Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Exactly it - I am tired of all the crap and retiring. - Only part-time, and on my time. sm

Posted: Apr 23rd, 2021 - 3:34 pm In Reply to: Is there an MT shortage? I have seen so many places - hiring and posting ads weekly

Retiring because of so many assorted reasons; burned out mentally, emotionally, physically because of low pay, excessive time and quality demands, we are responsible for every little mistake made by dictators ("it's part of the job to find it and fix it...") working almost 7 days a week to make a living wage, the risk at any day or time the account could be lost for any or no reason or explanation at all, no backup jobs or unemployment benefits, as well as seems to be becoming more and more common with late pay, and I could go on and on.

I'm tired. Worn out, burned out, and sick of all of it. I love the job, but I do NOT love the conditions that come with it now and any protests you're told more or less to take it or leave it, there's a dozen behind you who will take it, so move along.

I can make more money on retirement and only bare part-time MT than I can on working full-time and then some.

I'm done with greedy MTSOs and cheapskate facilities who have ruined this whole business by their greed - they want expertise and near perfection in the work, but willing to pay only pennies for that kind of quality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)