A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MTSOs posting jobs ads need to be a little more forthcoming with info - Please sm

Posted: Dec 12, 2014

Would it be such a problem to list all aspects, including pay, in the job ads?  MTSOs, could you please not go on and on about how great you are and give us information we need so as not to waste your time and ours?  Why make us jump through the hoops of resume, application, and testing.  This is a very time consuming process, especially since we will apply to more than 1 job? 

In addition to equipment needed, IC/employee, platform, shift, etc., what is your production requirement?  Are there any bonus incentives?  What exactly is your pay for VR and ST?  Why is it such a secret? 

I have seen ads (smaller companies mostly), who will even state the specialties, and whether or  not there are heavy ESLs, and their dictation practices.  These are open and honest ads.  They hide nothing.  They seriously need an MT.  They want them to know what they are getting into.  Anything else is a waste of time and effort for everyone.

I have posted this same request many times. - some comply, some do not. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
especially about the pay. They're pretty tight with that information, but some do let it out.

Yes, the smaller companies will give more information but the bigger ones have recruiters who are paid to waste everyone's time, including their own, with incomplete information. I will state one company who is very good about wasting an MTs time with computer information; they make you go through some sort of computer diagnostic thing, then the recruiter says she's not a computer person, she'll let tech support figure that out.

Then you waste more of your time on the phone or emails trying to figure that mess out with several people at TTS.

Similar Messages:

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...

How Many MTSOs Have Reps Posting On This Board?
May 26, 2012

Yes - I was born at night, but not LAST night. ...

MTSOs That Offshore Posting On Job Board? Why!
Sep 20, 2012

I thought that MTStars.com touted itself as the kind of site that would not aid companies who offshore work - yet they allow Assistmed to post on their job board for management positions?  I know first hand that Assistmed offshores to India.  Disappointed to see this taking hold on here. ...

TTS Jobs Here Posting, 3 Cpl VR And 6 Cpl Typing.
Dec 08, 2012

Merry Christmas--This is where I guess I have to believe in abortion--career abortus--CA--or would that be MTA... ...

SoftScript Posting Jobs For 100 MT
Apr 22, 2013

After 18 months of no problems, and flipping between 6 accounts with the most idiosynchratic site specs, on top of the most outmoded platform, suddenly I don't pass audit, taking off the same error 3 times against me. Their editors and auditors know less than the MTs they are judging; I caught them on 4 different errors. They treat you like toilet paper, so those 100 MTs they need (wonder why?) better change their designations to TPs! ...

Why Does Accentus Keep Posting For Jobs, And Not Just Say It Is Nuance
Jan 03, 2013

That is unfair. They should just advertise under Nuance now.  People might jump to the job thinking it is another company, and come to find out it is Nuance.  This is false advertising. I surely wish Accentus would quit posting job openings. I get excited whenever I see a good job listing then I see it is Accentus/Nuance all over again. Sheesh.  Thanks for listening to my little rant. ...

BABBLETYPE Is Posting Again On The Jobs Board..sm
Oct 21, 2013

I am hopping on this in order to warn newer MTs DO NOT FALL FOR THIS, it is a SCAM!  Don't get burned by this company---they are about as honest as a 3 dollar bill.  Please search archives for info...there are a lot of scams out there now, just another joy of being an MT these days. ...

Is Anyone That Is Posting A Resume Having Any Luck With Finding Jobs. What
Aug 08, 2012

does it seem to take to get a job right now.  Is it working odd shifts or what have you found that is helpful.  I do acute care and prefer IC. ...

RADTRANS, Is Posting An Open Position On MT Jobs
Sep 27, 2012

Just wanted to let everyone know that the above company, RADTRANS, is posting an open position on MT Jobs.  Please think about this if you are considering applying.  Check the archives and see what I mean.  Have a great day everyone!! ...

Not Sure Why Mediscribes Is Posting Jobs Here. They Are An Indian Company.
Nov 18, 2013

then offshore it to India.  They have an office already set up in India.  I really think the management of this site should realize this is fully and completely a functioning Indian company, owned by Indians, staffed by Indians and transcribed by Indians.  Americans are used to establish accounts here and then its outsourced. ...

Re: The Newest Job Posting; No Contact Info, Sm
Sep 25, 2013

and when I tracked the company down and sent in a resume/cover letter, I was told by HR by e-mail that they are not looking for an MT right now, they are fully staffed.  Wazzup with that???????? ...

I Will Keep Posting This Info Until Every Affected MT Sees It
Nov 19, 2014

If you work on Veterans Administration (VA) accounts, you MUST be classified as an employee and earn the appropriate wage determination rate (in the neighborhood of $14 to $20-plus an hour depending on county).  In addition, you must have a separate hourly rate of pay that is applied towards a benefits package. If you are doing this kind of work and are not properly classified or you are not being paid what you're supposed to be paid, REPORT YOUR MTSO TO THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR.   ...

