Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 42)

Wages are going to be different in each circumstance - for every person SM

Posted: Sep 15th, 2022 - 11:51 am In Reply to: I totally understand - Melissa

If your family members who are in this field seem to be doing well as far as wages, have them get you in where they are.

Conditions: For the most part, everyone works different hours depending on your situation and the job demand, work can be non-existent to low, to overwhelming. Some people are on a scheduled shift and get no work, others have more work than they can handle. Then the next week it's different, nobody has any work. Or the quality of the dictation is so bad you need to take twice or three times as much of your time to figure it out. That cuts your wages as well. Services usually get the bottom of the barrel crap work that is too difficult for speech recognition to figure out, get the crap work that foreigners can't understand, or get the crap scraps that any in-house departments don't want. I personally had a dictator so bad one time that it took all day to do one voice file and it put me into a migraine, the sound quality was that bad. The service owner, however, claimed the sound was perfectly clear on her end. My question was if it was so wonderful why didnt she type it herself? Because it was shit for sound is why and she didnt want to do it.

Nobody can give you a set dollar amount of how much you can make. Some people are barely making 2 or 3 cents a line, some make 6 or 7 or 8, in rare cases 9 or 10. There's also something called VBC, which means you're not paid for spaces, which really cuts your pay, but that again is determined acceptable or not by each person in their own situation.

Let us not forget the ever present risk of losing an account or a company folding up at any time without warning.

If all this doesn't explain it clearly enough, nothing else will.

It's so erratic. Do yourself a favor, make your life easier, get something else for a job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)