A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance pay rates (I believe I have it right this time! - Chavera

Posted: Dec 17, 2011

Hi to Everyone:

I have very carefully studied the flowsheets from the recorded webinar.  I have been with Focus/Nuance for 4 years now.  My skill level is Acute Care.  I work on the Escription platform.  It is the only platform I have ever used, but it seems pretty good.  I joke and call the VR "Victor" when it is misbehaving.  Anyway, my new pay rate is 0.825 for typing and 0.413 for editing.  I have averaged out that I should receive about 330 dollars a month with the incentive pay, as I have never failed to achieve below 99% QA and my QC is usually 1%. 

I realize things might looks especially rosy since I thought I was getting a pay cut.  I also began wondering when things first started happening earlier this month if people from WebMedx (is that the correct name?) were making more than us before the buy-out.  From what I have read, it seems this may be the case, and I feel bad about that.  I truly do.  I have been in this business for over 30 years and am one of those people who made 100 dollars a day all those years ago (working for Medical Records Corporation, which turned into the "Q").

All in all, I have enjoyed working for Focus/Nuance.  The only real problem I have had was a work shortage at one time, which has not occurred in well over a year.  I am not a troll.  I apologized previously for jumping to conclusions in mid-December.  I will say that you have to be very proactive when you work at Nuance.  Do not sit around with no work - get in touch with your TL or go over their head if you must.  You will get results and have work to do.  In my 4 years, we have progressed to having PTO, having a bit of holiday pay, getting paid for training, having the incentive plan and now what I thought would never happen -  A RAISE!

Nuance pay rates - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for that. You are right on. I agree with everything you have said. Thank you.

Thanks for the info, guys. I'm a Webmedxer. Do - you work on eScription or another platform? NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I agree with you! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I also agree with you. Once I sat down and figured the pay for my platform with the incentive and my night differential I am actually going up in pay. What a relief finally.

In fact I left Nuance once but the grass was not greener out there. The other couple of comapnies I tried either had no incentive and/or no differential, cruddy benefits and paid everyone the exact same regardless of platform capabilities or experience.

I will say this though. I really think those from Webmedx receiving a pay cut stinks. I would have liked to have seen something different for them, even taking those who have been with Wmx 10 years or more and just maintaining their current pay or at least giving them a choice.

I also agree with being proactive with Nuance. I never run out of work and never have. Maintain communication and you are good to go.

$360 per month? - Darby

[ In Reply To ..]
You said you make $360 per month? How can you live on that? No way I could live on that, even for 2 weeks.

Read it again Darby. - alana

[ In Reply To ..]
nm.

I think she meant that would be her incentive pay - on top of her regular pay. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Nuance QA - busymt

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm a current Webmedx employee. In pondering over the pay, I will be taking about as much of a cut in pay as you are in increase - at least for 90 days since apparently I will be considered a new employee and no QA data is available for me. As I interpret it, we have to be greater than or equal to 99.8% QA, not 99%. In your experience, how picky are the editors? I'm trying to decide whether to move on now or wait. Thanks.

QA - Chavera

[ In Reply To ..]
QA is 99%. It used to start in the 89s with our old bonus program. I really have not had a problem staying over 99, but I think there may be a few "quirky" QAs in this company. I did wonder if you were taking a pay cut and we were getting a raise that equaled somewhere in the middle. Geez, I feel bad for all of you and hope the bonus will cover some of that? Did you get bonuses at Webmedx? And yes, I did mean the 360 was the incentive pay, over and above my regular pay. I could still use a few thousand extra per year, though! LOL!

OOOPs on QA - Chavera

[ In Reply To ..]
Oops! Transposed numbers. Meant to say QA used to be in the 98s! It's late at night! :)

QA - busymt

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the input - My tired brain was processing a sample of how the pay was figured and thinking that was what we had to meet. I've not had a problem meeting 99% and above with our QA now, but don't know how it will go with Nuance. Plus, I'm going to hurt in pay for the 3 months I assume we have to wait for them to build a QA database on us. Trying to stay positive, but have already started applying out of the transcription world. My bills don't care if I take a pay cut or not. Thanks again for your info!
QA - busymt
[ In Reply To ..]
Forgot to answer your question - yes we did get production bonuses, but they were not based on QA. They were based on number of lines and, at least for me, once I got used to accounts, it was not hard at all for me to meet the production bonuses. Our line rate was not really that different and the production part of the bonus won't be hard to meet, but unless I'm interpreting it wrong, we won't even get the production bonus unless we pass their QA. I have no choice but to wait and see what my scores are. Like I said in the other post - I've already started applying at other jobs. To be honest I'm tired of the hassle, tired of working weekends, tired of begging for holiday time off. Thanks again for your input and hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Similar Messages:

Pay Rates At Nuance
Mar 10, 2013

Can anyone tell me what nuance pays? I heard 0.0825 for staight typing, not sure about VR. Info be appeaed. Any shift differential for nights or weekenes? ...

