A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Cypress Medical records summarizer testing - sm

Posted: Jul 11, 2012

I'm wondering if anyone has actually done the testing for this company/job (for medical records summarizer).  I applied and they sent me a packet and a test.  They want me to review 45 pages of medical records and summarize it!  This is all sketchy to me.  They have an AOL email address, no company info, nothing.  Not sure if this is a scam or what.

Me too - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
They sent me the packet too and I got discouraged. It is a LONG packet (49 pages, I think) with a lot of reading and it seems quite confusing to me. The ad said they required a "short" test. This does not look short. I am very hesitant to do all that work before I even know how much they pay. I don't think I'm going to do it.

Misspellings in the ad made me go hmmm. nm - searching

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

sounds like another scriberight situation to me.... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
What I balked at was having to have "physician references" to document how many IMEs you have had experience with. Working for an MTSO, I can't just ask the physician I have transcribed for, for a reference of the IMEs I have done for him and how many years. We are not supposed to have actual contact with the physicians at all. So I did not apply. However, I thought Cypress has been around for a long time. If it is the same company, they should be in the archives somewhere.

funny how no info can be found on this can be found. It makes me wonder if this is not a scam. I su - thinking

[ In Reply To ..]
With no info, something seems funny!

The 1st time they advertised, test was 235 pgs! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I see they slimmed it down to 49, huh? I did a bit of it but, come on, 235 pages?? I decided it wasn't worth it, especially when it likely won't be a long-term thing anyway and will be looking for another job again afterward.

I only found them on facebook and it was an India company. I also found a Philiphines as well based - scam

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish it was true but almost positive this is a scam

Cypress - jwn010101

[ In Reply To ..]
I recv'd the test - did it - it was not that bad if you are familiar with this work. I received an email back saying they would review it on Friday and get back to me. I wonder if anyone did the work when it was posted earlier.... anyone know anything?
Cypress - JWN010101
[ In Reply To ..]
The company is CMLS, LLC located in California - registered business with State of California
Cypress - talktyper
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think it's a scam, but just maybe tedious type work and not "easy" like we're used to! When you've been doing the same thing for 10+ years, it's scary to try something different...but it seems to fit my skills, and I think it might be something I might get used to...not sure I want to do it full-time though, and I think that's what they are looking for. BTW...after testing, they emailed me and he called and left a message saying I had done "a very good job" on the test. I was completely confused and overwhelmed and thought I shouldn't have done the test that day, as there was so much going on for me! I have since thought of some ways to make it easier, and once I completely understand what they want...it might become easier. I just don't know. They offered me 6 dollars per complete page.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Else Starting At Cypress As A Records Summarizer?
Aug 01, 2012

I decided to take the position, something different.  I was just curious to see how many others have recently started here or will be starting here?  I'm kind of nervous as it's so different from anything I've ever done before. ...

Cypress Summarizer Job?
Aug 01, 2012

well for one thing, they didn't say where to send the email.  But why 12 dislikes? Just curious. ...

Cypress Med Rec Summarizer
Jun 05, 2014

Anyone have info on this company and its "job" offer?  I see it keeps renewing its ad and wonder if it can't find anyone or if it actually needs a ton of people?  Any info would be GREAT.. thanks! ...

Medical Record Summarizer
Jul 11, 2012

Can someone explain to me what a medical record summarizer does and what kind of pay is it?  Thanks ...

CYPRESS MEDICAL - SCAM
Jan 19, 2011

BE LEARY OF THE AD ON MT JOBS FOR CYPRESS MEDICAL, THEY ARE A SCAM!  THEY CANNOT EVEN CONSTRUCT A SENTENCE, WILL NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE COMPANY, GIVE A HISTORY OR HAVE A WEBSITE OR PROVIDE A PHONE NUMBER OR A CEO, OR MANAGER'S NAME!  THIS HAPPENED ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO WITH A GATEWAY AD, AND THEY STUCK ME FOR $1200!  PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER THIS AD, MY COMPUTER WAS COMPROMISED RIGHT AFTER I RESPONDED TO THE AD!   ...

Cypress Medical Reviewer
May 17, 2011

I keep seeing the Cypress medical reviewer job for some MT with 10 yrs experience.  Why is this job always open? Does anybody have any info of what this job is really? ...

Cypress Medical - Anybody Worked For Them?
Dec 16, 2011

Is anybody out there in MT land working for Cypress Medical or has worked for them?  Just wondering what you think of them.  Everyone have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! ...

Cypress Medical Review
Mar 21, 2012

Does anyone work for this company or had worked for this company doing medical review work?  I do review work for a local IME doctor and I love it.  I would love to find more of this type of work.  This company sounds interesting, but all I have found are negative comments.  However, none of the comments come from people who have actually worked for the company. ...

How Is It Going For New Hires At Cypress Medical? Nm
Aug 10, 2012

nm ...

Considering Offer From Cypress Medical
Aug 21, 2012

I was just wondering about anyone's experience with Cypress Medical. Was offered a position there, but scared to make the leap.  If you work there, are you able to make a living and are they nice to work for?  Thanks.  ...

I Have Received A Very Odd Message From Cypress Medical, Has (sm)
Jan 26, 2011

anyone else received the same email (trust me, you will know it is odd)?  Has anyone tested for them or been hired by them? TIA ...

Cypress Medical - Anyone Heard Of This Company?
Jul 12, 2012

Has anyone heard of this company?  They are hiriing "summarizers".  Would like to know if anyone has taken the test and/or been hired by this company and what you think.  Thanks ...

