Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Motivation - or lack thereof

Posted: Feb 5th, 2020 - 1:02 pm In Reply to: General question about motivation: I consider myself - a veteran of the MT profession,

I could have written your post about myself. I used to fall asleep at my keyboard after an hour. It seemed like pulling teeth to get any sort of line count. I finally threw in the towel and got a job outside of my home and never looked back, sort of. After a year I took on an IC position PT to supplement and am doing much better. I will not ever rely on MT work for my sole source of income. Like you said, the pressure of it and you end up sitting at a computer all day and night for fear there won't be any work the next day or week or month!

There are other WAH jobs that you might consider if you don't want to work outside your home, because as an IC you can work part time or when you want, at least that is what I do and believe me, I make the rules now for how much I do or not do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)