Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Word Help Board

I couldn't find a specific rule either, BUT... - Old Anon. SM

Posted: Nov 12th, 2020 - 5:53 am In Reply to: Capitalization - mrtinfl

Since you are listing diagnoses in paragraph form, I don't see any reason why you would capitalize each word in a given diagnosis simply because that's how it is listed in DSM5. That's their style/format for that reference. Even if you were presenting them in a numbered list, only the first word after the number would be capitalized if you follow regular grammar/style rules. Of course, it goes without saying that if your employer's style guide wants you to capitalize each and every word in a diagnosis, you'd have to do it that way. If the dictator is specifically saying "capital M major, capital D depressive, etc.", I suppose that's what he/she wants. I'd question why and/or their sanity for doing such a thing. It's going to look completely ridiculous and off-putting in print. All that said, I say NO, don't capitalize each and every word in a diagnostic phrase and stick to your guns. I think grammar rules are on your side.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Capitalization - mrtinfl (Views: 481, 2020-11-11, 6:08 pm)
    • I couldn't find a specific rule either, BUT... - Old Anon. SM
      • Exactly - mrtinfl (Views: 305, 2020-11-12, 7:50 am)