A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

looking for a good medical dictionary / spell checker - advice needed

Posted: Oct 26, 2010

I know this has been discussed in the past, but my search did not bring up any current threads so I'm asking again, just in case anything has changed, etc., since the old posts. I am looking for a good medical dictionary/spell checker.  What is your preference? THANKS!! 

Medical Dictionary - medtyper

[ In Reply To ..]
Stedman's hands down. In fact all I have are Stedman's reference books.

I am referring to a - computer based program

[ In Reply To ..]
...but my brain isn't coming up with the word I'm trying to use.

~Tired MT

Medical Dictionary - medtyper

[ In Reply To ..]
Stedman's has an electronic dictionary that you add to Word. Like I said, I love it and all of the Stedman's reference books.

my preference - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I prefer to build my own dictionary using the spellcheck function in Word. I never have to worry about what my dictionary knows, because I am the one teaching it. It's free, and it is as accurate as I am.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Know Of A Good Free Medical Spell Checker?
Nov 09, 2009

I recently got a new computer & have had quite a time getting all my transcription software transferred over; the only thing I am unable to transfer is my medical spellcheck.  I have used Stedmann's for sometime now but went on their site and it is $100 to purchase it.  The version I have on a disc is not supported by Vista :( Does anyone know of any other good medical spell checkers out there that are free?? ...

Medical Spell Checker - Most Useful?
Dec 14, 2009

What medical spell checker do y'all find most useful? What references do you like to have in hardcopy at your fingertips?   Maple Grandma ...

Medical Spell Checker
Jun 10, 2015

Hello Everyone, I'm looking for a really good medical spell checker at a responsible price or free (LOL).  Would love some suggestions. Thanks in advance for the suggestions. ...

Medical Spell Checker Question
Oct 25, 2011

I have incorporated a medical dictionary into my Word custom dictionary, plus any new words are added into my shorthand program.  I've noticed some companies require you have a medical spell checker.  Any suggestions on a good program to purchase? ...

Medical Spell Checker And Line Counting Software
Dec 29, 2010

I am a new MT graduate and am searching for a good medical spell checker software that includes line counting, as well as being reasonably priced.  Any recommendations?  I've checked some websites, but am still unsure. Thank you for your help. LM ...

Medical Dictionary/spell Check Software Compatible With Word
Apr 15, 2010

I just recently quit my job with MQ after having been there for 10 years.  I'm now working as an IC on Word.  Does anybody have information on a good medical software program (medical dictionary/spell checker/expander) that is compatible with Word.  I'd like to get something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!! Any help would be appreciated.        ...

Stedmans Spell Checker-How To Set It Up In Spell Check
Dec 03, 2010

I just downloaded the Stedmans Spell Checker to work with my Word Documents, and I can't figure out how to make it work with Word. I went into Spell check, Options, and saw custom dic, but don't know where to go from there to set it up. Help please, and thank you! ...

Good Electronic Medical Dictionary Other Than Stedmans
Sep 24, 2012

Does anybody know of a good electronic medical dictionary on CD-ROM?  Thank you!  ...

Spell Checker
Jul 01, 2014

Does anyone know where i can get a free demo or cheap spellchecker ASAP? Thanks ...

What Expander To Use With DQS And Spell Checker Please?
Sep 10, 2010

Can someone tell me what expander to use with DQS and spell checker please? Are these built in?  Thanks! ...

Stedmans Spell Checker
Nov 09, 2010

question, got a different work computer that runs vista and word 2007. I'm looking for an affordable place to get a Stedman's dictionary download. any advice? ...

Stedman's Spell Checker
Jun 10, 2013

I have had Stedman's Medical/Pharmaceutical Spellchecker installed in my computer for a few years now.  As of this morning, it is not working, not highlighting misspelled words, etc.  I have tried reinstalling.  It shows installed.  I have tried rebooting.  What else can I do? ...

