A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

CLK Transcription - what an insulting pay level - newbie or not!! sm

Posted: Sep 07, 2011

Really?  You're going to offer $21 an a/h when it takes 3 to 4 times the dictation length to complete a report?  That equates to LESS THAN THE FEDERAL MINIMUM WAGE - BEFORE TAXES!! 

People PLEASE do not accept this!! Even if you are a newbie just starting out in transcription the absolute MINUMUM you should accept is $40 an a/h!  What CLK is offering to pay is equal to off-shore wages.  General transcription is not difficult at all - far easier than medical, but it takes longer because of multispeakers and audio quality, etc., and is time consuming if you have to look up city names, company names - you get the picture. 

No matter how badly you need a job, you will NOT be able to sustain yourself on less than minimum wage, which is what you will make taking this type of an offer.

SHAME ON YOU CLK!! 

CLK Transcription - CLK Transcription

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh and BTW - my ICs range from 300 to 700 per two weeks for payment of their invoices. They work when they want and only when they want. And the starting rate is just for the first few files, but don't worry, I only bring on teammates who love the work, not those who look to rush and push out par level work for a higher pay and then have no work due to poor quality. Here at CLK we respect every transcriptionist who loves what they do, as long as they are in the US, and will work to prove their skills and learn new ones, to earn rate increases rather than demand increases from a client before they prove themselves. And lastly, most importantly, I PAY MY INVOICES EVERY TIME.

So $150 to $350 a week as an IC? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That is supposed to be good? You say you have steady work, so are these transcriptionists working a steady full-time schedule to get this pay?

For those considering this, do the math. At $21 an audio hour, one would have to transcribe nearly 17 hours of audio to get to $350 a week. Consider too that this is not medical dictation where you have one speaker. Often in general (or non-medical) you have multiple speakers, sometime talking over one another, and this slows down the transcription time. Better off going to the local McDs and getting a job. Least you would have excellent benefits!

CLK Transcription - CLK Transcription

[ In Reply To ..]
For my ICs who have a family, sick parent, sick family member, other jobs (ft or pt) and being able to make that along with life's responsibilities, which is why many get in this business, to be able to get up when needed and go without explanation because I am a client, to be able to work when they want, accept or decline what they want - absolutely. I have steady work that some of the ICs are full time when they want to be and some are part time - one file a day or one file a week or even less- when they want to work they work. There is always work for everyone. And again, you post a job where newbies get that kind of work without any experience at all. I have the best team ever accepting assignments from me- they are awesome and they get told it every day.
I started at Express Docs with no experience. - Pay per line, but averaged $40 per audio hour.
[ In Reply To ..]
I started at Express Document with no experience at all. I was paid per line, but it averaged to be about $40 an audio hour. I had clear audio with only one speaker. I also have seen jobs posted recently on the general transcription forum I frequent starting at $35-60 an hour for newbies. Funny thing is that the transcriptionists there were saying the $35 an hour job was way too low for newbies. Guess that is why you don't advertise on that forum?

There are plenty of companies that will accept inexperienced transcriptionists as long as they have adequate grammar skills. Reading the post from one of your current transcriptionists though, I can certainly see you get what you pay for. Funny that you and her make the same grammar mistakes.
Express Docs Writer - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I sent you an email.
To CLK Transcription - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you have to have AOL/AIM? Thanks!
Umm, we're already in the kind of work where we have - flexibility. We all started sm
[ In Reply To ..]
with no experience. I was paid more money than you are offering when I first started as an IC with no experience a couple decades ago with small babies and plenty of flex time. I want whatever Kool-Aid you're drinking!
CLK how dare you - martina
[ In Reply To ..]
SM, you are so right! Nobody should scoop to that level. It is an insult and I hope nobody replies. You do the math, or maybe some can't. All these "great" weekly wages but nobody tells you how many hours it will take you to get the work done. Yes, we need jobs that do not require an university degree but tht doesn't mean we can't count.

Either completely clueless or they're buying their - own BS by now. I make that and more in a week. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
As an IC and not just by squeaking by on minimum quality or whatever she's accusing. I sure as heck wouldn't make that kind of money doing that. LOL

Indeed, this is quite the snow job. Sad thing is, someone will fall for it. Posts very enlightening. What a handful.

