A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ready to make a move to a company with medical benefits. SM - Lala

Posted: Sep 04, 2012

I have been a medical transcriptionist for 25 years now.  I started young right out of high school and during college, and have been in this profession ever since.  I have always had my own physician clients or worked for small or local transcription services.  I need to make a move soon to a company who offers decent pay and healthcare benefits, as my husband can retire in a few years and I need my own insurance.   I'm younger than my husband, so at age 47 I still have quite a few years to work.  I only ask for recommendations because I am "out of the loop" with respect to networking on good companies/bad companies.  I know there are good and bad points to every company,  but  I appreciate any information that can be offered!  

I am also a long time MT and wanted employee status for the 401K. - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
I went with M*Modal and I have to say I love it so far. I'm not making millions, but I'm averaging about 13.00 an hour doing VR. You might try them benefit wise especially for health.

Give them a whirl, you might enjoy it! I am loving the VR, saves my wrists.

I have absolutely no VR experience...SM - Lala

[ In Reply To ..]
I have always done straight transcription, but of course provided all QA when I operated my own small transcription services and had several subcontractors working for me. I need to give VR a try. Thanks for your input.

You Don't Need VR Experience - Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have the transcription experience (in particular acute care), you don't need VR training except for training on the particular software you will be using. It's just fixing an already-populated text document. Not to be taken lightly, but if you can edit your own work, you can edit the VR. Note that it is more of a mess than your own would be, but it doesn't take special training, except for knowing how to use the company's software.

P.S. - Old MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Note that we were all "just" transcriptionist before VR, and nobody had to go to special school to use it. It was a 1-hour training course on keystrokes to help expedite the report faster is all.
VR is not saving but killing. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes we were all transcriptionists, but people thinking we can do more work for less money is just not so. This is exactly what sold VR and the Dragon. What other career works for 3-4 cents? Oh, you can just breeze through! Not for me at least. Then they raise the bar even more, 1500 lines a day and every day, and all foreign dictators.

Time off - Linda

[ In Reply To ..]
How much PTO does MModal give?

Is this the same LaLa that used baby snot sucker to baste her - turkey? How ya doing? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

AAAGH! - LOL

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll be thinking of this on Thanksgiving.

If anybody named LaLa invites your for Thanksgiving, - politely decline. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Makes me want to have ham on Thanksgiving. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
;O

Not sure who you are referring to, but you have the wrong person. My grandkids call me this. - LaLa

[ In Reply To ..]
x

msg cut off. This is what my grandkidscall me. - LaLa

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

When You Make The Move From MT To Coding
Apr 11, 2015

I used to grumble, gripe, and worry about medical transcription. After I moved on to coding physically and psychologically, it's like a big heavy weight was lifted from my shoulders. It's no longer a problem.  I love coding!  In fact, I wish I had started coding at the very beginning of my work life, but it's never too late to get started, as I finally learned. Sometimes you just have to take action to get the results you want. ...

Will They Make Us PT And Lose Benefits Due To NSA?
May 30, 2012

I'm wondering how many paychecks short of 40 hours due to NSA before the company decides to tell us we are no longer qualified for benefits as FT employees. Anybody know? thanks ...

Medical Benefits
May 21, 2012

Any chance they mightl offer medical benefits to those who are now full-time limited (120 lph)? ...

Company Benefits Question
Jul 14, 2011

Can anyone tell me about how much per month the benefiits at DiskRiter cost each pay period or per month?  I understand the plan is supposed to be pretty decent, but can anyone enlighten me as to what your portion is?  My policy would be to cover my husband and myself, medical, dental and vision. TIA! ...

Good Company With Benefits For New MT
Jul 21, 2013

I am currently working at a hospital as a Lab Assistant in Pathology. My job has many different responsibilities, but majority is transcription – which I love! I am trying to decide if I want to try becoming an at home medical transcriptionist. This is a huge decision/risk for me as I have been in my current position since 1999. I used to love my job, but as the years have passed, I have found myself disgusted to go to work. This is due to changes in personnel and too many people not ...

Know Of A Company With Part-timers Allowed Health Benefits?
Oct 26, 2012

x ...

Medical Benefits - What The Deductible Is For A Single Individual, Full-time
May 02, 2010

Hi, Someone was kind eough to answer a question regarding health benefits for me, but I forgot to ask what the deductible is for a single individual, full-time.  I would appreciate this if anyone knows!   ...

Medical Transcriptionschools Are Just Trying To Make Money
Oct 07, 2010

I believe these MT schools are just trying to make money. ...

DOES ANYBODY ACTUALLY MAKE ANY MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY
Aug 22, 2012

Is anyone even able to make minimum wage here? This is ridiculous!!!!!!! ...

JLG Medical- Seeking Opinions On This Company
Dec 17, 2009

I am trying to find a nice company to apply with who is not doing layoffs.  Are there any companies out there who have remained stable during these poor economic times? ...

Remote Medical Jobs Company
May 07, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a company called Remote Medical Jobs? I've seen several medical transcriptionist job postings by this company over the past several months.  ...

Non-payment By DW Medical Transcription Company
Apr 28, 2011

Did some weekends ER reports to DW Medical Transcription, Atlanta, GA from June 20 to Dec 15. They still owe $1,400 for Oct to Dec work. Their accountant lied  "Your check has been mailed. Please do not send any Emails telling me when and what I need to mail to you" and the owner/manager, Felicia made false promise “A check will go out to you next Friday on the 15th of this month”. NOT RECEIVED THE PAYMENT SO FAR AND NO RESPONSE FOR MY EMAILS. Their attorney said ...

