Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 52)

I am doing this type of work for two different companies - and I LOVE IT

Posted: Jan 8th, 2022 - 9:58 pm In Reply to: Anyone with info on this InfraWare job offer? - sm

To be quite honest, you do get some really stinky recordings, but both companies have a way for us to tag this information indicating the bad audio. If I cannot figure it out, I tag it. I do law enforcement, depositions, insurance interviews, defendant interrogations, witness statements, 911 calls; you name it, we get it.

I have never been without work since criminals never seem to sleep, and lately, with all the lawlessness in so many states (I work two of the states with the highest crime rates), I have more work than I can possibly handle.

I find the work very interesting, different day-to-day. However, it is not for everyone.

I seriously doubt that VR is going to hit this field like some want to tell you. I have never seen that employed by any office, in any manner regarding the work types I listed I do above. I did not even include all the work types I get either. There are too many things that VR cannot recognize properly to produce the documents needed.

I have used several different modalities, and all of them can have the occasional bad recordings, just like you can have bad audio with medical.

What I have found is that a lot of the law enforcement agencies do not want the headache of jumping from one company to another for a penny saving. If the company you hook up with does a good job, the contracts are usually long term. Since this is being paid for by taxpayers or clients depending on if it is an agency/attorney, they seem less inclined to shop around; it appears to cause them too much heartburn. They just want their documents on time and as complete as possible.

I hope this helps you. I still do medical transcription, which has always been my first love, but I am not sorry I added law enforcement/legal/insurance to my resume. You can have much better control when you work, how much you work, and not go through the BS these MTSOs put you through with weekend work, holiday work, low pay, demand shifts, etc. NO FIESA EVER. We do go through another layer of auditing just to be sure we have not missed anything vital, but you are never berated with critical error garbage. If you are making vital, critical errors routinely, pretty sure you will not last long.

As I said, this is not for everyone, but I am blessed to work for two companies that treat me with great respect, never miss a pay day, sometimes pay early, and pays has never been off by even one cent. I have also gotten a Christmas gift, which medical has not done for decades.

Good luck to you with whatever you decide. I hope this information helps you.

P.S. I never work exclusively for any one company anymore. I learned those hard lessons through medical. I only signed on with companies that do not require exclusivity in working only for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)