A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

KEYSTROKES/MEDITECH - larger font - Repost

Posted: Oct 14, 2009

I  rarely post on this board, but I was surprised and dismayed to see the posts below regarding Keystrokes and Meditech accounts and wanted to respond. I have also worked for KS for 4 years.  I am very experienced on many accounts they have using various platforms; Meditech, Docuscribe, Winscribe, ChartScript, and others.  I type, QA, and do training on these accounts, so I feel like I have a pretty good idea of the situation.

Meditech has different builds.  Some of the builds are older than others and more cumbersome to move around in until you are used to them.  However, every account I am associated with has a great spellcheck, gives you the ability to look at old reports for the patient as well as the dictator, and the ability to look at patient information including lab, medications, x-ray reports, et cetera.  To me, this is a wonderful thing! 

The older Meditech platforms are not MS word-based platforms.  They are DOS-based.  However, the best platform ever made (to me) was Word Perfect 5.1, which was also DOS.  Yes, there was transcription before MS Word, and it was good! 

As far as filling in multiple "screens," that is not true.  The demographics have to be filled in, just like with many other platforms.  But, they are very easy to find and it only takes a few seconds to fill them in. 

As far as copy/paste, some Meditech platforms allow it and some don't.  However, they all allow Shorthand to be used.  Once a "sample" is made, it can be inserted anywhere in Meditech.

I don't work for Meditech - but I do train others on it and know it inside and out.  I do like it.  It might be older, but it has gotten better over the years (like some of us).  I would urge you to not listen to the negatives.  Some of the people who are negative are ones who did not work out for other reasons - not because of Meditech.  It is a platform; like any other platform.  There is a learning curve for the platform and the account - then you are responsible for your skills as an MT.

One more thing - Keystrokes does not "count off" for commas.  If QA points out the lack of proper punctuation, it is to be helpful to the MT, not to be picky.  Graded reviews do not give points off for punctuation.  Just FYI.  :) 

I will not get in a spitting contest about any of this.  I just wanted to set the record straight from another perspective.  I love Keystrokes and plan to retire from there.

That's well and good for you, but we like to - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
respond to posts in our own way as well. You can say that it's like Word Perfect all you want, but it really is not.

You forgot to mention the F keys that is a learning curve. It is nothing like Word at all.

I also know Meditech inside and out and also trained people on it, built modules, etc....

You also forgot to mention if the incorrect patient number is put into the dictation system you are using which is most likely a C-phone and that's when the true hunt begins.

I worked on Meditech for many many many years and it never got better. I learned the F keys and could maneuver but thank goodness I was paid hourly or I would have starved!

I currrently work on Meditech Magic for another - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
company and it is the most cumbersome, nonfriendly platform I have ever encountered. I, too, have to go through several screens to actually get to the transcription portion. I'm glad that you like Meditech, but after using better platforms, I find it absolutely awful. I went from DQS working 31 hours a week to Meditech working 40 hours a week and often make less in the 40 hors than I did previously; it is simply because Meditech is aggravating to use.

Word Perfect 5.1 for DOS - clc

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just thinking about how nice things were back when I used Word Perfect 5.1. I think I was on one of the last accounts at MQ that used it, far longer than anyone else. It was a sad day when I had to give it up. Those were the days when transcription was good.

wp 5.1 - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Call me old-fashioned! I still use Word Perfect for my IC contracts. I have all my macros in it and just love the simplicity of the program.

Meditech stinks - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I hate it when people suggest you couldn't hack it at a company. I used to work for KS and I left because of Meditech, and for no other reason, well okay, also my TL was horrible. You'd ask a question and days later you didn't have an answer, or she would have to e-mail someone else to ask them. When she knew things weren't going very well you didn't hear from her and then as much as 2 weeks later she would contact me as if she didn't know anything that was going on. I don't think she is a TL anymore.

Similar Messages:

Keystrokes / Meditech Experience
Sep 18, 2012

Even though I meed all other requirements and would be thrilled to get my foot in the door at Keystrokes, is "must have Meditech experience" a deal breaker for them? ...

