Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

VDI - The nightmare

Posted: Feb 5th, 2020 - 1:14 pm

I heard from another MT that Nuance has the oldest, cheapest version of VDI and that is why there are so many problems. She said they won't pay to upgrade and make it easier for us. Noooo, can't do that. Just let us suffer and go through hell trying to get a decent line count. I actually do not work in VDI and I quit a company because they were shoving it down our throats. The company I do work for does use VDI and I am waiting for the other shoe to drop when I have to download it, but I bought another computer just for that, because I am not about to put it on my good computer. I cannot believe Nuance insists on this garbage, but they do. I wish every MT would just refuse to work in it, but I know that won't happen, so the beast is here to stay, at least for now. Maybe it will all blow up in Nuance's face and they will either do away with it or upgrade!

VDI is nothing new and plenty of people work in it, but I bet they don't go through what the MTs do with this Dollar Store version N has!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)