Is There A Way To Make Your Info Stay On The Posting Screens?
Feb 06, 2010

Previously, at least on a couple of these boards, when I replied to a post, my nickname and E-mail automatically showed up.  Now it doesn't show up anywhere and I have to type it every time I post or respond to a post.  Is there a way to make sure that information stays there? Thanks!  Have a great day! ...

The MTSOs Have Found Another Way To Screw Us -- Anyone Have Info On
Apr 26, 2010

Looks like the MTSOs have found a new trick pony.  They tried to screw Medical Transcriptionists out of hard-earned money by trying to implement line counts based on VBC (visible black character), but very few MTs were willing to accept that, so not many MTSOs are still trying to push it.  Now they have found their newest way to screw the MT -- “meeting quality” mandate in order for us to keep the minimum wage we currently make.  Pay is set at .09 for 65 char line wi ...

CURRENT Info Re Diskriter? Any Decent MTSOs? HELP!
Aug 12, 2010

I've been contacted re radiology position with Diskriter.  All the info I've found here on the board is pretty old.  I'm really curious as to what current/past employees think of the company now.  Anyone done radiology for them? Wondering about ESLs, pay rate, flexibility in schedule, NJA - basically all the standard questions we want answered before we make a jump to a company?  Help!  I've been an IC for one hospital for over 10 years but but r ...

Oh, Wait Bayscribe/futurenet Folks...changes Are Forthcoming And We
Mar 19, 2015

nm ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

Where Do I Find The Status Of Jobs And Number Of Jobs?
Nov 26, 2012

I tried entering my ID plus dep on the Fluency for Transcription page and it said my account was inactive.  Okay, so I tried twice with Remedy to get it reactivated.  Both times I got emails telling me it was working.  Tried again and no luck.  Am I on the right page, the one with the hideous orange splash, the same one we use to find our stats?  Any help appreciated, I really don't want to have to call tech support if I don't have to.  Do I even need to d ...

Prn Hem/onc Job Posting
May 08, 2010

Did anyone apply and then hear about the prn job with Audrey's Transcription Service?  Thanks.  ...

Job Posting
May 25, 2010

How can they ask you to work stated hours if you are an IC?  I see this all the time.  They want an employee, full time, but an IC.  Don't understand all that. ...

Just Saw A Posting For GT For $70 An A/h - Now That
Jul 10, 2012

these jobs are out there and this is along the norm.  Don't - DO NOT - buy into the $30 or $45 an a/h baloney.  They are ripping you off.  Yes, I'm back on my soap box LOL. ...

Why Is TT Out Of H. Always Posting Sm
Dec 21, 2013

the same job ad(s) OVER and OVER again? ...

REV.COM Job Posting....
Mar 19, 2014

According to the job posting this company is based in San Francisco.  The stated pay rate averages $241.00 per month.  If I were this company, I would embarrassed to advertise the pathetic pay they give their MTs in one of the most expensive cities in the country.  If it weren't so tragic that there are desperate people out there looking for a job, it would be laughable.  ...

Funny Job Posting...
Feb 19, 2010

This on the job board today: "XXXX is looking for an experienced QA person to start immmediatly. We are also looking for MT's that have expereince in cardiology (esl), er and discharge summary experience." Yes, I think that QA person does need to start "immediatly". ...

Test Posting
Apr 05, 2010

I wrote a long post and it would not go through, despite the fact that I posted one earlier today.  This is just a test. ...

Job Board Posting . . .
May 16, 2010

On-call radiology work for weekends only . . . at 6 cpl!!!!!  Wow.  I hope no one is willing to take something like this. ...

Radiology IC Job Posting
Oct 27, 2010

I noticed that posting and sent an email.  Pretty sure they posted something similar before because my email had saved their address in it.  Never heard back though.  Does anyone remember this besides me?  Did anyone get hired?  Or a call?  Or an interview?  $2.50 a report, for anyone who has never been paid per report, is excellent!  ...

Posting Pet Peeve
Nov 05, 2010

I have a POSTER pet peeve.  When a comment or question is posted about a specific company, why is the original poster likely to never elaborate?  Why are they wasting everyone’s time? What is up with these hit-and-run posts?   Someone makes an outrageous comment or asks a question implying something negative.  Then when you answer and either ask for more information or ask the original poster a question, the original poster is long gone – never to be heard ...

Re Psychiatric MT Job Posting
Feb 23, 2011

Can somebody explain to me how to access this site to take their test?Ftps://ftp.psychtrans.net. ...

TT And The Posting Of An IC Getting Work From TT.
Jun 06, 2011

Concerned about the posting from the Midwestern MT who said she had work to be done from TransTech and here we all are sitting and checking and no work.  Wondering now about this new SWAT team thing.  From what I was told that the 'beast of the business' is they worry about TAT because they have to take a cut in their portion of the line count wages, so they'd rather meet the TAT?  And yes, we are all cross trained pretty much anyway, but they want lightening speed. ...