Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I do scopist work. I read this thread, and not sure I - can help you, but will try

Posted: Jun 1st, 2022 - 4:53 pm In Reply to: That is clearly just rude. Yes, I was asking about the type of VR - being referred to, sm

A lot of our CRs use Otter. It may not be the best out there, but I found it to be very workable once you are used to it. Also, the CRs I work with immediately will shut down the over talking that goes on so often. For the majority, I get very clear audio. The CRs also usually provide me very, very good notes to work from. On my text program for the court documents, once you routinely type a phrase (usually only once or twice), it will autoload that phrase as soon as it recognizes the beginning keystrokes. You then have the option to use that phrase, modify it, or disregard it. Saves me tons of typing. I am sure you are familiar with that, as well. I also do use my shorthand program. I can breeze through a lot of the audio/video provided...as we both know, the faster you go, the more money you make.

I was VERY, VERY lucky to be hired by the CR firm I currently work with. I love the owner, who is very hands on and pays a higher rate than I have seen consistently listed on these boards. I get a lot of medical/legal, malpractice types of suits, which is right up my alley.

Not sure if any of this helps you, but I hope it does. Utilizing all the programs I do helps me make far, far more money than I ever did at straight MT work. I still keep a few active situations for MT work simply because I really like that, too. I do not want to lose my edge with the medical.

As for the other posts that are nonsensical, just disregard them; that's what I do. They are a waste of time. Too many on this board throw their junk out there and contribute nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)