A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Inscribe new hires, anyone working? - Did I make a mistake?

Posted: Oct 15, 2014

I did read the negative comments here but decided to give Inscribe a try anyway.  I was hired Sunday 10/4 and told I'd be working Monday 10/5. 

One of the reasons I accepted was that I thought I could get a paycheck/deposit this month...nope.  Last day of pay period is today. 

Today is Wednesday 10/15 and I'm still not working.  Delay at every turn.  I've typed ONE report on FDE through SPOE (no idea what those stand for, the person overseeing me said didn't know).  Waiting for corrections, over 24 hours later.  I've asked if I should be on a different account and they "need me here."  Doing nothing?  WTF? 

Anyone else now or in the past in the same boat? 

Working like crazy - Tandy

[ In Reply To ..]
You're kidding me, right? I'm a newer MT and working a lot. I don't have acct access yet either so they set me up another way. I recommend you call the recruiter lady, and speak to her.

working like crazy - wiseoldwoman

[ In Reply To ..]
Here you state you're a newer MT yet in a post from a few weeks ago you say you've been there for 2 years so which is true?

wow - really? - Tandy

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a newer MT (not tons of years of experience). I have worked 2 years at partial (now called 50% status) with InScribe. I just moved to a new acct that came on board. There is a lot of work but I don't have a log on for that acct yet.

They have a recruiter who takes care of people who have problems with sign ons.

But WOW, that's all you got from my message? How about helping the MT who said she did not get started yet instead?

CALL the recruiter or placement person. They can get you going. Don't want to do that? Call the owner. She will get you going.

Hope it gets better for you :-) - Former Inscriber

[ In Reply To ..]
They seem to have communication issues in "senior management." It would be nice if their right hand knew what their left hand was doing. Hope you get up and going soon and move up the production tier so you can get above 0.065/line.

Not kidding... - DIMAM?

[ In Reply To ..]
Nope, for my assigned primary I'm getting emails saying "we're swamped, everyone jump in and help" and I'm sitting here with my thumb up my a$$ waiting for feedback on my first report (well over 24 hours old) so I can type my second report, and not getting replies to my emails asking WTF.

I've turned down 2 other job offers and 2 testing opportunities, and wasted hours reading their style guide and account specifics and getting things set up...

And nada.

I'm not wasting time filling out a pay sheet for the < $2.00 I've "earned" so far; it'll take me more than $2 worth of my time to figure out how to do that.

I'm so frustrated right now! Well over a decade of experience...rural living and a satellite/cell ISP...children and a need for flexibility in scheduling...all adds up to can't find work for crap :(

I've read on this board that Inscribe is now really Nuance. - If so, that explains everything...

[ In Reply To ..]
...and I am truly sorry you are going through this.

As I understand it, Nuance owns many companies that still advertise that are now "acquired" by them but just not fully integrated.

If this is, in fact, true, then I truly feel sorry for you.
Inscribe the company is not Nuance - in the know
[ In Reply To ..]
The transcription platform Emdat Inscribe is now owned by Nuance.

As far as the wait to start working for Inscribe, well you were warned in the prior posts you read. This is typical. For some MTs it takes months to really get started. If you really want to work for them, then head straight to the top and bypass all the managers, trainers, installers, etc. and send an email to the owner.
So is there any company left... - DIMAM?
[ In Reply To ..]
...that has a system that works with satellite/cell internet, that allows freedom in scheduling, and that pays reasonably well and promptly?

I'm good with crazy or whatever as long as there's work.

Been there, done that - Bitsie

[ In Reply To ..]
All I will say is it was one of the most disorganized companies I have ever worked.

InScribe ex-employee - ex-employee

[ In Reply To ..]
You made a HUGE mistake taking a job for InScribe. They are AWFUL. The owner tells you one thing and then the next day changes it. She is always threatening people with their jobs if they are not working 7 days a week 24 hours a day. The pay sucks. I just quit 2 weeks ago and I am so thankful I did.

Inscribe new hires.. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You should have paid attention to the negative comments here about InScribe. The company is as bad, if not worse, than what has been commented numerous, numerous times here. I worked for them briefly, a few weeks. I left because it was downright scary the antics of the owner. However, I did not learn my lesson. I chose, like you, to ignore the negative posts (who can find any that are positive?) about Nuance. Took a job. All the negative comments posted are true. When I search a company on this board, if there is a balance between positive and negative, then I always think every person's situation is different. If there is an abundance of negative posts and really nothing positive to be said, beware.