Any Info On SR 11 Medical Transcription Company?
May 06, 2011

nm ...

Cypress Medical - Anyone Heard Of This Company?
Jul 12, 2012

Has anyone heard of this company?  They are hiriing "summarizers".  Would like to know if anyone has taken the test and/or been hired by this company and what you think.  Thanks ...

MT Company Fired By Boston Medical
Apr 30, 2014

Security breach by MDF Transcription for having no encryption and exposing all patient records to the internet.  Story at Masslive.com.  Apparently happened back in early March.  Anyone ever heard of this company?  ...

Cypress Medical - If This Company Is Really Legit
Jun 24, 2014

Does anyone know if this company is really legit. There is nothing that comes up on Google as far as a company website, or any information really. They give no contact name really. It seems odd. If anyone knows of a website or other company information, would be great. Thanks very much. Lots of scams out there these days. ...

Anybody Have Experience With National Medical Transcription Company?
Oct 07, 2010

I received a job interview for an IC position with a company called National Medical Transcription with headquarters in New York.  Has anybody worked with this company? My main concern was that the company does not offer direct deposit but rather issues a check via mail.  Next concern is a "transparent" means of tallying up productivity for 65 character lines and spaces included. I would appreciate any feedback from present or past contractors. Thank you. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of A Company Called Probity Medical Transcription?
Oct 15, 2009

If so, how are they to work for?  Is the pay competitive?  Do they pay for spaces?  Any info is greatly appreciated. ...

Trans Corp Medical Coding Inc-Is This A Legitimate Company?
Aug 11, 2010

I cannot find anything on this company when I Google.  Anyone have any info? ...

Medical Data Services? Company Or A Small Owner?
Dec 03, 2010

7 cents a line for independent contracting and for radiology?  What is going on with this business?  The hospitals at least treated us with hourly wages and health benefits.  Now what gives?  For years we fought in-house over knowing that you cannot treat radiology the same and line count it the same either, yet you work just as hard.  Now, 7 cents without taking out taxes?  Every hospital I know has no transcription radiology department any more anyway, so may ...

TransTech Medical Solutions - Is It A Good Company To Work For?
Dec 13, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on TransTech Medical Solutions?  Is it a good company to work for?  Decent pay and management?  Good amount of work?  Decent dictators?  Any information would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks. ...

What Licenses Do I Need To Start A Medical Transcriptionist Company From Home?
Jan 06, 2012

I am interested in starting a small transcription company in my hometown. I will be advertising to the doctors in my town. I was told to check with my local City Hall. I have been transcribing for 12 years for a local hospital, but I am interested in venturing out on my own. Thanks in advance for the advice. Mel ...

New Grad Medical Transcription - Company That Will Hire With No Experience
Jan 30, 2014

Just graduated from MT school and I am having a lot of trouble finding a company that will hire with no experience... any advice?? thanks!   Jenn ...

Cannot Move On From MT'ing!!
Sep 17, 2010

After finally completing my Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts/Sociology last May, I really thought I'd be able to find a new job, outside of this house, making more money!!  I've applied to just about everything I'm remotely qualified for.  I've posted this before, but has anyone moved on successfully to something else or have any suggestions?!  It's so frustrating after spending so much money to finish school that I can't find something else. By ...

S/.l Can Or Ken's Move
Nov 18, 2011

this is really muffled but this is the best I could make out that it sounds like Ken or can smooth test. Lumbar testing: positive straight leg raise, positive hyperextension test, positive joint compression, and a positive "Ken's move."   SI joint dysfunction ...

How To Move From MLS To QA
Jul 10, 2013

How does an MLS move to a QA position within the company? I have zero QA experience.  Please keep in mind my TSM is absolutely worthless and apparently doesn't know how to respond to emails, no matter how many I send, so I'd like to know who else I can contact.  If I can't move to QA, I'm going to have to find another employer because I can't work with this woman anymore.   I've been trying to see past the strict rules and this FIESA nonsense (no ...

Possible Move
Oct 30, 2014

Hi :-), I am wondering if there are any Northwest Wisconsin MTs on this website.  In the next two years or so we will be making a move to that area (Siren, Webster, Grantsburg, Frederic, Danbury), and I am wondering if any of the local hospitals have in-house transcription positions.  I know I have plenty of time, but I am just curious.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you :-) ...

Is It Time To Move On
Sep 17, 2010

I have been a stay at home MT for 4 years mostly working in heme/onc and rad onc.  We have a new manager.  I kept running out of work which I found hard to believe.  She kept putting me on more and more accounts (two of which she knew I hated and did not want to be on).  I now have 6.  I can no longer make the minimum line count for FT.  I have to work 14-16 to get to the min FT line count.   I asked for a change.  No one returns my calls or e-mails.& ...

If You Hate It So Much, Move On!
Mar 19, 2012

So many lousy attitudes, so little time.  If you really think this company is just BS, go somewhere else.  We've all been through the pay cuts and ebb and flow of work, but some of us still hold fast to the belief that things can get better.  Instead of mocking and insulting the attempt by new management to change and improve things, join the rally for brighter days ahead.  Maybe the glass is half full afterall.  Bad attitudes are a disease.  If you don't ...

Move To India
Oct 14, 2012

CNBC India report on MT industry. ...