A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

FUTURENET TECH NOT PAYING - MT

Posted: Jan 28, 2011

Did anyone else get the run around from the accounting department at FutureNet Tech today?   They normally pay every other Friday but when no deposit showed up and I inquired, the accounting department first said it would be a little later that normal then when pressed further for exactly when should I expect the pay I have been promised (promised to be paid today!) I was told it would be available tomorrow.   This is not a good sign and while I would rather like to believe that someone there has made a terrible error (and hopefully gets at least a warning), would hate to think that this company is going down the tubes.   Did not even get an apology for any inconvenience!

FUTURENET TECH PAY - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
To whoever emailed - No, I did not get a return phone call from accounting. I did get a note that the deposit will be there tomorrow. So, I guess a person would have to give them a benefit of a doubt on that. If it is not there, I am sure there are lawyers looking for class action suits as this obviously affects more than one person. Taking the high road, I will count on the deposit being there tomorrow. It is an inconvenience to say the least - especially when a person has to work 80 hours a week to make a decent living and then not get paid on time.

Wow...please post an update - MM

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm glad I don't work there anymore. I hope you get paid.

Futurenet pay - Ceebee

[ In Reply To ..]
I spoke with a supervisor at Futurenet yesterday and was assured the funds would be available to me today. They are not. Did anyone else get their direct deposit?
No FN direct deposit today - Anon.
[ In Reply To ..]
No direct deposit today either. I would assume because it is not a "business day". If not there first thing Monday a.m., we all have a serious problem.
It won't be there first thing Monday.. - MM
[ In Reply To ..]
There is no way it will be there first thing on Monday because Sunday is not a business day.

If the deposit was processed on Friday, it would be showing up today.

Banks are not open on Sunday, so there is no way it will show up on Monday morning.
True... - anon3
[ In Reply To ..]
If it's not there today and the funds were actually released on Friday, chances are it won't post until Tuesday.
Not the way most banking works - not a teller but
[ In Reply To ..]
Back-office transactions made after 2 or 3 in the afternoon on Friday don't show up again until Monday. These are checks that clear, direct deposits, etc.

You *could* call your bank and ask if the deposit has been made and is not showing up but you can't ask a teller, they will see the same thing you are, you'd have to ask to speak to someone with higher account privileges.
This is true except for one thing.... - anon3
[ In Reply To ..]
... how my bank explained it to me...

any transaction, credit or debit, done after the Federal Reserve closes (2 or 3, as you said) will post the following business day. Monday is treated like a Saturday in the banking world, so most likely the deposit won't be available until Monday at midnight, or Tuesday in the real world.

FUTURE NET PAY - ANON 2

[ In Reply To ..]
To both of the above people. I can understand being upset. I din't get my paycheck either. Class action suit?? Are you crazy? If your lights go out do you sue the light company? This is an ELECTRONIC age we live in. Things happen. I've been with FN for several years and this has never happened before. Nothing like stirring up the pot to cause trouble. I'm glad one of you is gone and I hope the other makes a hasty exit so you can both sit at home and watch the cartoon channel.

I'd be upset too! - wimt

[ In Reply To ..]
When you're living paycheck to paycheck...not saying OP does, but many of us do...not getting your deposit on the day expected can be devastating. It would be nice for it to be no big deal, but unfortunately it is.
It is a big deal...... - AmMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for a company that always paid on time, then one time I was not...got lots of excuses why...and then the next time, no check...lots of excuses again...well, guess what, none of us got our money! Not ever....so yes, there is reason to have great concern here.
FN PC - anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
Read my message. I didn't say it WASN'T a big deal but you don't say your leg is broken because you bumped your toe. I don't like people who purposefully get on a forum like this to cause problems and start rumors. I live from payday to payday also. I had bills to pay too but I'm not going to call the Homeland Security or the Justice Department. This was a glitch. My bank was shut down because of snow and ice a couple weeks ago, so who are you going to call when that happens? This whole discussion is ridiculous.
How do you know it was a glitch? Why no mass email? - MM
[ In Reply To ..]
If it was a glitch, why did FN not send out a mass email letting employees know that it was a glitch? The OP had to contact payroll to ask about it and still was not given a straight answer. Missing paychecks is a very serious problem in my opinion. You are entitled to your opinion as well. If the OP chooses to post here about the issue, he/she has every right.
I agree - anon3
[ In Reply To ..]
an email would have been appropriate

