Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

So this Precise job ad doesn't add up to a - good paying job, sm

Posted: May 2nd, 2023 - 2:37 pm

Precise, based in Mahwah, NJ, is seeking experienced legal transcriptionists to join our team. You MUST have experience. You must be a reliable contractor with great attention to detail, who consistently produces superior quality work.  Pay starts at 85 cents per page.  If you do the math, this isn’t even worth someone’s time who has experience and is a reliable contractor with great attention to detail and produces superior quality work.  So in one of my depositions that I typed in the past, I checked out how many lines I did for that deposition and compared the pay.  I made 9 cents a line for this deposition, it was 76 pages and it ended up having 1128 lines in the document.  So at the 9 cents a line, the document was worth $101.52.  At the pay rate that Precise has for 0.85 cents a page, the document is worth 64.60.  Quite a difference in pay, $36.92.  If I added up the difference just as an example, I would be losing 184.60 a week, 738.40 a month.  No thank you.  That pay is not enough to do legal.  Legal is very involved and not the same as typing one person speaking.  Where do they come up with these figures for paying someone with experience, reliability and does quality work?  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)