A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Did anyone else happen to get a followup email from Pamela Haffner at VMR? - nm

Posted: Jun 02, 2010

nm

a friend did - ic2

[ In Reply To ..]
The thanks but we're filled email?

VMR-Transfer - kinda long-sorry

[ In Reply To ..]
I received a reply this morning (I was one of the original people who never received any follow up to my questions after being offered a job and contract). This is basically the email I received:

We were hopeful that we would be able to quickly generate a significant amount of new transcription work from the veterinary medical community. We're embroiled now in discussions about the viability of voice recognition systems as well as the other technology issues and this will likely drag on through the summer.

Unfortunately -- for all of us -- we will not be able to provide you with any work assignments at the present time. Nevertheless, as our client base and workload continues to increase, we would be glad to contact you at some point in the future. We would greatly appreciate it if you could stay in touch and ensure that we always have up-to-date contact information for you.

I fully realize that you're eager to find a source of additional income in the meantime.

In view of your skills and the drive and ambition you've demonstrated, I'd be glad to introduce you to one of my business advisors who could tell you how to expand your own work-from-home business, if you're interested. He has found a niche in the health and wellness industry that is growing exponentially (in spite of the economy!) and is doing quite well. I've learned a lot from him and will be focusing somewhat more on the business opportunities that he's discovered in the near future. Nevertheless, I still hope that the market and demand for our veterinary medical transcription services will grow, even though it's frustrating right now.

If you would like to connect with him to learn more about how he's making money, let me know.

Thanks once again for your interest in VMR-Transfer.

Kind regards,

Pamela Haffner, RVT/MT

Anyone have any thoughts??

YEP!!!!! THAT"S IT!!!!!! - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
What is THAT all about??? I got the same thing!!!
red flags! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
business opportunities, making money.....

puleeese!

Sounds like a 'come-on' scheme and there was never really any jobs - I would run from it

[ In Reply To ..]
I really dislike that kind of thing.

Really tacky... - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I think that was pretty tacky (and unprofessional) of her to be plugging her "friend's" biz opp to her prospective applicants who have waited a significant amount of time to hear from her. Obviously, if you're applying for a job, that usually means you really need money and more than likely do not have money to invest in a business (which is never guaranteed income). I'm sure it will benefit and her "friend" greatly if you did join but in my opinion, it was not the best judgment on her part and seemingly shady.

Meant to say benefit her and her "friend" if you joined...nm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

The thing IS, if you remember correctly, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
people were calling her a hoax back then when she never replied to anyone's email after "hiring" them. She got on and argued with everyone that she was not a hoax, but she has kind of lost her credibility, I would say.

I got that same exact email! - scam

[ In Reply To ..]
I never received any response after sending a resume until this one about "unforeseen delays" and then she went on about her friends business, blah, blah. Definitely a big scam!!

VMR-Transfer - kinda strange

[ In Reply To ..]
Earlier in May, there was a thread about VMR-Transfer and everyone saying they couldn't get basic questions answered and that VMR Transfer was a scam, and then Pamela Haffner (the supposed owner of VMR-Transfer) posted several times saying that it was definitely not a scam and she was just getting her business started. I think this was definitely some kind of scam, though I don't really know what she was trying to do with it. Was she really just getting clients for her "friend's" business? Definitely strange. I hope that the people who sent back the contract asking for our SSNs and other personal info don't have any identity theft issues.

I would be interested in knowing if those people received the same email.

It was pretty elaborate, was it not? - All that protesting and posting

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll give her that much, if it's a scam (which I pretty strongly feel it is), she certainly went above and beyond in laying some groundwork beforehand. I didn't apply, but I read her posts defending her "business," etc., and wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt but...

Yeah, I think it was a total scam, just a little more craftily scripted than the usual scammers that post here.

Similar Messages:

To Me2 Followup On ASR
Jun 18, 2010

Well, in trying a couple of your suggestions, I find it did not make a substantial difference.  I found I already try listening ahead and I had been using ctrl M to jump around the report when I need to, but never works for going faster through the actual report because I can't tell what is background gibberish while the dictator is thinking and what might be the dictator.  Leading me to believe it must have a lot to do with the account.  I can never go too far ahead of the d ...

