A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

NEWS FLASH new Webmedx message - webbie

Posted: Oct 25, 2010

I was working and just received an e-mail that there was a company update posted to the community page. So far, after listening to half the voice went out and so I have not been able to listen to the second half yet, BUT they said they had solid business commitments coming up and would be hiring I believe they said 128 transcriptionists! He also said anyone that was let go due to the RIF was welcome to apply again, and said that the RIF was a first for the company and hopefully the last. I am encouraged but still wary. I am finally to the point that I know my accounts and the platform and am making a very good income. I am going back to see if I can reload that 2nd half of the message now!

Wow, so they really ARE re-hiring - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It's so soon after the layoffs, though. Couldn't they have waited a few weeks and skipped the layoff process altogether?

If contracts are in negotiation for new business, they are - wishful thinking until signed. So, no.

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you start spending and change your lifestyle because you applied for a job or tested? Even an interview isn't enough sometimes. You have to wait until you sign on the dotted line and start working.

Same thing with business.

Perhaps new contracts came up out of the blue or others were in negotiation.

I think WMX is MUCH safer than MQ/Spheris both of which have had numerous, regularly scheduled reductions in force.

They probably did not have the new business solidified yet. sm - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
They're darned if the do, darned if they don't.

Their "darned" problem to me is - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
They don't communicate very effectively! They could have told the RIF MTs (which I am not one - still there) that there might be more work in a few months and to please come back. It just didn't seem like the ones who let go were treated as if they were "valued." I think it could have been handled differently. And I think they could have communicated with the ones left better. I don't have a strong opinion about whether they are on the up and up, but talking to their employees about what is going on would go a long way. They said they got these contracts 3 weeks ago. Why not tell us then? Look at all the bad press that might have been avoided.
agree with you - webbie
[ In Reply To ..]
I am guessing maybe the contracts weren't 100% for sure earlier, but their communication has been horrible recently. And I totally agree with the manner in which they terminated the employees. If I had been part of the RIF...I doubt I would consider returning unless I was desperate!I am hoping with the MTAB board that they will try to be more open and communicative now.
Actually they DID state back then that a specific number - of new contracts were being
[ In Reply To ..]
finalized and others also in the works.
So now, 128 new full-time positions over the next few months, plus commitment stated to "reaching out to" previous production employees. They also pointed out that making a reduction in force was something new for the company, not experienced before.

Regarding more open and communicative--probably just can't afford to be much more. That's the way it goes.
Actually the did NOT. That is why there was so much speculation - here. No answers were forthcoming at all!
[ In Reply To ..]
The company did not speak at all after the layoff. Anything and everything you heard was from this board. If the company had spoken, they could have avoided a lot of misunderstandings and rumors. I hope they have learned to be more open and honest with their own employees. Keep the secrecy for the competition...we were on your side!
But, they DID, though. I'd left the meeting posted on the Community - Board up on my screen and listened to it again
[ In Reply To ..]
after all the excitement developed here. I posted here their statements--already available to all WMX employees--that new contracts were in the works and that employees let go were invited to come back when they did.

The new message is up now and available to listen to.
But you said they - quote- stated BACK THEN -unquote - Did not think you were talking about the message y
[ In Reply To ..]
I misunderstood your post, it seemed as if you were talking about "back then" as in when the layoffs first occurred. I appreciated the communication from them yesterday, and I hope they keep it up. Keep the silence for the competition - we're on your side (WMX).
Uhhuh, it was back then. In any case, we all appreciate - the communication, the more the better. :) NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Good points all around. nm - no message
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
You are correct, they did. But no one wanted to hear that. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
After the reduction in workforce the torches and pitchforks were blazing on this board. There was rampant rumor mongering (Webmedx is being sold! Webmedx had massive layoffs! Webmedx sending all work overseas! Webmedx is firing all long-timers and hiring newbies! Webmedx is getting rid of their higher paid MTs! Webmedx is getting rid of all MTs and going fully to front end VR! Hide your children!)
Webmedx brought that upon themselves with their silent treatment. - They have to expect rumor if they
[ In Reply To ..]
Won't talk to us. That is how things get blown out of proportion. I hope the company has learned something in all of this - communication is KING!
The point is, hon, they DID communicate then and now. - Short notice and little detail
[ In Reply To ..]
(and the notice was removed in just a few days instead of being left up), but the most important information WAS there--new accounts and more work are coming.

Fortunately, hundreds of MT/MEs at WMX did listen. Can you imagine if it'd been hundreds instead of a handful raging here? But it wasn't.

