Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I understand what you're saying but didn't really have a choice. - sleepymt

Posted: Jul 12th, 2021 - 9:32 pm In Reply to: Most definitely is a choice - Addie

My choice is to do this job or don't have any income at all. For me, a little is better than zero. And I agree completely, I'm mentally not cut out for any of this but it has nothing to do with the work itself.

I do my best not to complain about my situation and I usually don't see a lot of complaints here. Mainly just telling it like it is and that yes it does suck and it's wrong and shouldn't be this way. We all need to vent sometimes. Some of us don't have anyone to talk to so we come here.

For me, I'm disabled (can't get SSDI, and no SSI), have to work at home, have degrees, certification, and some skills. I'm a good transcriptionist and know the job. However,I look all the time for all sorts of jobs and I'm not finding any that I'm qualified for. I'm sure they're out there. As the years go back and my situation becomes more dire, it can be very overwhelming. Customer service, etc is out there but they don't want to train you. That's often been my problem...no training, you must know x, y and z, and have a degree in X.

Yes, some of us are stuck and it sucks. Maybe transcription is all we know how to do. I used to think I had a skill set that would help with other jobs, etc but I've realized over the years that I was very wrong about that.

But that's life! I think most of us just keep trying to make it work but get very frustrated, overwhelmed, and feel like things might not get better. That's mostly what I see here. People just want a little support, someone to listen, to get it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)