Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Advice for newbie - Ancient MT

Posted: Sep 15th, 2022 - 10:59 am In Reply to: Advice for newbie - Melissa

My advice would be to run far and fast! Find something else that has a future. In the past year, my paycheck has gone from approximately $1200 a month to less than $200, currently working 8 hr days, straight transcription and editing. Pay is only 7c per line straight typing, 4c editing. Oh, and no employee status--just IC. Physicians have been transitioning to text-to-speech, so they don't need "real" transcriptionists anymore, just editors; and these days, they aren't using editors either (just look at your own EHR!! They're horrible!) I used to be able to make a decent living, LOVED transcription, but after being laid off 5 times because of "don't need MTs anymore," I'm over it!! Again, run far, fast, and soon. Find something where you would have future, because MT is definitely NOT a job with a future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)