Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I know MedScribe - in Naples, FL -- sm

Posted: Feb 9th, 2021 - 4:33 am In Reply to: exciting news - anon

They are employee status but their ad here is for part-timers. You don't get any benefits as a part-timer. The kicker is they are 6-hour shifts.

MT companies get away with IC because it is production. They don't have to promise you work, but by the same token you do not have to work a schedule or have a line quota to meet. They can try to have you work a schedule, but it always depends on volumes. What I do not understand about this industry is the company determining how much to pay you. There are a few factors that should be considered such as experience, audit scores, and the cost of living in your state. I have no idea how someone who lives in California can afford to be a transcriptionist. A receptionist on the East Coast might make 15 an hour, but on the west coast 18 per hour. It just doesn't seem fair.

I have been trying to find a company for employee status and the ones I've tried do not have enough work and you're basically on-call, so might as well be an IC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)