Why the nastiness ANON 2 - -

[ In Reply To ..]
This industry has a real problem when it comes to pay - that simply cannot be denied. We are glad you have not experienced it but so many have with very real consequences.
Paychecks - anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
Let me put this in perspective for you who just don't get it. Do you have a job? Do you have food? Do you go shopping for things you don't really need? Do you have a roof over your heads? Your paycheck was late. There is no government conspiracy. There are no black helicopters flying around. At least you have a paycheck coming in. So many people do not have that luxury, do not have a home, do not have groceries and still make it without griping and complaining. Sometimes these things happen. I was told what was going to happen with the paycheks. No one owes me an email. To my knowledge it wasn't everyone anyhow. I only see maybe 3 people here who were affected. At least it saved me money today. I found I could get along without whatever I had in mind. Good grief Charlie Brown - GET A GRIP. If you have a problem with other companies address that issue with them. One time does not make a crisis or basis for stupid threats about lawsuits. Just think about what you have and what others do not have. You are inconvenieced for one day. They've been doing without for many, many months. Put it in perspective.
Did not get mine either.... - jm
[ In Reply To ..]
I did not get mine today either, and I don't usually get on here and complain about anything; however, when a company expects you to notify them of when you will/will not be available on any given day, an email stating I would not get paid today would have been nice....
To Anon2 - MM
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you really think that all FN employees visit this site and post here?

The thing about not getting a check on time is...you don't know for sure if you will ever get it. So, the people who did not get a check don't "know that they have one coming."

Even if it was only one employee who did not get paid, FN should reach out to all affected workers with an explanation and let them know (HONESTLY) when they will get their money.

It is irresponsible and unprofessional for FN to not notify the affected workers.

How do you know it wasn't everyone? Since you are so cool with not getting paid, surely you did not contact anyone at FN to ask about the situation.
FN - anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
In anwer to your nosy request. I did contact them. And by my past experience with them, I was satisfied with the explaination I got. I don't deal with the the lame rumors on this board and I don't deal with Chicken Little attitudes. I won't get my check unil Monday because my bank is closed on Saturday. You all are totally pathetic sliming someone for one incident. Go somewhhere else and work. If you distrust FN, then I suggest you find another place to work. I didn't like what happened either, but it did. Life goes on. So go do something useful like washing dishes or something.

Didn't get mine either - anon3

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

FutureNet Tech - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a deposit today on Saturday, so not sure why everyone else does not have theirs. I have trouble believing there was a "glitch" in the system as I was given three different reasons as to why the deposit was not there on Friday - two of the reasons given by the same person, totally contradicting herself! Either someone made a serious error at FN or FN is in serious trouble. No, not trying to make trouble - just putting out a beware sign - and anyone who posts here saying they are comfortable with having just worked their behind off for two weeks and not get paid for it as promised either is a liar or is working there at FN trying to put this fire out. I have seen this before - not with FN - but definitely is an eye opener and something to be aware of.

I'm not on direct deposit, rcv'd check in mail today like always - CaliGirl

[ In Reply To ..]
I have received my check every Saturday since I started 2 years ago except for when there is a holiday, then I'll get it on Monday. I'm in California but way up north from the main office, so this is pretty quick. I've been lucky USPS is so fast, I know it! I guess that is why I never went for direct deposit.

This leads me to believe that the problem was a bank/timing issue, not one of funds being avail. Oh the check is denoted "cash in bank" so I'm not worried about it bouncing.

I am so sorry for all of you that didn't receive your deposit on time. I do think this is very premature (immature also IMO) of those of you who posted opinions about financial problems at the company. That is slanderous and paranoid.

I've dealt with accounting before and found they were quick to respond... but I was courteous and professional in my inquiry so maybe that is why.

FN paycheck - anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
At last, a voice of sanity. Thanks for speaking up. I feel like I've been shoveling manure against the wind!!!! I work for FN. I am not one of the powers that be, I am just an MT but I hate rumor mongers. Good post.

