Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Depends - see msg

Posted: Feb 12th, 2020 - 7:38 pm In Reply to: Early retirement at 62. - MT

First, I see people saying they "retired," when they meant they were still working at least part-time, but were collecting SS Retirement benefits. So, just want to clear that up. Retiring means retired, no longer working, period. One can use partially retired. That works.

I fully retired (no working for pay) at age 62 and started collecting SS at that age. It has worked out fine for me. However, we have retirement savings we've been working on for 40 years.

If SS funds are THE ONLY income you are depending on, then you can't afford to fully retire. No room for a blip. I'm not saying stay in the MT biz, good gracious me....just saying something reliable part time in addition to your SS benefit.

It all sounds way to stressful to me if there's no room for an unexpected expense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)