choose which reports to audit, rather than randomly. I have also had the worst dictators audited more than the good ones. Of course it's easier to find a mistake that way and easier to keep our pay down! Remember 7 cpl is really equal to only 3.5 cpl if most of your jobs are VR. ...

Sl Pick-quick-eon Syndrome
Oct 15, 2009

This in a list of diagnoses.  By context, it is a respiratory condition.  Thanks.  ...

I Cherry Pick And I Don't Feel Bad!
Feb 15, 2010

Here's the deal, I'm not saying I cherry pick every minute of my shift, but if I have done one after the other report of difficult dictators, then I will go in and assign myself 2 or 3 jobs to give myself a break.  I work directly for a hospital and I know that I am absolutely not the only one who does this.  I also cherry pick if the end of my shift is coming up and I find that my lines need a little boost.  I will assign myself some easy dictators to boost up my lines ...

May I Pick Ortho Brains Please?
Aug 19, 2010

Patient fractured ankle, sound like "masonew" fracture.  Cannot find anything remotely simimlar.   Please help! Thanks! ...

Why Not Just Enter Everyone And Pick Some Names Already
Sep 14, 2010

Why on earth have a deadline but then extend it until everyone downloads?  Its already been 8 days past original deadline... how much time is needed? ...

Criminy! I Wish They'd Pick One And Stick With It!
Jan 19, 2011

Since I can't get the same answer out of my QA, my CCM and others, I guess I'll poll the audience.  We DO NOT put the zeros on medications, like 4.0 mg should be typed 4 mg, right?  Do we put the zeros on...welll...pretty much anything else, like creatinine 2.0, temperature 98.0?  And no, I'm not new.  I've been told many different things over the past 10 years that now I'm just messed up, confused and too tired to think straight.  ...

How To Pick An Online Coding Course
May 08, 2011

After 28 years of medical billing I am ready for a change.  I've been researching online coding courses but there are so many!  I would be interested in any feedback you have on which courses you took and the pros and cons of each.  Thank you for your input. ...

Transtech Or Acusis, Who Would Be Your Pick And Why Or Why Not?
May 27, 2011

nm ...