MS Word And Stedman's Spell Checker
Jul 16, 2010

HELP!  MS Word is not recognizing Stedmans as my spell checker, so all med words are red underlined.  I tried restoring my computer to prior week, and tried using an old version of normal.dot        Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I use Smartype and that is fine, it's just my spell checker.  It has apparently reverted to the spell checker that comes standard with Word.   I have been using this computer and this setup f ...

Best Med/Pharm Spell Checker Software
Nov 25, 2013

Can anyone tell me what is the best medical and pharmacy spell check software to use with Windows 7/MS Word 2010 / Also, does anyone know if the eScription platform comes with its own spell check or any sort of on-line references for terminology. TIA ! ...

Opinions On Inductel Spell Checker
Feb 15, 2014

Starting a new position and spell checker software is required.  She said that the brand doesn't matter so much as having one.  I used Stedman's in my old position, but it belonged to the company.  I know it isn't Stedman's, which I will be getting soon, but is the Inductel spell checker sufficient to get me through the first pay period until I purchase the Stedman's? ...

Medical Dictionary
Sep 15, 2014

Can anyone recommend a medical dictionary to use with a web based platform?  ...

Which Medical Dictionary Is The Best To Get The Computer?
Apr 22, 2010

NM ...

Reasonably Priced Medical Dictionary
Aug 24, 2010

Purchased new computer with Word 2010.   Need to make an updated spellchecker purchases.  Thanks for your feedback! ...

Medical Dictionary For Word 7
Aug 15, 2011

Anybody have experience with adding a medical dictionary that works with Word 7 and doesen't require a home equity loan to download? ...

What's The Best Electronic Medical Dictionary?
Nov 29, 2011

I'm looking to purchase a good medical dictionary to incorporate into my word program.  Anyone using one?  You can email me since we can't name names here.   Thanks ! ...

Best Medical Dictionary To Get For Your Computer?
Feb 17, 2012

What is the best medical dictionary to get for your copmuter? ...

Free Online Medical Dictionary?
Jun 03, 2011

I was told I need to download a new medical spell checker for my computer.  Problem is, Stedman's cost $100, and I simply do not have that right now.  Are there any good, professional, reliable FREE online medical spell checkers out there to download?  Thanks! ...

Question About Stedman's Medical Dictionary V 7.0
Jun 28, 2011

Does anyone know what versions of Windows this is compatible with? Also, any comments on how you like/don't like it would be helpful!  Tx!  :) ...

Emdat Inscribe - How To Link A Medical Dictionary
Sep 22, 2011

Can someone please tell me how to link a medical dictionary that I use in Word (Steadman's) to Emdat Inscribe?  I am not a techie so please be detail oriented with the details. No one I know knows how to do it and I do not either....help!!! Thanks so much!!!   ...

Anyone Use A Free Medical Dictionary Software Program?
Dec 22, 2014

Hello all.  I am wondering if anyone uses a free medical dictionary software and would be willing to share the name.  Thanks! ...

SUGGESTIONS NEEDED! Got A New Computer And Old Medical Dictionary Is Not Compatible So I Am Buying A
Apr 21, 2010

nm ...

Medical Spell Checkers
Apr 15, 2011

Does anyone use Medispell medical checker?  I have always used Spellex but I now have Word 2010 on my computer and the Spellex that I have is no longer compatible.  I am looking for a good medical checker at a reasonible price.  Any ideas?  Thanks ...

A Good Spell Check For Word 2010?
Sep 14, 2010

Does Anyone know of a good spell check for word 2010? TIA mmct ...

Is This A Medical Term Or Drug Name And How Do You Spell It?
Mar 17, 2010

Okay, I have no idea what this doctor is saying or how you spell it so bear with me....it sounds like....asetasala silate....It may be something totally obvious but I am at a loss. TIA! ...

Medical Spell Check Software
Oct 10, 2012

I need an updated medical spell check software - can anyone make recommendations for one that isn't too expensive? Thanks in advance! ...