FutureNet pay - jr

[ In Reply To ..]
I, too, received my check on time like I usually do. I have worked at FN for 3 years and they have never missed a check.

Similar Messages:

FutureNet Tech
Dec 16, 2014

I was hired by FNT a couple of months ago and have found their editing platform less than ideal as it relates to production.  It's awkward and cumberson, allowing neither keyboard or mouse proficiency; it's a bad combination of both. I'm wondering if anyone out there has worked at FutureNet and found the secret to making money with their no-name platform that's Word based but does not allow auto-correct and has reassigned Word keyboard commands for their own use. Also, ...

FutureNet Tech Direct Deposit
Jan 28, 2011

Anyone else not get paid via direct deposit today? The gal in payroll has not replied to my email and wondering what is going on.  ...

Futurenet Group Vs Futurenet Technologies
Jul 15, 2011

FutureNet Technologies is based out of California.  Futurenet Group is separate and apart from but using a similar name.  Be aware and do your homework people. ...

Advice Please - EKG Tech/EMR Tech
Jan 13, 2015

For anyone out there working in these fields, I would love a little advice, please.  I am able to take a program in either EKG tech or EMR tech.  I just do not know which to choose!  The programs are through a local college and both prepar for certification exams.  I am interested in both, however, it is a matter of which has the better opportunity to obtain a job.  Thank you. :) ...

Futurenet Group/FutureNet
Jun 09, 2010

Is the ad for Futurenet Group the same company as FutureNet?  ...

Paying For Course
May 28, 2013

Has anyone found any type of loan to pay for your coding programs at Andrews or Career Step that has lower payments than the school payment plans? I'm not saying their price is unreasonable. I just can't afford the payments or to pay outright.   Thanks, Kat ...

We Will All End Up Paying For Benchmark KB Etc!!!!
Mar 11, 2010

So we are all expecting to get the Benchmark KB etc etc....but did anyone but me notice that it says for 2010? I will bet that that means we will have it free for the remainder of 2010 and then have to pay something to keep it after 2010. ...

SS Paying Early
Jan 21, 2011

Waiting with baited breath for someone to repost all of the SS pays early testimonies.  cracking me up - its always good to laugh uncontrollably. anyone ever read a P&P manual? ignorance is bliss.  ...

Paying To Being An MT - Worth It?
Jul 18, 2011

Hello forum users! I am currently very interested in the MT field.  I am a fast typist, excellent speller, I have a good grasp of grammar, etc.  I am eyeing a course offered online, it seems professional and excellent and all that.  The whole thing seems perfect for me!  I would like to work from home and make my own hours while doing this. However, I recently spoke to a neighbor who is an MT, and she is losing her job to a machine.  She also claims that her MT friend ...

Any Companies Paying 9 Cpl Or Above? Sm
Oct 05, 2011

I've been looking at the job ads and have noticed a trend of very low cpl being offered.  Are there still any companies out there paying 9 or above?  I'm tired of wasting my time testing for companies only to find out during the interview process that they're only willing to pay 7 or 8 cpl.  Thanks! ...

Is The Q Paying Every Other Friday Now?
Dec 27, 2011

It used to be twice a month so I'm wondering if the every other Friday is true?  TIA ...

Is 3-T Paying For Windows 7 Pro?
Oct 16, 2012

I have to pay for it and yet others hired for 3-T say the company is paying for it.  Interesting.... ...

You'd Think They Would Get Tired Of Paying So Much UE
Jan 20, 2013

Wouldn't that give somebody in payroll or human resources a CLUE that there is a problem? ...

Not Paying For Spaces
Feb 04, 2013

I've seen it posted in various threads that companies are not paying for typing spaces. I can't get my head around that. What's their rationale? It's a keystroke, just like any letter or number. ...

Best Paying Jobs
Mar 01, 2014

I have been a working MT since 1989.   I make $400-500 a week.   I work approximately 6 hours  a day for this.    Is this an accurate pay?    I would like to hear from other MTs and what are the best paying companies to work for.    ...

Paying Taxes As An IC?
Feb 24, 2015

I recently started working as an independent contractor for a transcription company and understand that I have to take care of the tax side of it myself. I'm new to this and am not sure what I need to do as far as paying taxes go. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! ...