Inscribe new hires - Former Inscriber

[ In Reply To ..]
I think the fundamental problem with InScribe is the way they advertise for new MTs. They say you can work how much or how little you want. The problem is that they are so understaffed that they really require everybody to work 24/7. Then, the owner starts threatening people every other day to work more. This gets old very fast and the new MTs just quit. I worked there for several years and trust me, it does not get any better. There came a point in time that I could no longer stand the threats any longer let alone the constant automated phone calls (not sure if they still do that but getting a phone call from a live voice is not much better in my opinion). Be honest with people and tell them you are looking for people who will put in a lot of hours (full-time) and once they are staffed with this type of MT, the harassment and threats will stop.

Wish I were getting harrassed to work more - DIMAM?

[ In Reply To ..]
Rather than the reverse...I mean, I'm getting the emails, but I can't work until I'm through the training, and now waiting over 48 hours for response on first dictation. I'm outta there!

Wish I were getting hasrrassed to work more - Former Inscriber

[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately, I feel that the lack of sufficient staff is also responsible for your standstill. I would suggest you contact the person who recruited you by email or instant message and relay the situation. Sometimes, they have no idea what is actually going on as it usually someone that works on the account that is responsible for training you.

Inscribe - an

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep. It took me almost a month before I actually started working with all the delays:(

Reply by email and I can help. - Happy InScriber

[ In Reply To ..]
We need to figure out what the problem is with not receiving feedback and such. Reply by email and I can help. The account I am on tonight is swamped and in need of help. There is no reason you should not be able to get through FDE and move on to work.

Similar Messages:

Inscribe- Recent New Hires
Jul 26, 2013

Has anyone recently been through Inscribe's "intake process"?  I sent paperwork in and have not been contacted yet by manager or trainer.  I read older posts that said it could take several weeks to hear a response or they may never call at all.  Some folks said they just gave up.  I am just wondering if anyone has been recently through this process that can shed some light.  Thanks.  ...

Anyone Working For Inscribe In KY?
Mar 13, 2010

Has anyone heard of, working for or previously worked for InScribe out of Kentucky? Just curious what your experience has been with them. Thanks!! ...

Who's Currently Working For Inscribe?
Nov 05, 2013

Who's currently working for Inscribe?  Do you like it?  Is it hard to meet their requirement of 99%?  Do you truly find that using their system (i.e. Dragon) enables you to get a better line count?  What about the management?  TIA!! ...

Question About Emdat/Inscribe And Up Arrow Not Working
Nov 18, 2013

Has anyone else ever had their up arrow not respond while in the text area of the platform?  It works fine in other areas of the program like the dropdown menus, but I can only get it to work sometimes, but more times not, in the text area.  It's not my keyboard because it works fine in all other programs.  ...

InScribe/EMDAT Configure Foot Pedal Not Working
Dec 21, 2014

I am so frustrated with EMDAT. I go in and click on "Configure USB foot pedal" and nothing happens. The second screen that says press play, rewind etc. never shows up. Seems something is always wrong with their software and wouldn't you know they are not available on weekends for tech support. Anyone have any suggestions? ...

Inscribe - Experience/knowledge Of Inscribe.us?
Feb 19, 2011

Anyone have any experience/knowledge of Inscribe.us?  I am about to get offered a job with them for either straight transcrition or VR editing?  Their line rate seems to be very good for both. ...

Hires New MTs
Jul 02, 2010

In my ongoing search to find a job, I came across this company that I thought I would pass along. It is Northeast Transcription Inc. and their site says they hire new grads (within the past 6 months). You have to be able to stand on your own from the start - there's no mentoring or special support, but it would be worth checking into. Good luck. ...

To All You New Hires
Oct 04, 2012

I wish I could be happy for you; however, the MTs on my account have been out of work for the better part of the week and we were informed recently of the plan for the company to add more MTs to this account. Great, more of us sitting around out of work. Welcome to the company. ...

New Hires At AHD
Feb 13, 2014

Any of you folks started working for them yet?  ...

New Hires
May 04, 2015

I notice in their multiple job postings that Nuance mentions "a steady flow of work" and a "sign on bonus"..... I am just wondering how many of you new hires out there have actually seen this bonus come to fruition....or the steady flow of work??? ...

