Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

THIS IS WHAT YOU DO TO GET YOUR PAY BACK - concernedMT

Posted: Dec 4th, 2019 - 4:10 pm In Reply to: Addition to nonpayment list - aztyper

This happened to me. I had worked for a company and the owner refused to pay for my work. So, I called the District Attorney's office in the state where the company resides and lodged a formal complaint. They advised me to send in a letter with the dates and the times that I had worked and guess what? She had to pay me BY THE HOUR instead of by the line. So, she really lost out because if she would have just paid me what I was due (which would have been by the line) she would have saved herself a couple of hundred dollars, but because she was refusing to pay me, the District Attorney's office made her pay me by the hour. It was hilarious. The District Attorney called her up on the phone and demanded that she pay me what I had worked and she sent me a check and I had gotten it in 2 days. She was so mad that she wrote in the memo field: PAID IN FULL.

Don't let a company steal from you. Us MTs that have been here way too long for the treatment that we have been getting and this just takes the cake when companies think that they can get away with not paying. Report that company - Also, if he has a signed W-2 form from you and was supposed to be taking taxes out - call the IRS on his but and see how fast his head spins on that one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)