Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

But at time - in this industry sm

Posted: Feb 5th, 2020 - 4:06 pm In Reply to: and THAT is exactly why I refuse to work in it. I have 2 jobs now - and really would like a third backup but SM

The Nuance and M-Modal were the places to work to have benefits and make money. I had applied so many times only to be told I only had clinical experience, so I would not be a good fit.

Nothing has changed, yet I am doing acute care for a company using VDI and loving it and 100% audits, so what is the darned difference? The difference is Nuance sold out their employees and they are bitter as all get out.

Just now is a post on the M-Modal board of someone being let go due to not needing her as an MT any longer, not quality, and she is claiming she worked her butt off for this company.

I would probably think unless her next step is to get out of MT is to go with a company using M-Modal platform for productivity reasons. Just my assumption, as she's only 60, so she'll still need an income and was still a working participant.

With all that being said, never say never, because a lot of these companies that are not VDI also run out of work, which is why some are choosing to work 2 and 3 jobs, just to keep a consistent pace.

The company I work for is doing Nuance work, I am as productive as I need to be, the work is there, and yes, I must make a purchase that I haven't had to make in a while, but by gosh EditScript is that darned good at VR, that my hands barely touch the keys, I did you not. I make some corrections, I read over it carefully, but my fingers and arms are so thankful, and I've learned acute care.

When it boils down to the fact that you still want to do MT and these smaller companies with different platforms lose their accounts or shut their doors, you would also go right to these companies hiring with plenty of work whether that means you have a hard time getting in or not. The company I work for, no, they aren't always fans of VDI, but the IT department gets it done, and we continue on as a team, hardly ever run out of work, and we work together.

That's all I'm gonna say about that, and also to defend the OP who you all want to slam! It makes no sense to me why the backlash, just take the post for what it is. Provide support for your fellow MTs. No, some would rather drag them through the mud and then go on to tell them about all their good fortune, but in the same sentence say they are looking for a third job. Listen to yourselves once a while.

OP - I stand by you, I get it, and I also must get the computer, and I will make sure not to kick a gift horse in the mouth especially if the program I'm transcribing in is a good moneymaker if I decide to make it be. It's only as good as me and what I put forth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)