Shocked - ShockedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was shocked myself when I learned of this contracted position. She doesn't guarantee work which I can understand, but to pay 6 cents a line is ridiculous pay, even for a new MT! Shame on you, CLK!

6 cpl? She is offering $21 per audio hour, - which is much less than 6 cpl.

[ In Reply To ..]
Definitely shocking, but even more shocking that people are seemingly lining up to work for these rates. This profession is doomed.

Similar Messages:

Transcription Experience But Looking For Entry Level MT
Sep 26, 2012

Work has slowed down doing transcription in the entertainment business and I work for three companies.  I've had discharge summary experience in the past with light radiology. Does anyone know of any companies hiring newbies for MT work?  I can't stand not working.  Type 85 wpm, use Word and Express Scribe and a digital foot pedal.  U.S. citizen. ...

Looking For Entry Level Medical Transcription Work In MN
Mar 03, 2010

Hi everyone. I am a recent graduate from Rasmussen online college with a 2 year degree in medical transcription. I just graduated in September. I did land a very very part time homed medical transcription job in mid November and was let go in January because the lady I subcontracted for told me she needed me to be perfect within 2 months and I wasn't delivering the kind of perfection she needed. I kept reminding her that I had 0 medical transcription experience before my education training ...

I Find It Very Insulting
Aug 27, 2012

Im reading through emails,,and WOW whoopie do...we are doing this this and this and NOW we are calling it this..Big freaking deal, I dont know who made this ASR program and whose doing happy dances over it, but it darn sure wasnt someone that ever transcribed a report..Proven fact, it doesnt work, not when you dont have the same transcriptionists on the same accounts (and even that is barely acceptable)...This NEW wonderful 7.1 is a disaster,, since when is the patient is a heading??? Never in m ...

Digoxin Level - Dig Level.. Capitalize The "D?"
Jan 22, 2013

When typing "Dig level," does the "D" need to be capitalized?  TIA! ...

If You Thought 8 Cents Was Bad, 6 Cents/line Is Downright Insulting
Apr 13, 2010

RE:  Posting on the job seekers board.   ....especially for something like psych where you can't make as many big normals like you would be able to do with other specialities. I would have liked to work some extra on some psych accounts, but that pay is just disgusting. ...

Level 2 Or Level II
Mar 09, 2011

Ok, Level 2 or Level II. I went back to the material from when I was going through school and is shows as Level 2, however, researching via Google comes up as Level II.  Which would be correct. ...

BUN Level
Aug 04, 2011

Has anyone ever heard of a BUN level as low as 3?  The creatinine is 1.1.  The patient is in the hospital for weakness and is not on dialysis. ...

Epidural Level?
Dec 15, 2009

is planning on a lumbar epidural steroid injection. I am not sure of the level he is planning on. If it is at 4 5 or 5 6, I think he has a good chance of relief of arm pain ...

Chloride Level
Jun 07, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a chloride level being as low as 13?  He clearly says this, but I've never heard of it that low. ...

Educational Level
Oct 28, 2010

"Clinically he is doing really good."  And we are the ones making minimum wage? ...

Entry Level Pay
Jun 10, 2011

Hi all, Just a quick question.  In all your years of experience, what would you think would be a fair starting pay (hourly please) at a smaller acute care hospital doing varied types of jobs?  I do a lot of typing for the actual hospital, the two clinics (one inside the hospital and our satellite clinic in another town) and physical therapy.   I do alot of transcription but I also have a lot of other medical records duties as well that I have to balance.  I do ...

Pain Level
Aug 30, 2011

is correct to transcribe pain level is 0/10 or zero out of ten? ...

Digoxin Level
Sep 30, 2011

He's referring to a Digoxin level and shortens it to say "s/l Dij level".  I realize that it's probably not spelled with the j, but if I write it Dig level, then it's like digging with that "g" sound....would you leave it "Dig level"? ...

How Do I Write This? PH Level
Oct 25, 2011

I now the pH scale, but I'm confused by what this doctor said.   "...her pH remained low at 717"   She said "Seven One Seven." She speaks clearly, so I'm confident she is saying this. No other pH levels are given in the report. ...