Keystrokes - B4, Docuscribe Platform, Meditech, C-phone (requires ULD)
Nov 20, 2009

Could anybody please describe these platforms and which one(s) are the better?    B4, Docuscribe platform, Meditech, C-phone (requires ULD).  Thank you. ...

In An Effort To Assist MedQuist Posters -- SM
Jan 09, 2010

Please see the sticky note at the top of the MedQuist forum.  I have researched information for you to give you some direction.  There are contact instructions/leads on the web pages at the links given.  Please do not contact MTStars for more information.  Contact your local employment office (now called the Department of Workforce Services) for more information. Moderator   ...

Stop The Accusations And Personal Attacks. SM
Jan 25, 2010

If you love VR work and do well with it, great.  However, you must allow those who are not having such success with it to have their own threads and discussions without interrupting.  If you hate VR work and think it is the demise of this career, great.  However, you must allow those who are successful with it to have their own threads and discussions without interrupting. For the threads where someone is asking for assistance with VR, wanting to be more successful, asking for t ...

ALL POSTERS ON NEW MTs BOARD READ
Dec 01, 2009

This specific board is for support of new MTs. Experienced MTs - If you want to slam, be ugly, hateful, etc., to new MTs, go somewhere else.  New MTs - same goes for you. In other words, stop the experienced-vs-new MT wars.  Moderator ...

Those Posters Who Claim DIT Has Not Paid Them - SM
Jan 13, 2010

Please contact me about your unpaid work with DIT.  I want to make sure they resolve their pay issues if they are going to advertise jobs here. Moderator   ...

All Posters Please Read - SM
Jan 23, 2010

First, no one on this board has any clue who the identity of other posters are.  Not one of you.   You cannot assume that any 2 or more posts are by the same poster, even if the same moniker is used.  Second, no one on this board has the right to call anyone else a liar because you don't believe the information they posted.  Doing so will get you banned. Moderator   ...

Please See New Boards! SM
Nov 26, 2009

We have reinstated the following boards that are now available! Coding/Medical Billing WAHM Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues Happy posting! Moderator ...

<font Class=mod>We Need Your Feedback!</font>
Jan 15, 2015

There is an alarming increase in complaints regarding moderation on MTStars boards recently, but please remember: moderators are people too. They sometimes make mistakes and/or have temporary lapses in judgement. Just because they were harsh with you once or made a bad decision that you disagree with doesn't mean that they're bad moderators, that they'll hold a grudge against you, or even that they'll make the same decision a second time. To make moderation more transparent, ...

We Need To Do Something Larger
Sep 05, 2013

and more visible en masse like this folks.   ...

I Suck At Math; Which Is The Larger Number: 0.180 Or 0.250?
Jun 21, 2010

Thanks!  ...

Making Text Larger On Puter
Nov 22, 2011

Can anyone here tell me how to enlarge the text on my puter.  I have forgotten and received a different puter from company.  Thanks in advance. ...

Is Amphion Affiliated With Any Larger Companies
Jan 09, 2013

Is Amphion affiliated with any larger companies, or are they their own entity? Anyone know about how they work, etc? ...

For Larger Print When Reading Forum
Aug 09, 2014

When reading this forum or when on ANY Internet site, if you are having trouble because the print is too small, hold down your Ctrl key while using the scroll on the mouse. Moving the mouse "wheel" up will enlarge the print; moving the mouse wheel down will make it smaller. This pretty much works on anything except for e-mails. Don't forget to keep the Ctrl key held down while you are doing this. ...

Any Informationon Alpha Transcription Or If They Are Part Of A Larger Company. Nm
Jun 13, 2014

nm ...

Font On 7.1
Oct 09, 2012

Hey folks, can someone tell me how to make the font BIGGER on 7.1, LOL.  Old eyes need bigger letters.  Thanks.  ...

There Is Not A FONT Big Enough
Nov 17, 2012

How much I HATE THIS COMPANY ...

Font Question
Feb 05, 2010

I have a question about font-  What font do you all use when typing an office note.  I have been using arial 12, but recently my dr told me it was too heavy...and that I need to downsize it.  He gave me an example of what it should look like but I don't even think this is arial font at all!  Is there a specific font I should be using?  Thanks! ...

