Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

working in a hospital setting - many years ago

Posted: Jun 12th, 2024 - 12:30 pm In Reply to: working in hospital - Pookie

The type of behavior that has been addressed here has gone on forever. When I went to work in a hospital in the 90's, I had never encountered the type of coworkers I did there. Constant unrest between day and night shifts, each accusing the other of stealing all the "easy work."

Downright nasty women, cliques like you wouldn't believe. (you never get out of high school). Supervisors on a power trip and had their favorites. I had two small children and needed a decent evening job that paid well, so I endured and then after 10 years we were let go to work at home and the rest is history.

I left MT work a while back to work outside my home and things are about the same everywhere, maybe not quite as bad as MT work and the pay is better and you are an employee, so you have to pick your battles. I am in it for the paycheck and the rest is water off a duck's back to me.

The world has just gotten ugly. People fight over parking spaces, try to run you off the road if you are going the speed limit, impatient and the list goes on. Even going to the store can be stressful. I really do use a lot of delivery services anymore, makes my life so much easier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)