Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

There are about 3 choices - MT2

Posted: Oct 2nd, 2021 - 3:16 pm In Reply to: MT work can be very stressful and - anon

This exact thing has been plaguing me the last several years. Ever since it went to 4 cpl (anywhere) no matter what I did or where I couldn’t pay bills. My family said over and over get another line of work. I ignored them. I couldn’t pay bills, lost my house, repo my car, lost my pets. Just before COVID. Got a room at my family’s house.

Fast forward 2 YEARS and just this week the lightbulb popped. And I am angry at myself for not gripping reality sooner.

I can’t live without money. Being an editor here at Precision or anywhere no money is to be made. So that is choice 1. Stay with it as always and lose everything including that self-respect which is worth more than bills even.

Option 2: Go out in the world and get a secretary job or retail/restaurant. Still most places not good treatment and probably mid 20k pay tops yet this gives hope for a future. Though I entertained this option I ruled it out bc I cannot keep my comments to myself around stupid people (sorry about being so brash) and odds are one day I’ll walk off the job.

Option 3: Remote customer service. Metrics, quotas, QA, bad training, back to back calls, technical problems. BUT: Stick with it and most of these places in a year could be trainer at home, supervisor, scheduling. Bonus: Most start at 12 an hour plus bonuses paid weekly or biweekly and benefits. Sounds almost like back in the day. Self respect if one hangs in there develops and the bank account becomes decent. Here at least for me there is a future.

Of course Amazon is hiring but that’s a job which I don’t want to go to especially bc it would just be too difficult and demeaning from what I’ve heard.

So what does this all mean? I’ve spent all lockdown daily obsessing about it and this is my conclusion. Maybe it will save you years of no money, hanging onto editing as I did so now all you have to do is get what’s out there on Indeed or Glassdoor and in a few weeks your world will change … guarantee your bank account willl!

Of course I keep Precision as very part time just because I have an MT addiction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)