Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 45)

Patient First? - Curious

Posted: Feb 21st, 2020 - 1:31 pm

I received an email from Patient First today inviting me to test with them.  However, it says that their testing is done via "proctored video chat."  Has anyone ever done this with them?  What exactly does it involve?  Do they literally sit there and watch you take the test?  Sounds like an awful lot of pressure!  I don't even know if I have a webcam for my PC since it's been quite a few years since I've had a need for one.  The only webcam I have is the one that is built into my MacBook.  I'd have to dig around to see if we have an old one hanging around the house somewhere.  I must admit that I have never done anything like this before in my nearly 18 years as an MT.  All of the tests that I've taken over the years have just been "Transcribe these few dictation files or answer these multiple choice questions and send them back to us."  I've never done anything via video chat with someone actually watching me before.  The email also states that they offer "top notch pay," but, of course, didn't say the amount that they pay.  

Does anyone have any experience with this company?  Are they a good, honest company to work for?  I am basically looking for a backup for my full-time IC job for when work is low.  Any feedback on this company would be greatly appreciated!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)