BTW, HAS everyone listened to this entire message to make sure it got thru?
Thanks HON! But they did NOT communicate to all of us - They removed it almost immediately.
[ In Reply To ..]
Not all of us got to listen to it. Had they left it up, then yes, I would say they had communicated, but the quick manner in which it was removed smacked of secrecy. That is NOT communication HON!
i remember that too - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
i was off for the 2 days the msg was up and so the only info I got was here. I'm sure they took it down cuz they didn't like quotes being posted on this board, but that just fueled more speculation and fear. Just because "they" know whats going on doesn't mean the rest of us do. And this was a loooong time they waited before communicating again. I just hope they have learned their lesson. That is, if indeed they want to.
Uh, not so. They did communicate what happened. - What else should they have done?
[ In Reply To ..]
Sat around bantering with everyone over it?

It was an action they took. They announced it as they should have. There was nothing more to say.

There would have been NOTHING they could have said to pacify you or any of the other comlaintants. Nothing would satisfy you. No need to get in a kicking match.

The rumoring and speculation are the fault of those complaining because they were/are angry (understandably so) but apparently did not know how to handle those emotions. Add to that situation those who seem to believe every word written on the Internet and you have the angry leading the blind.

Venting in a public forum isn't going to do anyone any good.

They should have (and hopefully did) used that surge of emotional energy to get into a new job and/or embark on a new career.

NO, I am not a "suit." I'm an MT of more than 20 years.

The company has communicated. I hope MTs have learned to get busy with owning their own jobs and careers.

For starters they could have left the message up longer than a couple of hours. - Maybe a written communique? Anything at all!!
[ In Reply To ..]
You are not a suit? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More power to you. Well stated. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
LOL! Right! - wink, wink....
[ In Reply To ..]
Talk to yourself often? LOL!
Still, as en employee I was not given - the courtesy of
[ In Reply To ..]
An email informing me that it was worth waiting for, how long the wait would be, when they would expect the flexing to become better, etc. Maybe they don't know that yet and couldn't say, but here they are blaring about 148 new jobs when there are still a lot of us sitting here waiting for work and wondering if they will again hire more people before making sure they have enough for those already employed. You can't blame it all on the pitchfork brigade, that is blaming the victims of not-enough-information. This morning NJA for 2 hours already...still the information vacuum exists.
E-mail would have been nice, I guess, but they chose an audio - anon.
[ In Reply To ..]
form of address, perhaps hoping to reach out better by voice. But, hey, go listen to this one now. It's a group notice on the Community Board (BTW, the new-hire figure is 128).

Oh, and after several good days, my accounts are down too. Bad because we're helping our kids buy a house, and I really need to be able to show two good paychecks right now.
:) Well, hopefully we all listen and read a lot more carefully when - working (without torches to distract). NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I listened to the audio - but am at a loss
[ In Reply To ..]
In this day and age, as to why such a poor vehicle was used to deliver their message. Even a written report would have been better. I found it difficult to hear Judi for some reason. I will go back and listen again, and hope more will get through my thick skull. It seemed a little corporate speak-y for me, though, and I still maintain that individual employees deserve individual information as to their particular situation, something which has not been forthcoming thus far.
I'm best at taking in written info too, but believe me - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
so many are not. I wrote letters all day long when I worked in commercial finance and got so many "what's this about?" calls back from business professionals that I started

1. dropping, and
2. centering anything I needed them to do (sign and return the enclosed), AND
3. numbering if more than one.

That cut the calls down, but not enough, so I started

4. Highlighting the item(s) in the middle in yellow.

That finally cut the calls by about 4/5. :) I guarantee a written notice wouldn't serve any better in this industry, even though we **listen** and read for a living.
MTAB is not new. I used to be on the board at least a year ago. nm - been there, done that
[ In Reply To ..]

2nd half of message - webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe they have been reading this board, because they stressed that their success has been because of our efforts, which was nice. They also mentioned the MTAB which was in the latest newsletter, the MT Advisory Board, and they have added more members. I have worked with several of these people, who are really great co-workers and very knowledgeable. They also discussed improvements made to help us with transcription. Overall, I am very encouraged and hoping this continues.

I was encouraged by the recorded update. nm - anotherWMXMT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I think it is pathetic - gonewebbie

[ In Reply To ..]
that anyone involved in the RIF should have to reapply. Anyone involved has proven or disproven themselves to Webmedx and they should have the courtesy to contact those let go and offer them a position, if they were not let go due to quality. That would be a step in the right direction of proving they are still a decent company to work for and maybe they would not be so slammed on this board.