Paying Taxes, I'm Freakin Out
Feb 24, 2010

I am about to do my taxes for 2009.  I had a bunch of money saved up to pay them, but I fell on hard times (little to no typing jobs) and had to use that money to pay bills.  What is going to happen?  I made 11,000 last year.  How much can I expect to owe?  What if I don't have the money????? ...

Not Paying For Spaces...how Many Other Companies Now Do This?
Jun 28, 2011

My company is no longer including spaces in the line count.  The line rate has gone up a bit, but not enough to compensate for that loss in the character count. (My line count  has dropped drastically.)  Are other companies going to this new method of compensation?  I know several years ago, when I first starting MT, there was a lot of "stink" about some companies only counting "black" characters, and those were the companies everyone stayed away from.  Ju ...

Highest Paying Companies?
Nov 07, 2011

Hi MTs, Does anyone have information on the hightest paying companies?  9, 10, 11, 12 cpl?  Thanks for your input.  $20 to $25 an houir?  Is it true that voice editing is the pits? ...

Paying A Company To Work For Them?
Mar 05, 2012

I have never heard of this before.  They take money out of every paycheck (no matter how long you work for them) to pay for licensing fees?  What's up with this? ...

Exactly WHEN Did They Stop Paying Holidays?
Jun 04, 2012

I was hired last December.   I could have sworn the recruiter said "7 paid holidays" and 25% pay increase (1 cpl increase - big friggin whoop) for working a holiday.  ...

Where Are The Good Paying Positions?
Jun 29, 2012

I did not spend 35 years doing transcription to take a job paying 5, 6 or 7 cpl.  I would rather be a greeter at Walmart than to sink this low.  What the devil is happening in the transcription world.  It seems like all MTSOs are going bonkers. ...

Fox Transcribe And Not Paying After Termination
Jul 16, 2012

GRRRRR!!!! Just venting about this company and their lack of communication and not paying in a timely manner.  Last week, I did approximately 4-5 jobs for them.  One was EXTREMELY difficult and probably the job that got me termated.   Pay was supposed to be in today via Paypal.  Called the office and spoke to "M," whom of course, gave me the same "song and dance" that he pretty much just handled clients.  Sent an email to tech support, trying to get answers to no av ...

Due To The Difficulty Of The Account, They Are Paying
Aug 28, 2012

4.5 for editing and 8 for ST?!?!  They think that is a good pay rate apparently!!  I wish that place had a dislike button!! ...

Has Anyone Checked With A Lawyer About MM Not Paying For CCs And
Nov 26, 2012

demos when we're required to spend time searching and entering them?  How can we be required to spend hours and hours a week searching & entering "required" information but not be paid for that time or those lines?  Would it be a labor lawyer? ...

For All Who Would Suggest Not Paying For An MT Program
Dec 28, 2012

So for those here who would suggest not paying for an MT program and I definitely understand why what would you suggest as the way to get any type of experience so that I might have a better chance to get an MT job ? Even part time would be helpful at this point ! ...

Maybe MM Figures They Might Be Paying UE Anyway To Employees,
Feb 27, 2013

the time they will be paying UE.  If they fire ya, eventually UE will run out.  If they keep you as an employee, UE could go on a long time, on and off.  Maybe this says nothing good about the overall work situation, if they are willing to let MTs go.  It means TAT is easier to meet with fewer MTs and if they are willing to pay UE to ex-employees, tells me they know they will never have need of them again and eventually UE will run out. ...

Best Paying Company That Will Take New Grads?
Jul 10, 2013

x ...

Paying By Gross Line
Oct 16, 2013

Does anyone know companies that pay by gross line? ...

MTSO's - Why Do None Of You Ever Post Your CPL You Are Paying
Dec 31, 2013

Seriously.   Why do you withhold this information?   Would it not make more sense to post that right at the start so people know if they are even willing to test with you? It wastes your time, doesn't it, to review tests and resumes if your pay rate is not acceptable to people?    Or it wastes someone else's time to grade the tests,  then wastes the hiring person's time to review the information and make an offer if someone knows they won't ...