Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I have hated this profession - since

Posted: May 14th, 2023 - 7:27 am In Reply to: IMEDAT - Lola

VR came into play. For me, it was about 17 years ago that I had to find another job that wasn't VR (constantly changing companies as VR came in). I had to go to the status of independent contractor. I don't own a business. I've just been given this title by employers, as they found a way to completely bypass taxes and benefits that was legal for them to do. I have been in some form of transcription for over 30 years. There is no work to actually make a living. In order to do that, one has to work for many companies as the work is slow and making $50 a day doesn't pay the mortgage, much less contribute to bringing up children properly (you know, feed them). Some of us are just waiting for retirement. There was a time that I loved my job, loved MT, loved my employers, loved everything about it. That is no longer my position. I just hate it, hate it, hate it and cannot wait for it to end. Good luck with finding a place. They are all the same. I used to be valued as an employee. If that exists any more, I wouldn't know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)