Don't be offended, Gone. The paperwork has to be - Pragmatist

[ In Reply To ..]
done because of legalities, civil and governmental. Everyone let go became an ex-employee and thus would have to be reemployed. On the plus side, references would be considered very reliable, doubt they'd even bother to check them. :)

It's probably just a formality. If you were part of the RIF - currentWebber

[ In Reply To ..]
...and you'd like to work for Webmedx again, then give your STM or HR a call. If not, then let it go, move on, and stop the bashing.

Pathetic? The announcement was just posted near end of business yesterday. - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
Give them some time. They are saying that the will reach out to those let go.

Also, there was so much venom and hatred spewed on these boards by some MTs that were laid off, if I were management at Webmedx I would not blindly go to everyone and welcome them back with open arms. I would want only the MTs that choose to come back on their own. Just my opinion.

Except for 1 thing (SM) - Unbiased observer

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you honestly think the RIF workers that were enraged here would NOT go back to WMX? They'd go, if they don't have another job already, in a heartbeat. They need to pay their bills and feed themselves.

IMO, to regain credibility as an employer, they need to reach out to every MT that was hatcheted during the RIF. Even if it's only a form email letter inviting all who were laid off to reapply, ANY token of "personal" acknowledgement would be to their advantage in this case.

I've never been terminated with a wave of the magic wand, so to speak, as WMX did with their RIF, but I don't begrudge any of the MTs who shared their grief and vented here. IMHO, they were more than entitled to feel shock, rage, humiliation, degradation, and fear which, as I recall, was pretty much what they were expressing.

I'm glad things are picking up at WMX and I hope they do the right thing by their MTs, which is some sort of personal communication inviting them back.
Thank you for your nice post and your support! - Webster. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
:-)

I will believe things are - getting better when

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually get some real work before lunchtime and am able to finish my 8 hours before prime time (my normal hours are supposed to finish by early afternoon but not for a long time has that been possible!). Honestly, all these contracts and whatnot don't mean a lot if they can't organize their workforce better, but hopefully they will sort this out soon with the new work. It sounds like the old Webmedx back to me, so hope that odd uncommunicative phase was just a blip.

I smell a pay cut - skeptic

[ In Reply To ..]
During the end of the call, when the "improvements" coming to VR were discussed, I got a chill up my spine. The last time they stuck us with M-Modal and tried to shove it down our throat, how GREAT it was, they cut our pay. Hmmmm, more improvements coming to our lousy VR. I think they are setting us up for another pay cut. JMO.

Eeeewww. I bet that stinks! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
jkl;

Reason for Hiring - Wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm wondering if they are really hiring because so many people quit??? It's hard to trust anything that comes from them.

Similar Messages:

News Flash!
Nov 03, 2014

xx ...

Nuance News Flash
Aug 03, 2012

OK Kids. How many of you honestly read the Nuance News Flash that our TLs send out?  Be honest now; how many of you like reading about how this technology is killing the transcription industry?   As for me, my BP goes up about 100 points whenever I get one! ...

News Flash: Nuance Bayscribe MTs Have Had It! (nm)
Dec 16, 2014

x ...

WHEN Will We Get News About Changes At Webmedx?
Jul 05, 2011

This whole thing makes absolutely zero sense to me. Webmedx has 500+ employees, right? What management is going to make an announcement regarding a publicly traded company and then tell employees not to talk? I would think announcing changes like that would put them at risk of actually influencing the stock. And they have to know it's ridiculous to think that many people are going to keep the announcement confidential. To me, it seems extremely irresponsible of Webmedx any way I look at it ...

Webmedx New Account In News
Feb 11, 2011

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/4880930 ...

Transolutions--applied And Tested--no News Good News? Anyone Else Heard? Nm
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

MT STARS FLASH COUNT
Apr 13, 2011

Can anyone tell me if there is still a link to download the flashcount to make invoices for free on this site?  I know that this is where I downloaded it a long time ago, but I can't find it and appreciate any help! ...

FLASH TYPE - Run Time Error '383'
Feb 21, 2011

Last week, Thursday, i downloaded FlashType from here when my Window XP crashed and i needed to find something to work on WIndows 7.  I immediately fell in love because it worked on my platform and i no longer needed to cut and paste.  At the end of the day, something happened (not sure what happened), but now i am getting and error that reads: run time error '383':  'text' property is read only I entered well over 200 abbreviations that day.  I tried uninstalling ...

