Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 51)

They might be homophobic - SM

Posted: Jan 12th, 2023 - 10:05 am In Reply to: I have to wonder what their reaction would be to some of these - alternative kind of orientations LOL nm

I also saw this ad on the MTU FB group and I sent them my resume. As soon as they sent me the Wonderlic assessment, I immediately said, "Oh, HELL no!" I've done that assessment before and I can't even begin to wrap my head around why an MT would need to take such an assessment for a transcription job. Transcribing test files is bad enough, but this takes it to a whole new level. It's really a slap in the face. They may as well come right out and say, "We just need to make sure you're not completely stupid before we hire you." I didn't take the test (I quit several questions in), so I didn't get to the place where it asked for your sexual orientation, but that right there tells you they are very likely homophobic and won't hire you if you are part of the LGBT community, which I'm not, but I firmly believe that an employer has absolutely NO right to require you to answer that question. It's also not legal to require applicants to disclose that sort of information. Do these people seriously think that one's sexual orientation is going to affect their ability to do the job??? PUH-LEESE! I'm so glad that I took a hard pass on this joke of a company.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)