Followup Or Follow-up
Jan 21, 2010

when not used as a verb is it hyphenated or one word? ...

Followup To AccuMed Job...
Apr 22, 2010

Has anybody who applied for the work comp orthopedic job from AccuMed got a response yet?  I'm just following up from last week when no one, including myself, had gotten a reply to their application/resume.  Thanks. ...

Followup Vs. Follow Up
Sep 11, 2010

Is follow up one word or two, such as "the patient returns for follow up of right knee pain."  Half the girls I work with do it one way and I have always done it as two words.  I would just like to know who is correct.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Followup Or Follow Up
Mar 01, 2011

Help guys!  I have been working with numbers all day, which is not my cup of tea!  I am totally brain dead right now.  If the doctor states the patient is to have cardiology followup, it would be followup, or is it follow up?  ...

Followup .... Follow Up
Feb 01, 2012

Like to share a link about when to use followup and when to use follow up! ...

Follow Up Vs Followup ...
Apr 24, 2012

whats your opinion for the sentence below? "I plan to see him in followup/follow up in 6 months." the doc prefers it one way whereas i'm pretty sure I know which one it should be...can i get your opinion?... ...

Interview Followup
Dec 27, 2012

It's been a long time since I interviewed face-to-face, as I did today at a hospital, and I am wondering if I should follow up with a thank you note for their time; what do you think?  ...

Follow Up Or Followup
Jan 09, 2013

It's always the little things that snag me up.  I know the rules on follow up as a verb  and followup as a noun and adjective, but when a doc says, "CHIEF COMPLAINT:  Follow up acne", does he mean "recheck acne" which would make follow up a verb and thus spelled follow up, or does he mean "here for a followup of acne"? and thus the followup spelling.  What is the general rule on this "shortened" statement? Thanks. ...

Followup Vs Follow Up
Feb 28, 2013

Does anyone have a good way to explain the difference in how to use them? ...

Shall We Have A Redo Of Followup?
Mar 26, 2013

I think it is a ridiculous thing to lose points over, but I am INSISTING that the way I typed this sentence is correct:   The patient returned to the cancer center for followup of her metastatic cancer.   Isn't "returned" the verb in this sentence?  I am adamant that followup should be one word here, but I am being told it should be "The patient returned to the cancer center for follow up of her metastatic cancer".  This is making me crazy.  The explanation I r ...

Landmark Followup
Apr 01, 2013

I am just curious to know if everyone was placed on other accounts or not after losing your account.  I am still waiting to be put on another account, but I am looking for more work.  Thanks ...

Cardiology Followup
Jun 18, 2013

"She was hospitalized April 9 with ____ with hip fracture with open reduction and internal fixation and then, several days into hospitalization, she developed mild stroke with facial droop."  Sounds like "nonsacable 4".  I have no idea and would appreciate any help.  He says the same word/words later in the report, "Prior history of transient blood pressure drops and ____."  TIA ...

Followup With A Company.
Jul 24, 2013

Last night I had a company call me because they were interested in me working for them. I had taken the test about 2 weeks prior. My question is how long should I wait to send a followup email? She sounded like she wanted to get me started ASAP but needed to check with my references first. I keep imagining the worst and thinking my references weren't that great and I won't hear back. Thanks so much for the advice!! ...

Follow Up Vs Followup
Nov 04, 2013

Someone once told me a word to substitue that would let you know which follow up to use.  Does anyone know what that word is???? ...

Thank You All!! (followup Of Job Hopping Post Below)
Jul 20, 2010

I was offered the job!! YAY me! Great hourly pay and great benifits. See ladies (and gents), I'm proof positive there is hope out there for MTs! ...

Followup To Fair Wages
Feb 18, 2011

Serious question: Why do you stay? ...

Using Followup Versus Follow Up
May 19, 2011

Hello Ladies....where I work we are diving into the Book of Style.  I am having a hard time determining when to use followup (one word) versus follow up (2 words).  Can anyone post any examples of the correct usage and/or anything you use to help you know which way is correct?   Thanks ...

