Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

To WTH - I am with you

Posted: Feb 7th, 2021 - 11:34 am In Reply to: WTH is a correct response - So sick of this industry

I completely agree with your post. I did get out about 2 years ago and found an outside job and believe me it took every ounce of strength I had at the time and I am so happy I did. I stopped doing MT work for about 6 months altogether and felt great, no more abuse, etc.

I then decided to go back on a very PT basis to help pay for a new car I bought. I just work when I want and sometimes I have to remember I am in control of myself now and don't have to answer to them. It still bugs the heck out me with their stupid emails about catching up on the work, and stating, "think of the patient's, etc." I want to tell them to go you know where and when we get new accounts and all the specs, etc., that we are supposed to keep track of and print out no less at our own expense. Again, the nerve, BUT, I take I take it with a grain of salt and do what I can and if I get stuck on something, I submit it to QA, even though I dread doing that. If I get some crummy dictators, I just mutter through or not do them at all. It is me losing the money, not them, because there are still a lot of MTs who jump at their every email, etc. The days of being chained to a computer are over for me. No work, then I log off and IF I want to go back on later, I will, if not, then I don't. I really try not to rely too much on the money, just keep telling myself it is a supplemental job.

I have no answer of how this job became what it did and have given up on it as ever changing for the better, that is for us. I am sure it will be gone in time, just like so many other jobs that are outdated and/or outsourced altogether.

I hope you can find something and don't get discouraged and don't worry about your age, I am in my late 60s and found something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)