Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

It's so tempting to chuck it - all away

Posted: Feb 13th, 2020 - 2:07 pm In Reply to: Early retirement at 62. - MT

and go for the early retirement. My sister did this in May of last year, retiring from her dental hygienist job of 32 years. She is a single homeowner and rents 2 rooms in her home to 2 older adults. They all get along very well, but I worry (I've always been the one who worries more) that someday they will want to move - And then what?

Financially, she's okay right now, but I'm not so sure that she really considered some of the big what-if scenarios that could happen. So far, she's been enjoying her life. I'm happy that she's no longer feeling the job stress and has the freedom to do whatever she pleases.

Now, she's after me to get out of the rat race as well, but it's such a really big decision and I still need to learn everything I can about Social Security and retirement and Medicare, because I worry that I will miss something if I rush into it all without completely understanding what I'm doing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)