A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

PRN Medical Transcription, good/bad?? - icmt

Posted: Nov 13, 2009

thanks

PRN medical transcription - catherine

[ In Reply To ..]
very rude and very low pay. Good luck

P.R.N. problems - Was there a short short short time thank Goodness

[ In Reply To ..]
The pay is 9 cpl which sounds good but it is equal to about 6 cpl when working with a decent platform. You simply cannot make lines because they do not have spell check..oh wait they do but it stops at random words like "milk" and it doesn't given suggestions for proper spellings. It stops at perfectly spelled words. You will go insane.

Then there is the issue of cut and paste. They will tell you that you can cut and paste but you might be able to paste ONE TIME within the document, not out of the document or if you put something under the wrong header, of which there are twenty-five million headers on each template.......you see it is in the wrong place, you go to cut and paste it in the proper place and it is gone, just gone. You tell them and they say "that happens sometimes" and you have to retype it. Do they pay you for your trouble. No.

They obviously do not type at all because they don't understand how hard it is to navigate the document when you can't scroll. Oh that's right! You cannot scroll. You can only tab around.

PRN Medical Transcription - icmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Anybody still work for PRN? If not, for those of you that used to work there, how long ago was it? Could things has improved? Thanks again for all your info!

PRN - Just me

[ In Reply To ..]
I know someone who is a superb MT who is leaving PRN because of the shoddy platform and because of the inability to make a decent line count. I had a chance to go to PRN and would not go because of her bad experience and she is by no means the only person who has had this happen.

tried to email you privately but was returned..nm - spanky

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Terrible platform. Worst I have ever used. nm - UGH

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

prn transcription - mmchellmm

[ In Reply To ..]
I had worked for them also! The ABSOLUTE WORST platform I have used in the last 15 years!

worst platform - jilliebean68

[ In Reply To ..]
what platform do they use?

Similar Messages:

Medical Transcription - Good School ?
Sep 12, 2010

Hi. i    want to know if anyone    know  of a good school for medical  transcription   i've been looking online but  don't knoe what  school to choose. I want a school that have internships.  Thanks! ...

Miss The Good Old Days Of Medical Transcription
Mar 27, 2014

I miss the lively atmosphere of a transcription room filled with other transcriptionists, with doctors strolling in and out, joking, grabbing from the tray of homemade goodies someone had brought in to share.  I miss the laughing and sharing of stories or the mutual griping about the doctors' dictations.  I miss the holiday pot luck dinners and decorations and bonuses.  I miss the formal dictating style that doctors used to go by.  I miss having a job that was in demand ...

Is At Home Professions A Good School For Medical Transcription?
Jan 25, 2011

Is At Home Professions a good school for medical transcription?  I read that it is not AHDI certified.  What does that mean? ...

Does Rasmussen College Have A Good Reputation In The Medical Transcription Job World???
Mar 07, 2010

Hi everyone, I just graduated from Rasmussen online college with a 2 year degree in medical transcription back in September. I was able to land a brief 2 month job in November but the lady that hired me wasn't a patient trainer and let me go because I wasn't perfect right away and she was very busy as well, backed up in fact. My question is, does Rasmussen College have a good reputation in the medical transcription world? ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Medical Transcribers II, Inc. Good/Bad
Jul 01, 2011

I got an email from them asking if I was still interest in part-time work. Funny thing is, I don't remember applying to them. But then again, I applied to so many places, I just can't recall them specifically. ...

Good Medical Coding School
Jun 13, 2013

Hi, does anyone out there know of good medical coding schools, either in school or online, perferrably online.  Heard of The Andrews School?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  Minny ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Free Medical Spell Checker?
Nov 09, 2009

I recently got a new computer & have had quite a time getting all my transcription software transferred over; the only thing I am unable to transfer is my medical spellcheck.  I have used Stedmann's for sometime now but went on their site and it is $100 to purchase it.  The version I have on a disc is not supported by Vista :( Does anyone know of any other good medical spell checkers out there that are free?? ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Medical Spellcheck System?
Oct 01, 2010

Considering going the IC route and need a recommendation for a very good medical spellcheck.  Thanks in advance! ...

