Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

To Gas Poor - Well said

Posted: Jun 9th, 2022 - 11:20 am In Reply to: Gas poor - Other factors

Your post was very much to the point on both sides of the working situations people are in these days. I am also retired, working part time, but it is an easy commute, no problems with dress code, just wear what I have, besides sweat pants and a t-shirt, interaction yes, but tolerable, and I enjoy the job. I do MT work as supplemental and that is about the only way I can tolerate it.

I guess the bottom line for me is the way this job has totally deteriorated over the past 15 or so years. It used to be such a good job, enjoyable in fact, but no longer. As long as I have the best of both worlds I will continue on and I agree, I feel there are many MTs out there who are totally fried from this job and are just trying to shed some light to others to maybe go in a different direction.

There are times when you just have to do whatever works for you. There are plenty of jobs out there that I would never consider either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)