Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

The legal work is State of NY stuff. It IS disheartening - transcribing forever and proofing

Posted: May 3rd, 2023 - 10:07 am In Reply to: So this Precise job ad doesn't add up to a - good paying job, sm

in a vain attempt to make it perfect to discover that overall you spent over an hour and earning very little for one transcript. I agree with the poster. Why has it become impossible to earn a decent living transcribing? The cost of living is not in par with minimum wage jobs.

I am not sure I have it in me to spend 12 hours a day typing, although it seems I have to. I'm 59 years old and last weekend I suffered my first old lady fall outside. The arthritis was horrible due to an upcoming storm system and boom! down I went landing on my cement patio. I didn't break anything but it was an eye opening event for sure.

I'm always on the hunt for a better paying job, but ye old body can't handle being on my feet all day (retail jobs) or lifting heavy boxes (grocery store) or stress (a nap is in order).

I suppose I could marry my rich neighbor, who for some reason wants to skip the dating part, but ewwww.

What is the answer to this decline in our profession which used to pay fabulously?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)