Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 61)

Loving my life after retiring at 62 - Happy retiree

Posted: Feb 13th, 2020 - 8:50 am In Reply to: Early retirement at 62. - MT

Since I was tired of the stress of my MT job I took early retirement at 62. I have not regretted my decision once. I am single but my condo is paid for, my HOA fees super low and I only have 1 year left on my car payment so it was an easy decision for me. However, if I was not in this position I probably would have stuck it out longer. I thought about working part time but now I'm so busy with the hobbies I never had time or was too tired from work to do. I've lost weight just from being able to prepare and eat healthier foods and not grabbing something to wolf down at the computer like before. I also now have the time to exercise every day and look forward to it.

Do I wish I could have held out until my full retirement age? In a perfect world where I liked my job, of course, but I was burned out from being an MT for 15+ years and too used to working from home to try anything else at this stage in my life.

You can always retire at any month after turning 62 and get a little bit higher monthly amount for each month you wait, so it's not a 62-or-nothing proposition. There is a lot of online information available to help you decide, but only you can determine what is right for you. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)