Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

To All - Interesting suggestion

Posted: Apr 1st, 2020 - 9:58 am In Reply to: Voluntary layoff - Interesting suggestion

I wish I understood the unemployment situation better. I’ve never had to apply and I’m confused in regard to how it works with COVID-19.

Doesn’t a person have to be laid off or separated from employment to collect benefits? As I see it, “volunteering” for UE would be the same thing as quitting, your employer would have to lay you off because many states don’t have benefits if you quit your job and then there’s the problem of finding something else, they require people to look for work. The rules may be more lenient now, but I’m guessing they still investigate claims. I’m on site and people are still working (medical records/MT). Quite a few are working at home and the others are practicing social distancing and going to the office. Some people work different shifts and different days, some people have cut their hours back and are using PTO. People seem to forget that the situation is not going to be permanent, and I don’t think applying for UE because you can make more money is very valid. Maybe the QA staff where you work need additional help for a while. Maybe there are temp jobs outside of MT you could do so that you don’t have to completely sever ties, you would need the income anyway while waiting for that first check. Apparently there has been misunderstanding about landlords forgiving rent payments too, but that’s another story. Please don’t slam me, I’m just trying to figure out how it works.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)