Need Shorthand 10 Help With Font . . . .
Feb 19, 2010

Don't know why this is not working . . .  I need to get the "Suggestion Window Font" to a bigger size.  I have changed the font to say Times New Roman 14 and it shows that it changed it in the "Suggestion Window Font" but when I go into my report and run a shorthand word it stays small, never changed.  I got everything else to a bigger font except for this.  I hit "okay" after I changed it. Any suggestions would be appreciated!  Thanks!     ...

Font Size Help!!! (please)
Apr 29, 2010

This isn't directly related to MT, but is in a round-about way.  I've done something to cause my font size in certain areas to be smaller, and it's driving me crazy!  I don't know how to describe exactly where it is happening, but it is the font at the top of the tabs in IE, in the side menu (listing my mail folders) in my Outlook mail, the font in Word at the top of the page (toolbar and file, edit, view, etc.), in some message boxes, etc.& ...

Word Help/need Different Font
Jun 08, 2011

I am supposed to type a report later today in a font that is not available on my Word program. Is there any way to get it without buying a new Word version? I am typing in Word 2000 and need Courier font but all I have is Courier new and that is not acceptable. Any way to get it? Thanks! ...

What Is A Good Font To Use For DQS 7.1
Sep 28, 2012

I am having a really hard time with the Times New Roman, gives me a headache. I was wondering what fonts others have found easier to read? ...

Fluency Font
Apr 14, 2014

Can anybody tell me of a way to change the font in Fluency besides going into "tools" "options" "editor" because that normal way of changing the font is not working and I have been waiting forever for a response to my Remedy ticket.  Somehow the font got changed to really small and my eyes are going crazy. Thanks!! ...

Meditech/EMR
May 23, 2011

I work for a small hospital and we have just recently started typing our H&P's into EMR. The problem with EMR is that it uses Word (not Microsoft Word) and we have no auto correct and no medical spell checker. We were told that we could not get either installed in the EMR. Does anyone know if this is true or not? Also, we were told that we could not cut and paste into the EMR, which is what we had been doing due to no auto correct or spell checker, because it is noncompliance with the H ...

How To Cut And Paste With Same Font As The Document?
Nov 02, 2009

Occasionally, I cut and paste an address of a physician into a letter document, and it pastes with a different font than my letter. I have to highlight that portion and change whatever I pasted in my document to the correct font. Is there a way to make that faster? Slows me down. TIA - Janet ...

Changing Font In Word
Jul 07, 2011

I know I probably should know this, but I can't figure out how to change the font in Word so that it will come up with the same font everytime it is open.  I have an account that needs 11 and mine is 12, so I have to change it for each report and once in a while I forget and, of course, QA jumps on me for that.  So, can anyone tell me where to go on my computer to change the Microsoft Word font to default to 11 so it will be automatic?  I truly appreciate your help in th ...

Font Color/background
Mar 30, 2012

Morning....I have been having a lot of trouble finding a background/font color that does not strain my eyes.  Does anyone have one they love and would not mind sharing?  Thank you much! ...

Changing Font Size
Jul 31, 2012

Now I know this seems like a stupid question, but I need help chaning font size to something not indicated in Word 2003 or Word 2007.    I have typed in the unusual font size but it does not work.   I need 13, 15, and 17 which I do not see as options.  Any help advice appreciated. ...

Changing Font In Editscript???
Nov 24, 2012

I have worked on Editscript for years.  However, the other day I accidentally hit a key while working in a document and it changed the font to something way smaller than I am used to.  I can't for the life of me figure out how to change it.  I went to the home section in Editscript where you change the font and I changed it to what I wanted it to be, but it didn't change and when I went to the next document, it didn't change it either.  How do I make the change ...

What Font & Size Are You Using In Fluency? My
Apr 25, 2013

font changed on it's own from yesterday to today, and I don't like the new one.  Does anyone have any favorites?  Not a burning question, but just curious what everyone's using.   ;) ...