Cypress Medical - Did Anyone Accept A Position?
Jul 25, 2012

Did anyone accept a position with the above after doing the 49-page file review and summarization.  I had a call from the gentleman last night but not at a good time, so he will call back this evening.  Curious as to whether or not their actual files are as disorganized as the test file.  If anyone accepted a position, can you share how it is going.  Thanks. ...

Cypress Medical Offered A Position
May 07, 2014

I applied to their ad, took the test and was offered a position. Would like feedback from anyone who works there, or worked there. Did you like it? Were you honestly able to make a living doing this type of work? Pay offered seemed low for the amount of time it took me to summarize the sample they sent me for the test. Any information you can supply is greatly appreciated. ...

Cypress Medical - If This Company Is Really Legit
Jun 24, 2014

Does anyone know if this company is really legit. There is nothing that comes up on Google as far as a company website, or any information really. They give no contact name really. It seems odd. If anyone knows of a website or other company information, would be great. Thanks very much. Lots of scams out there these days. ...

Medical Records Tech Job
Aug 01, 2010

A local hospital is hiring a medical records tech. For experience, all they ask is basic computer experience, knowledge of medical terminology, and a h.s. diploma.  Hmmmmm...I've had the terminology certificate for a year, plus a completion certificate for MT and several specialty certs, and I passed the RMT exam. Think I ought to take a shot at this even though I have no prior experience with filing, records, etc.? ...

Anybody Out There Medical Records Reviewer?
Jun 25, 2011

I've heard something recently about this and just wondering if it is a good parallel to MTing and if the pay is better?  ...

CHECK YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS!!
May 07, 2012

I would advise EVERYONE to get a copy of their medical records and view them.  I had to get copies from my  PCP (cost me $15.00, but worth it), and I found soooo many mistakes. Some I know were the MT's, but most were the doctor's mistakes.  For instance, they had under my family history in the last year of mother having diabetes.  My mother NEVER had diabetes, and don't know where they even got that at, as I found earlier in my file my family history, which wa ...

What Are Electronic Medical Records?
Sep 13, 2012

Would anyone who does EMR editing be willing to share their experiences with me?  Is EMR editing enjoyable, how does it compare to traditional QA editing, what does the job entail, etc? Thank you! ...

MT To Medical Records Clerk
Sep 26, 2012

Anyone go from being an MT to a Medical Records Clerk at a hospital? I was thinking with my experience in transcribing medical records and being familiar with the terminology and HIPPA, an MT would be a good candidate. Any thoughts on this? ...

What Is Electronic Medical Records?
Jun 27, 2013

What is electronic medical records?  Goodwill is teaching a 3 month class starting soon.  I have heard about a government mandated thing that doctors have to go electronic by Jan. 2014, but not much more than that.  I know someone could shed some light.  I am thinking of taking the class, but don't know if it would be worth it.  Although, I think I could sleep through the medical transcription portions, LOL. ...

NSA Uncrypts Medical Records Too
Sep 13, 2013

Article from The Guardian. ...

Medical Records Clerk
Sep 27, 2014

Hi all, I have a job interview for a position as medical records clerk in an orthopedic center. I quit MT about 3 years ago and did a few things that didn't work out, and now I have an opportunity to interview for a medical records clerk. I had sent them a resume, most of which was transcription, and they called me to come in and see them. Does anyone know if I can transition to it that easily? My friends all think that just because I know medical terminology, that I can just trans ...

Watch Your Medical Records
Jan 14, 2015

Since Septemer 2014, every visit with every provider has gone like this. 1) The medical assistant types into my record. 2) The provider types into my record. At the end of my visit, they hand me the summary of my visit that day. It goes like this 1) The medications are mostly right although some are wrong and way wrong. 2) My age is off by 10 years at one facility and they 'cannot correct it.' 3) My height and weight are off a whole lot at another facility and they 'cannot c ...

Hospital Medical Records Department
Nov 14, 2009

With HIPAA regulations tightening on who can get a carbon copy of a patient's medical record, MTs should NOT have the responsibility of sending any carbon copies at all.  All carbon copy requests for a patient's records should go directly to the hospital's medical records dept for a signed release verification from the patient for that copy to be sent.  Reports being sent from any outside provider without the proper signed release from the patient should be consider ...

What Is The Status Of Electronic Medical Records
Dec 28, 2010

what is the status of EMR...is it going to impact MT industry ...

Question About HIPPA And Medical Records
Apr 15, 2011

My husband's father had a brain tumor many years ago (back when I first started dating him) and had surgery.  Unfortunately, the surgeon never stopped the bleeding completely before closing him up and waited too long to take him back to the OR, so he remained in a coma for numerous months until he passed away.  My husband's mother many years later also passed away.  My husband is starting to have periods of extreme forgetfullness and completely not remembering something ...

Electronic Medical Records Came In And We Were Immediately Out Of A Job
Jul 26, 2012

I don't see much talk about EMR taking over the MTs job.  This has happened to me with my last three companies (small transcription companies) that I have worked for.  With my last job we had an account with a large hospital that had a cardiology group we transcribed for.  EMR came in and we were immediately out of a job.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience...pretty much sucks  ...

Professional Medical Records? Any Info Please! Nm
Nov 26, 2012

nm ...

Medical Records Field Technician Ad
Apr 17, 2013

Did anyone else question that advertisement?  First, they say that you can work at their locations, then later on they say that the candidates need to have internt access, that does not make sense.  Also, the list of people they consider good candidates does not make sense.  Coders and RNs to scan records?  I'm not saying it's beneath them, but it's just seems a little strange that they would seek those type of people (as well as some others on the list) for an ...