Flash Drive To Say Auto-correct
Jun 09, 2011

A flash drive sounds like a great way to save auto-correct, but I can't find anything in word to tell me how to copy/backup auto-correct??? TIA ...

Flash Type Works With Windows 7 Yet?
Sep 02, 2011

Anyone know if Flash Type works with Windows 7 yet?  Thank you.  nm ...

Lost My Shorthand 10 Flash Drive!
Jul 28, 2012

Does anyone have a .spf file that they could "loan me" until I either find my flash drive or I build my own up (could take years like my original one did!)?  I had a backup but that hard drive crashed, and boy was I grateful for the flash drive backup, but what with one thing and another, I didn't back it up on my new computer and of course now I'm kicking myself.  Or if there is a resource online that I could use, that would be great. I'm looking for a more generic com ...

Saving Shorthand File To Flash Drive
May 11, 2013

Can anyone tell me how to save my shorthand file to a flash drive?  Thanks. ...

How Do I Transcribe From A Flash Driving Using Existing Usb Foot Pedal
Aug 19, 2013

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

Big ASR News
Jan 27, 2010

I opened a ticket yesterday for ASR, asking them to have H and H expand out to hemoglobin and hematocrit for my account, and less than 24 hours I got a message saying it was done! Unbelievable.    Seems crazy we would all have to do this, but if we all do this, maybe some positive change could actually come.    I gave them the account, an internal job number, and my contact number and just stated what the problem was.  My understanding is this was corrected for this ...

More Bad News For MQ MT/MEs
Jan 29, 2010

I got the below link from my MQ Google Alert.  If Speris tanks, there's gonna be a ton of MQs scrambling for jobs.  I'm sure the Q will see this as the perfect opportunity to cut our salaries again as we fear for our jobs. http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/02/01/story1.html?b=1265000400%5E2811471 ...

I've Got News For Everyone
Jul 10, 2011

Most of the companies are paying 8 cpl for transcription and 4 cpl for editing.  MQ is not going to stop until they reach that rate even though they may do it gradually as they have been doing. ...

ST MTs, Any News Yet??
Jun 07, 2012

Has anyone heard anything further about the work (or lack of) situation?  Was really low this pay period. ...

CCS News
Sep 02, 2012

Check out the new eligibility requirements for sitting for the CCS that will go into effect on January 1, 2013.  No longer just a high school diploma.  : http://www.ahima.org/downloads/pdfs/certification/Candidate_Guide.pdf   ...

ANY NEWS
Jul 07, 2013

Curious. ...

Fox News And TAA
Aug 29, 2013

Fox News just did a segment on TAA cons/pros... but I missed most of it... anyone see it and have input? ...

TT News
Oct 29, 2014

Any opinions on the news today of office closing? Not many were named as being shifted to working at home. I hope that doesn't mean everyone else was let go. ...

Transcend/MDI News?
Nov 04, 2009

Does anyone know if there is another conference call scheduled soon?  I have not received notification, but it seems there should have been another scheduled for today if they are still doing the every-other-week thing as the last one was 2 weeks ago today.  Also, didn't they say packets would be distributed the first week of November?  ...

Sad News From Vermont
May 26, 2010

http://www.timesargus.com/article/20100526/NEWS02/5260344/1003/NEWS02 Now our job pool is going to get smaller.   :( ...

More India News
Jul 24, 2010

Good morning, In your browser type in india.com and you will get "The Economic Times", one of India's newspapers.  Interesting.  What is even more interesting is to put in CBay up in the search bar (top right side) and watch what comes up.  More information on CBay, but from India's newspaper perspective.  Interesting to say the least.  Always good to get an objective opinion!!  ...

Any News On Acusis?
Aug 08, 2010

Any news on Acusis? I am just wondering if they are worth testing for. ...

Good News!
Apr 05, 2011

McDonald's adding 50,000 new jobs!  Yay!  ...

More MQ News Hot Off The Presses....sm
Sep 20, 2011

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2011/9/20/medquist_pops_on_california_contract ...

Great News For Me!
Jun 29, 2012

My hospital, which we were told in February was going to be outsourcing all of our work to Nuance, backed off and we were informed today that we'll all still continue to be employed!!!!  Oh, Happy Day!  I'm one of the last MTs in the country that still gets paid well, and I was sweating it! ...

Seems Like There's Been More Bad News This Week
Aug 03, 2012

hospitals going to Epic or outsourcing, and MTSOs pulling the plug on their employees.  Am I right?  I wonder if this thing isn't starting to snowball. ...