Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

working at local hospital - horrible - Leonor Albritton

Posted: Jun 10th, 2024 - 9:53 am

I would like to comment that I took a job as transcripitionist at a local hospital and though I am glad I learned a new specialty, I am not glad I was bullied, not just by one person, but by multiple people in the department from two different hospitals - the one that I worked and the other that I would go as a floater. My whole experience was horrible. The culture has become very much about not offending anyone or making anyone uncomfortable. Walking on eggshells - not getting trained on certain parts of the job that were just as vital as every task of the job - the lies about me and what I did do, as far as mistake, and what I failed to do that needed to get done.  I admit I did make some mistakes but they would make a life/death situation about them, put me down, compare me with another worker, look at me with the most evil eyes and evil attitude.  It was more important not to offend someone than doing your job correctly. Lots of drama and back stabbing. - just to think, I had not reported this to HR because I was afraid of retaliation.  I finally decided not to take the abuse anymore when I was called in to a meeting (evaluation after some time working there ) and the local boss actually claimed that I was "very combative," at that point, I could not read anymore concerning my personality, behavior or performance at my job.  I gave my 2-week notice. It's not bad enough that this industry is going to overseas workers, but for anyone to have to deal with bullying/harassment on the job or anywhere else, is so very sad and unacceptable  The exposure I had to a cruel, toxic and unhealthy work atmosphere was definitely real.  Sorry, I'm venting.  thank you for listening. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)