Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

New MTs

Positives - OMT

Posted: Oct 19th, 2022 - 7:08 am In Reply to: depends - anon

Positives are: Working from home.

I started working at home 20 years ago, making 14 cpl straight typing for a local clinic. $400 to $500 a week for about 25 hours of work. After 10 years, the local hospital bought all of the clinics. I tried working on site for the transcription department, but it was a micromanagement nightmare. Since that time, I have worked at home for well over a dozen different MT companies. 95% of them have been VR at 4 to 4.5 cpl (some offered 3.5 cpl). A few companies were not a good fit, but others either didn't have enough work or just one day disappeared. I have been fortunate enough to get early retirement and can work PT to supplement SS, up to $375 a week. I have yet to make $375 a week. With the low pay and fluctuating work volume, I'm lucky if I can make $200 a week with 2 part-time jobs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)