Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Tomato plant is flourishing. Today the first little flower bud - came out and sm

Posted: Jan 13th, 2022 - 10:40 am In Reply to: Tomatoes - Bring it back please

I'm excited.  I've been worried that it wouldn't bloom or produce and how long it was going to take.  I added another blue/red spectrum light the week before last because I was so worried about blooms and tomatoes.  Anyhow, I planted the seed on 09/16 and today it has a bud!  I read that it takes up to around 156 days from planting the seed to picking the tomatoes, grown outside, so that's not too far off.  I figured it would take a little longer indoors.  I baby this plant, talk to it, shake it so its main stems stay strong, run the ceiling fan for it so it gets movement and aeration, spray it with neem oil and epsom salt for extra nourishment and disease/bug prevention, water it every other day.  No hydroponics for me, I'm growing it in dirt.  It has gotten to exactly the height I was hoping for without having to cut the tops off, but I do prune the suckers that form.  So, it seems to be a success so far.  Soon as I see more flowers and they start turning into tomatoes, I will plant another seed to keep the process going.  I'm thinking about doing a bell pepper plant too, but not sure if I have enough light for 2 plants and don't have enough room for more lights.  Thankful that these LED lights didn't raise the electricity bill, and so far so good.  Thank you all for your interest in my little experiment.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)