Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Gas poor - Other factors

Posted: Jun 9th, 2022 - 10:32 am In Reply to: What's the point - For one,

I was mostly onsite throughout my working life and didn't work for an MTSO but I know there are pros and cons to both. Getting up every morning, getting ready to go and dealing with traffic twice a day cuts into time you could spend more productively, and takes its toll as well. I'm retired and drawing SS now, but do have a part-time non-MT job that requires a commute and cuts into my budget. Working on site has its advantages, but in addition to the hourly rate with benefits, there is usually workplace turmoil, and trust me, micromanaging managers and managers from hell are not isolated to MTSOs. A clothing budget needs to be considered, as well as going out to lunch or making fast food runs during the week, or being disciplined enough to make a lunch everyday. Some people who work at home don't need benefits, and need to be at home to care for family members, or health reasons of their own. Some people are close to being able to retire, and just choose to stick it out. One person on this board tried working outside the home, couldn't tolerate working with 20-somethings, and returned to doing MT at home. I didn't care for the social isolation, which is why working at home wasn't for me, but some people prefer that. I don't know if anyone was actually telling people what to do as far as getting out of MT, maybe they were trying to help, but sometimes the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence. People on this board are correct when they say that people need to do what works best for them and their situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)