The Truth About Nuance Pay Rates.
Dec 12, 2011

The taped call has been released and while the information about the pay rate was not entirely inaccurate, it left out the rest of the story. Graduate/Radiology 0.0750/0.0375 (0.0425 on some platforms) Clinic 0.08/0.04 (0.0850/0.0450 on some platforms) Acute 0.0850/0.0413 (0.0875/0.0463 on some platforms) Incentive is based on QA/QC and production (tiered production and 99% which is what I was told when I was hired) but is biweekly instead of quarterly.    ...

Insurance Rates/webmedx/nuance
Nov 17, 2011

for an employee and spouse $767.00 a month, dental for an employee and spouse $63.00 a month.  I am having to waive the dental, can't afford that.  Might have to find a 2nd job as well.  Stinks for sure. ...

Nuance: From Full-time To Part-time
Apr 26, 2012

Would anyone be willing to post info on this? I am considering switching to part-time. Wondering how amenable the company is to such requests. If you have done this, were you able to keep same schedule or were you forced into a different schedule? Thanks for any thoughts! ...

Nuance - Part Time To Full Time?
Aug 08, 2012

I see the post about going from full to part time, but what about the opposite?  For example, if I get hired at 30 hours per week and I have extra time available for a few weeks, can I consistently work more hours than those scheduled 30 hours?  Thanks for any insight you can give. ...

Part Time With Nuance
May 18, 2012

I am considering a part time position with this company. As a part time employee, I was expecting the hours to be 4 hours a day, but a friend of mine also with Nuance says part time involves 8 hours on either Sat. or Sun. I was expecting and perfectly OK with 4 hours on the weekend, like any other day a part time person would normally work. Why would they expect a part time person to work 8 hours on a day when the dictation is coming in at a lesser rate than M-F if a weekend day is a normal w ...

Does Nuance Have Flex Time?
Nov 21, 2012

Does Nuance offer flex time?  I work for Accentus and they're  very flexible when it comes to when I have to work; nobody says anything as long as I produce, whether I get on a 6 am, off at 7, on again at 9, off at 2, on again at 7 off 9, etc.  I'm going to have a huge problem if there's no flexibility in my schedule. ...

Nuance Part Time
Dec 06, 2012

Anyone working for Nuance ever cut back to part time, 4 hours a day?  Not making enuf working for this MTSO so am getting a 2nd job.  Interview tomorrow with medical records at local hospital.  Hoping it leads to an in-house transcription job (they also have off-site).  Should have some luck with acute care, pathology and radiology backgrounds, I HOPE... ...

I Actually Had Time For A Nuance Daydream.
Jun 28, 2014

1.  The dream.  Attorney: So, _________, Nuance HR person, explain to the court how it is you go about determining whether someone at Nuance is "promoted" to a QC position?  Attorney: And in what ways does that differ from the process you utilize to assure the quality of work from the "everyday" MTs?   Attorney: What standard is utilized as a baseline for the MTs, in terms of accuracy or "correctness". Is it 95%, 98%, 99.5% -- just what is it? And what standard is uti ...

Nuance Benefits For Part Time
Mar 05, 2012

What do they offer?  I read here on this board that you do receive medical, dental, and vision, but does anyone know what else?  ...

Does Nuance Hire Part-time?
Mar 21, 2012

I just had interview with Softscript and found out that they do not hire any part-time MT's.  Here they let me do testing and go to all that trouble and never even looked at my application, where I distinctly siad I wanted only part-time.  Just shows how much they look at your application.  So I am wondering now if Nuance hires that way.  If not then this is probably a waste of time too.   Very frustrating that these companies do not let you know up front.  ...

Transcend/Nuance - Time Clock
Nov 25, 2012

Used to work for Transcend and loved that you input your own time card.  You could put down 8 hours even if it took you 10 to make your lines/$.  Sorry to see employees will now have to use that same stupid clock we all do.  Not hard, just a pain in the (&*&.   When we were acquired by Nuance we still use our old system with time clock built in and the new one too.  Then the reduction in wages.  All in all... not a joyful union.  My sympathies are ...