Special Announcement Followup
Jan 21, 2013

The big special announcement was our TCM was moving back into her previous roll of QA coach - bringing in a new TCM.   No lost accounts, no jobs cut, no pay cuts... all positives... ...

Has Anyone Ever Had This Happen?
Apr 01, 2010

Pass your transcription test and have the recruiter say that she will call you at a certain time for an interview and then never call? ...

Has Anyone Had This Happen.....
Nov 12, 2010

Hi, don't know if this is the right place to ask, but two mornings in a row, I have received this in my Hotmail "junk" mail box.  It says "Private Notice" and the subject line says "YOU'RE DEAD."  Of course I haven't opened these and sent them directly to "delete."  Does anyone know if there's a new virus or worm or something going around like this?  Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them?  I've googled and checked Norton and McAfe ...

Anybody Have This Happen?
Mar 11, 2011

It seems like I am always changed to a different account whenever we have an incentive program going on. Is that their way of telling me they do not want me to make any extra money, not that I make much now, LOL. ...

Does This Happen To You...
Jan 23, 2012

You see a job listing, and when you click on it and read the description you think, "Hey, I can do that!"  You even think or know that you would enjoy doing that kind of work. Then you register and begin the online application process.  It's 29 pages, with every single detail about your jobs for the past 10 years REQUIRED/MANDATORY fields! You either begin the process with good intentions, but after a while you have a headache and tire of it so give up and either aband ...

Ever Happen To Anyone Else?
Jan 28, 2012

I edited a report in which I changed leukoesterase to leuk esterase, however, when I went to upload, spellcheck found "leukoesterase" which no longer was visible in the report (at least not what was on my screen!).  I went back in and deleted the whole word, then put it in again as two separate distinct words and that time, spellcheck accepted it.   But what worries me is does this occur other times?  Are our edits somehow NOT being recognized on the other end?  Heaven know ...

What Is Going To Happen To Me If My QA Is 99.3%
Apr 24, 2012

I have never had this much trouble before doing my job.  I will have 99% on those FIESA and then 1 report will be a C and my QA averages out to a "C" 99.3%.  What happens if I never get a score higher than that?  Fire me?   Cool beans!  Need a vacation anyway !!!    Seriously, what the hell is this QC crap?   How can FEISA be A, B or sometimes a C and the QC score is super low???? I think it's just so they don't have to pay bonuse ...

Does Anyone Happen To Know The Name Of The
May 16, 2012

person who owns Fast Chart?  I am going to report the things that have been going on to them. Of course, I tried that at another place (DSG) and it did no good.  Not one good place to work anymore:(( ...

How Did This Happen.....
Sep 05, 2012

How did we get to this point? I have been an MT for 35 years and how did we let our profession turn into the slave labor it has become. This used to be a great job, good pay and well respected. I read these boards and see all the complaints about low pay, no pay, no work, etc. and it makes me physically ill. But, I also know nothing will change if WE collectively do not demand and force change. I know people need their jobs and need money, I do too but at what cost? How long will we allow t ...

Wonder What Would Happen
Feb 09, 2013

Now I'll admit it would be a lot less interesting, but at least it wouldn't be so volatile all the time.  Sometimes I leave here just feeling like crap, even when I'm not involved, just from reading all the fighting going on. ...

Does This Happen With Anyone Else?
Feb 18, 2014

I've always been one of the ones who has been fairly comfortable with my job performance ... I'm a high producer and have always passed all my audits so I'm one that comes here to give support, and offer tips when they're warranted.  But, I just failed my last audit and now my confidence is completely shaken.  Before I log on to work I get butterflies, and feel a wave of "dread" come over me that makes me want to never log on to this company again.  I know ... ...

What Would Happen If?
Apr 17, 2014

I wonder what would happen if I didn't answer any emails anymore? I've been questioning my QC person about what I've been finding on feedback and got back a rather snarky e-mail about how I should know certain things, etc. How can I know when I get dinged for doing something by one person and dinged by another person for doing the same thing correctly? Can anyone who is QA tell WHY aren't you all on the same page. Everyone of you dings differently. Don't you have co ...