Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

WAH - Usmt

Posted: Apr 25th, 2021 - 7:33 am In Reply to: MT Shortage - My take

I was thinking about the India MTs and how the industry over there is dealing with COVID. The news reports are grim right now about the disease over there. As a 3rd world country, I don't think they are equipped to deal with COVID and their healthcare is imploding. There are some wealthy areas of India but from what I saw when I was there (a very long time ago), it was mostly slums and very poor living situations. I think the only people who would be able to afford WiFi or cable would be the very rich. They may be able to work from home but I don't think the regular workers are able to work from home, much less have the computer equipment to do it. They are struggling to keep electricity and clean water in their homes. That's just my opinion, of course. :-)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)