Looking For A Good Medical Dictionary / Spell Checker
Oct 26, 2010

I know this has been discussed in the past, but my search did not bring up any current threads so I'm asking again, just in case anything has changed, etc., since the old posts. I am looking for a good medical dictionary/spell checker.  What is your preference? THANKS!!  ...

Could Anyone Recommend Good Medical Coding Websites?
Jan 31, 2012

Hello, I am becoming disenchanted with the medical transcription profession and how it has become less lucrative (although some may disagree). I wanted to look into medical coding as an alternative at-home (remote) or in-office job.  I was hoping someone could recommend a few good websites that discuss the profession, how to prepare for it, how long training typically takes before you can "launch yourself", how lucrative it could be if you really apply yourself, and so on. I've hear ...

Good Electronic Medical Dictionary Other Than Stedmans
Sep 24, 2012

Does anybody know of a good electronic medical dictionary on CD-ROM?  Thank you!  ...

TransTech Medical Solutions - Is It A Good Company To Work For?
Dec 13, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on TransTech Medical Solutions?  Is it a good company to work for?  Decent pay and management?  Good amount of work?  Decent dictators?  Any information would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks. ...

She Brings With Her A Very Good Detailed Consultation Notes And Other Medical Records From The Air F
Oct 28, 2009

She brings with her a very good detailed consultation notes and other medical records from the Air Force including evaluation at the S/L FEZDA. ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

The Transcription Doctors - Good Or Bad?
Jan 13, 2010

Has anyone heard anything about this company? Good or bad? ...

Landmark Transcription - Good Or Bad?
Feb 16, 2010

Any comments good or bad on this company? ...

Volunteer Transcription Good, Bad Or Otherwise
May 28, 2010

Just wondering if anyone can give me any details, good, bad or otherwise.  I searched the archives but found nothing.  TIA!  ...

Hils Transcription Good Or Bad?
Sep 15, 2011

Any info on Hils Transcription would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! ...

Good Transcription Companies?
Sep 05, 2013

Good Transcription Companies
Nov 08, 2013

Can anyone give me the name of good transcription companies you work for? ...

What Is HB Medical Transcription???
Mar 06, 2010

I've been in the medical transcription industry for 16 years and dont have any clue what HB medical transcription is. There is a job posted which has been filled, but I for the life of me cannot figure that out, unless it is hispanic/bilingual.  Can someone help me out!  ...

VLC Medical Transcription
Jul 24, 2010

Does anyone know if the Virtual Learning Center still exists?  I am not getting any responses to emails to them.  The website has changed since the last time I looked at it.  Also, I thought they were supposed to be the third best of the top three medical transcription companies to learn from.  If they are not, who is?  ...

JLG Medical Transcription
Sep 09, 2010

Any info on JLG pros/cons, pay would be greatly appreciated. ...

Medical Transcription.
Jan 21, 2011

I have a certificate through Stratford Career Institute and have had a hard time trying to get employment. I don't have any prior experience in the medical transcription field and am very interested in getting pointed in the right direction on what to do from here on how I can further a career in this field. If anyone can be of some help please let me know. ...

Non Medical Transcription
Feb 02, 2011

I am an independent contractor. Have always charged per line count. Have an opportunity to transcribe 30 minute audio interviews. Any thoughts on what or how to charge for this? Thanks! ...

Qed Medical Transcription
Apr 02, 2011

Has anyone ever tried taking the typing test for QED transcription? For some reason I am not getting into the testing site.  '( ...

U.S. Transcription Non Medical
Sep 01, 2011

I answered an ad for U.S. Transcription posted on MT Jobs, was asked to test, and within an hour of submitting my test I was offered a job.  After my heart came down from a happy dance at an actual job offer, I found I really have some things to think about before I say yes. This would be for 2nd shift, non-medical transcription at 0.06/cpl for straight transcription, 0.03/cpl if a company provided template is used.  I suppose I need to ask what my expected production would be before ...