Part-time Accentus/Nuance
Feb 18, 2013

I currently work for Nuance and am looking for part time work. Accentus is hiring but I heard Nuance bought them out. So, are they still separate and I can apply? or would I in fact be working for the same company?  Getting desparate for a PT job as Nuance is not cutting it with having to stick to the 8 hous a day.  Thanks ...

Does Nuance Still Hire Part Time People?
Dec 16, 2011

Thanks for your time! ...

Does Nuance Hire Part-time Weekdays? I Already
Jul 09, 2012

have a great part-time job on the weekends I don't want to give up, but I'd like to pick up some part-time work during the week.  TIA for any info! ...

If Nuance Is Running Out Of Work, Why Are They Seemingly Hiring All The Time? SM
Dec 29, 2011

I have an interview/job offer scheduled with them.  Maybe I should just say 'thanks but no thanks'?   ...

What Happens At Nuance If You Are Part-time And Cannot Always Make Line Count?
Apr 26, 2013

I can do it most of the time, but every now and then I miss it, sometimes by as much as 20 lines per hour. I have had 1 email asking that I use my time more productively and make the line count. I actually do use my time as productively as I can. I admit, although I have done this for years, I am not great with VR editing. Also, with the high standards and deductions in FIESA, I really listen and listen again to much of my transcription so I don't fall below wanted numbers there. I am doing ...

QA Keeps Changing Pro-time To Pro-time Or Pro-time Or Pro-time....once And For All, Which Is Correct
Apr 07, 2011

x ...

Pay Rates...
Oct 20, 2010

Does Medquist still have 2 pay rates--one for straight transcription and one for speech recognition? ...

VR Rates
May 18, 2011

From VR to a new technology called VRWTCY  which stands for very real way to to cheat you ...

Anyone Get New PTO Rates Due Out On 07/24? Nm
Aug 01, 2011

nm ...

MQ Pay Rates?
Oct 06, 2011

What pittance rates DOES MQ pay these days for VR and for straight typing?  (Again, as I mentioned elsewhere on the board, I ask because my department is beginning union pay negotiations as we move to using DocQSpeech for most of our work, so I expect management will be trying to use MQ's pay rates as their point of reference.) Thanks! ...

Going Rates?
Dec 14, 2011

I have been working as an MT for a little over 2 years now and was wondering what the going rates for transcription and editing reports are?  I am currenly an IC doing only transcription at a rate of $0.065 per line.  The line is definced as 65-black character line and it does not include spaces.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

VR RATES!!!
Mar 27, 2014

Who can make a living on VR rates??? I've come to the conclusion, like so many others, it's time to move on. Been an MT for 9 years. Went from making $24 an hour gross to making less than minimum wage with VR! So sad. ...

IC Rates
Jan 13, 2015

Hello all...after 17 years, I'm sick of playing by others rules and want to venture into the world of IC. Could those of you doing IC work give me an idea of what to be asking per line? Any insight into any aspect of IC would also be helpful. Thanks! ...

Rates
Mar 19, 2015

My transcription business has decreased due to EMR. Now I've been offered a job to proof the EMR. What should I expect in compensation?  By patient? By hour? Plan to continue to work from home. Thanks! ...

Going Rates
May 27, 2015

To any IC setting their own rates, what are the going rates for transcription these days?  I had my own small business 20+ years ago and charged $1.25 per full page. Any info would be appreciated! ...

MTSO Rates
Nov 23, 2009

Do you think the MTSOs cut their rates to their clients who are now using VR just as they have cut their MTs rates?  Seems that some MTSOs are scrambling for some reason to cut everyone's pay down (even their MT pay, not just ME pay).  I wonder if they are in over their heads with this new venture into VR and losing their arses and realizing it isn't quite the godsend everyone is making it out to be.  One can hope, and would serve them right! As far as MTSO rates are co ...

Check Out These Rates (4th One Down)
Jan 10, 2010

They're based in California: http:///www.chromolumeinc.comp/transcription/rates.html ...

Looking For Some Feedback On QA Rates
Apr 20, 2010

I am an IC in northeast Ohio. Anyone know what the going rate is for QA editors in this part of the country?  Does the price vary from state to state that much?  I am in the midst of negotiating my MT contract with a client and want to document the cost of a QA Editor (which I provide myself for free, now).  Thanks for your help! ...