Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Remote scribe - HappyTyper

Posted: May 26th, 2023 - 1:29 pm In Reply to: Dozens of (often remote) Scribe positions are being offered...sm - Blaupunkt

Hello. In answer to your questions, I have been a remote scribe for over a year now. My particular scribe position is basically exactly the same as a transcriptionist. I download dictated files, listen through ExpressScribe, and type the dictation into Word. I then COPY/PASTE it into the appropriate sections in the EMR. I get paid a decent line rate. I work for a lady who was also an MT (and occasionally gets in there and helps us with backlogs) so she understands us, commiserates with us, and pays a very good line rate. As such, I can indeed make a living wage. While I type around $25-35/hour I only average around $20 per hour on her work. Because we don't get paid for the copying/pasting portion of it, it drops the $25-35 average down to around $20 due to it taking several minutes per report to enter the text.

However, my job there, in conjunction with my part-time job doing straight transcription for an orthopedic guy an d a radiology group, nets me close to $200 per day. There are also virtual scribe positions as well, where the MT is connected via phone or video to the patient room and enters the note directly into the EMR during the patient consultation. For those you do have to be available during office hours. For the type I do there is a 24-36 hour TAT and we can download it, type it on our schedule, and get it back the following day. I actually really like it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)