MQ Recent Hires...
Dec 29, 2010

So did anyone who trained in the last month start working yet?  How's it going?  Any insight to offer those of us still waiting to start?  I'm kinda freaked out at everything I read here and I truly should stop reading it; however, it's like a train wreck I can't seem to look away long enough to give myself perspective.  Add to that that I'm already depressed for other reasons and things are not looking so hot in my neck of the woods on any level.&nbs ...

Does Anyone Know If MQ Hires PT MMEs?
Feb 16, 2011

x  TIA ...

SoftScript Hires IC's?
Aug 12, 2011

Does anyone know if SoftScript hires IC's?  Thanks! ...

Does Anybody Know If Keystrokes Only Hires
Sep 06, 2011

full-time positions or do they have part-time positions as well?  TIA ...

Transtech Hires IC's
Sep 18, 2011

Can anyone tell me if Transtech hires IC'S?  Thanks! ...

Anybody Know If Transcend Hires P.R.N.? Nm
Jan 09, 2012

X ...

So MM Is Offering 7 And 3 To New Hires Now??
Apr 18, 2013

As per the post below, 7 and 3 pennies per line.  Seriously, when will the madness end?! They have got to stop treating us like "typists." Actually, even a typist would make more than that.  You'd be making like 7 bucks an hour!! Oh I am just hopping mad right now. This company is just appalling.  Glad I am planning my escape. ...

Medical Ink New Hires
Mar 31, 2014

I was wondering if any of you have had work yet on the account that starts with K and is in CA.  I have not had any yet and made my hours in the early morning until early afternoon.  Thinking I may have to switch but will give it some time for the dust to settle so to speak since it is a new account.   ...

New Hires At Patient First?
Jun 22, 2014

Anyone recently hired by Patient First?  How long did the whole process take?  It seems like things are moving really slow. ...

Medscribe New Hires.. How Is It Going?
Nov 02, 2014

Anyone willing to tell how they like working there?  Does there seem to be enough work? QA seem fair? any info helpful. thanks. ...

What Is IMedx Like For New Hires?
Dec 18, 2014

Is anyone willing to share their experience with iMedx and what it was like for you starting out? What is their QA like, are they nit-picky & did it take a long time to be released from QA to live work? How is pay? Is it easy to obtain a decent line count? Do they micromanage or leave you be to work? Thanks! PS - I know there are tons of recent threads on them, but none of them address my questions. I am hoping to hear about experiences as a new employee. ...

Twenty New Hires
May 24, 2015

My supervisor tells me today that her supervisor greenlit the hiring of 20 new team members for an account that never materialized.  Genius...  Who is managing this company?  Is there NO COMMON SENSE?  I sure hope those new hires are ready to fight the rest of the team for the smattering of work we get.  I have never in my life worked for a company that makes so many poorly researched decisions when it comes to staffing, not to mention the BS invention of the Deathstar P ...

Oracle New-hires, Have You Started Yet?
Oct 05, 2010

I have received zero info about the new account the new hires are for. Anyone else?  Is lack of communication a problem? ...

Did Any Of The New Hires With Aero Start Yet? Nm
Feb 16, 2011

Is This Legal For A Company Who Hires IC's? Sm
May 07, 2011

We are REQUIRED to fill out a monthly schedule (on Bayscribe) telling how many lines we plan to do each day. I have talked to others who have missed working on a day they said they were going to on the schedule, and the management has confronted them about that. We are IC's. That isn't legal, is it? ...

Recent Hires For Keystrokes
Jun 27, 2011

How long did it take from the date of signing your contract until you were assigned an account and were actually trained and then working?  Are you getting responses when you try to reach your contact person?  Did you have problems with the technical things getting installed?  This has been the most frustrating and slow process I have ever encountered.  ...

How Is It Going For New Hires At Cypress Medical? Nm
Aug 10, 2012

nm ...

Does MM Still Give Their Computers To New Hires
Mar 25, 2013

Just wondered if they still do that. I have one of their old computers but heard that now you have to provide one for yourself. ...

New Hires From Precyse - Wanna Tell How Is It Going?
Jul 16, 2013

I know they have been hiring lately.  Can you share your experience with them so far? ...

Does Anyone Know If MD-IT Hires IC Or Employee Status?
Jan 19, 2014

Does anyone know if MD-IT hires IC or employee status?  Any info on this company would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you :-) ...