Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

How has anyone EVER made money in medical transcription? - MT66

Posted: Feb 21st, 2021 - 5:18 pm

I've been doing this for 20 years.  I have never made big money, not even when times were supposedly good.  I don't get how people made $50,000 a year and up.  Granted, I was raising my small kids at the time, so I only did it part time.  But during the time I did work, I only averaged about $10 an hour, sometimes as low as $8.  That was with 8 cpl.  If I had a really good dictator and could fly through it, the most I could get up to was $16 an hour, but I could never sustain that speed for a whole day.  I was using using shortcuts in Word and templates so that I would not have to type every single word from scratch, and I still could not get that much done per hour.  Now with VR, I can only make $7-8 an hour.  There are also some reports with great dictators rattling off operative notes like they are reading a script, and I would be able to make $16 an hour, but those are few and far between.  I wish I had those all day long.  I guess being a perfectionist is my downfall in a way.  I don't want to go so fast that I make mistakes.  How is it that people used to make tons of money at this?  The only way I can see is if they did report after report with the doctor saying mostly the same thing for each patient and you only had to change a few things here and there for each patient?  I know everyone complains they're not making good money anymore now, but I'm bummed that I wasn't making much back when I should/could have been.  I don't get it. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)