Re:paycuts Top Level
Nov 07, 2011

The last pay cut they made to me was with ASR.  they did not touch my transcription rate YET, but I know I read on here someone was at the top of their level as to how much they could make and they went from 0.009 to 0.003.  It sounds like this was the transcription rate?  Did they actually cut some of the MTs base pay to more than half?  This just blows me away if they did this.  I have not been on here too much on a steady basis because I get even more d ...

S/l TSL Level 2 - Anyone Know What TSL Stands For?
Mar 16, 2012

He may follow up on an outpatient basis for continued complaints of urinary symptoms.  The patient did fill out a living will requesting TSL level 2 though he does need to notarize the documents.   Does anyone know the acroynm for TSL?? ...

Entry-level
Apr 09, 2012

Hello, I am a new MT looking for entry-level work.  Is there such a thing?  Is there a new law that requires a minimum of 1 year experience as an MT?  Please help.  If anyone knows the answers to my questions, please post them.  Thank you   ...

Does 5 Cpl W/o Spaces Seem Low For Entry Level?
Oct 27, 2009

Also would not get my first paycheck for 60 days. Does that seem fishy? They also want me to sign a no competition contract that I will not seek employment with another company that could be considered competition for 3 years. Is that normal? ...

Entry Level Coders
Apr 05, 2010

I was wondering if anybody knew of any companies that hire entry level coders.  I went to school and got my CCA certificate, but have never done coding in a clinical setting.  I'm also a medical transcriptionist with 20 years experience. ...

Are There Level XV Lymph Nodes?
Aug 17, 2010

:) ...

HELP! Lab (I Believe Cardiology But She Is All Over The Place) S/l MAP Level?nm
Oct 15, 2010

,, ...

No ***s/l Diplasia At The Level Of The Triga***...sm Tia
Jan 18, 2011

This is a MiniArc suburethral sling, diagnostic cystoscopy done by an OB/GYN doctor...Thanks for any help ...

Blood Alcohol Level Of 63.
May 25, 2011

Is this correct? He says the patient had 2 beers and had a blood alcohol level of 63. I'm not too familiar with blood alcohol levels, but that does not sound right to me. Even if it was 0.63, wouldn't that be too high for 2 beers? Am I missing something here? TIA! ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Insulin I Level?
May 28, 2011

. ...

Labs- Dish Level
Aug 10, 2011

CBC, ?dish level? and TSH. ...

How Will The Increased Level Of A&P Be Used In 2014 With ICD-10?
Sep 11, 2012

Does anyone know exactly why ICD-10 will require a greater knowledge of A&P? What else are we going to need more of? Why? ...

MTRewards-skill Level
Oct 01, 2013

What skiill level are you?  I've been with the company over 10+ years and looks like they still have me at level I.  How sad.  I would email by CCM but mail system is down.   Per report rad is over me Oct 13.  Hurry! Hurry!  At this rate i need to type/edit 2000 lines a day for a measily $100.  I dont know if 2000 lines is even feasible, I suck at sitting at my desk for extended periods of time.  haha.    skill level maximum r ...

Finally Got Out, Stress Level GONE
Sep 22, 2014

I finally got to the point I hated time for work.  I went through 2 buyouts and it just seemed to get worse.  I have watched QA people busted down due to not getting enough lines per hour, which is impossible when there's not enough work, and when most of the acute care work was 100% listens.  I got ONE raise in 7 years yet the duties kept piling on and found out some were making 4.00 an hour more than me in lower positions. On days off you were expected to join meetings no m ...

Entry Level Jobs
Oct 20, 2014

I am new to M.T.  Does anyone have any great advice or know of any companies that hire entry level mts ...

Follicle ________ Hormone Level
Nov 10, 2009

Just doing laboratory studies, this doc, or FNP is notorious for pronouncing things wrong, or adding in extra letters and NEVER correcting herself like she doesn't want anyone to know she said it wrong...  anyways it sounds something like Follicle "knifing" or "nifine" hormone normal. then goes on to say "estradiol low, progesterone normal, etc. etc. if anyone has any idea, thanks! ...